Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely leaving out manus broke arm.
    They were better at every single position that year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told everyone here that the Spurs were going to pretty much stand pat. It makes sense. They aren't getting anyone who can get them any further than they got last year, so more expensive names who demand ball time are not going to do anything for the outcome of the season. They develop what they have and wait for an opportunity if one arises.

GS is a like a hurricane, you just survive it, you don't beat it. It will have to lose strength on its own and it will but you need to know when to make your move. Doing so now just uses up all your financial ammo prematurely.
    That's that winning at ude you want from your FO. "X team is really, really good. Rather than compete, our plan is to just wait for them to implode." Never mind that the Spurs themselves are on the back side of a +15-year chokehold on the NBA, but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's that winning at ude you want from your FO. "X team is really, really good. Rather than compete, our plan is to just wait for them to implode." Never mind that the Spurs themselves are on the back side of a +15-year chokehold on the NBA, but whatever.
    And, even if the best thing to do is roll over this year, why not just roll with the young players, develop them, instead of locking up our past their prime vets who play no D and choke against the best teams?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our guards were horrible last year, and our guards will be even worse this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told everyone here that the Spurs were going to pretty much stand pat. It makes sense. They aren't getting anyone who can get them any further than they got last year, so more expensive names who demand ball time are not going to do anything for the outcome of the season. They develop what they have and wait for an opportunity if one arises.

GS is a like a hurricane, you just survive it, you don't beat it. It will have to lose strength on its own and it will but you need to know when to make your move. Doing so now just uses up all your financial ammo prematurely.
    This. Chemistry is everything. Before we get anybody else we need LA to come to his senses, hes the guy. Hes the guy who can fit this team if he would get it right upstairs. Theres no FA out there that could help us more than a "right" version of LA. No more talent needed, just a willingness to fit the role needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our chemistry must be really ing fragile if losing Patty would've destroyed that. Obviously, this is a team that isn't contending if that's how mentally weak they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh..At least one won't have any illusion about contention with next year"s team..Gonna sit back and enjoy watching Kawhi go HAM on the league..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then going down in the playoffs after overworking himself carrying all the dead weight again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does the lottery team look like now (let's assume Parker and Ginobili aren't showing up, and aldridge traded)?

Mills, Murray, White, Forbes
    Green, Simmons, Hanga
    Leonard,Blossomgame
    Anderson,Bertans
    Pau, (Scrub center... Baynes?)

13 players. That looks like the lineup. That's not even considering some other player that gets trade for Aldridge. Honestly, I think someone is getting traded from this group.

Spurs may likely keep Aldridge and see if there is a trade later in the season.
    Not fair to claim that that's the roster that will be on the floor heading into next season. There's still the MLE to be spent which would add a productive player.

Also, are you assuming they get back nothing for Aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we better hope between Murray, Simmons, Anderson and Bertans, at least one of them becomes an all-star this upcoming season. If we can keep him, I think Simmons would have the best shot of being an all-star caliber player in 2017-18. Murray has the most potential. But he's at least two full years away from being the second or even third fiddle. Kawhi's gonna have to do his best Russell Westbrook impersonation.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we better hope between Murray, Simmons, Anderson and Bertans, at least one of them becomes an all-star this upcoming season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this is troubling. Wonder how they are going to react when they hear you are officially done.
    Yes extremely troubling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not fair to claim that that's the roster that will be on the floor heading into next season. There's still the MLE to be spent which would add a productive player.

Also, are you assuming they get back nothing for Aldridge?
    MLE is probably going to Manu because "one more year (of carrying Fatty and the bench) " .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when Zach Lowe wrote this a couple of months ago..

he's not, the Spurs will ask themselves hard questions in the offseason. They are not going to waste Leonard's prime. They have some grand ideas for how to reshape the team, but it will be hard to free up money to execute them without moving a significant salary somewhere.
    http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...s-nba-playoffs

"Grand ideas"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of cry-baby -made pussies in this forum who don't understand that chemistry is important, the cap has gone up considerably, and the Spurs have never won championships by signing superstar FAs.
    Yeah chemistry. The 2nd best player is a ing pussy diva who can't wait to get out of SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when Zach Lowe wrote this a couple of months ago..

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...s-nba-playoffs

"Grand ideas"
    :"I know what we must do...Lock up Patty."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this deserves its own thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wolves goin after milsap too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't even Top 5 team in the West in terms of raw talent on paper..And it is not like they are blowing these teams out of the depth water either..

Warriors
    : Curry, KD, Draymond, Klay
    Houston: Harden, CP3
    Wolves: KAT, Butler, Wiggins, (Millsap?)
    Pelicans: AD, Cousins, Jrue
    OKC: Russ, PG13

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't even Top 5 team in the West in terms of raw talent on paper..And it is not like they are blowing these teams out of the depth water either..

Warriors
    : Curry, KD, Draymond, Klay
    Houston: Harden, CP3
    Wolves: KAT, Butler, Wiggins, (Millsap?)
    Pelicans: AD, Cousins, Jrue
    OKC: Russ, PG13
    Look at this #depth

PG: Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Tony Parker
    SG: Danny Green, Adam Hanga, Derrick White, Bryn Forbes
    SF: Kyle Anderson, Jaron Blossomgame
    PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Davis Bertans
    C:

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Kiwi's prime will be over before you know it. Two way wings can't carry offense/defense in their 30s...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, even if the best thing to do is roll over this year, why not just roll with the young players, develop them, instead of locking up our past their prime vets who play no D and choke against the best teams?
    Exactly. I'd be semi-okay with clearing bad contracts and developing young talent we drafted while positioning ourselves for targeted, prudent FA acquisitions in 2018/2019. But doubling down on riff raff? Stupid.

Thread Information