Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess how many star free agents det culture has gotten us in the last 2 decades. None.

It's a super team league now and the Spurs are behind in the 1600's surrounding their star with all around.
    Championships aren't always won by the teams with the best players. It's won by the team with the right at ude.

If a guy's main concern is about minutes, money or stats, then his mind isn't on winning.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to play with that loser Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals.

LMAO. Any time we need to understand the perspective of an attention , we can always count on you.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons wanted 50 million. Got 20. That's not the Spurs. His agent sucks donkey balls.
    Source DF?

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of tough seeing Tony Parker going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes every other game and drawing 15 million. It's kind of tough seeing Patty Mills going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes in the ing playoffs and getting 50 million. WTF don't you samfers get? Players are tired of the Spurs Way. Pop has turned arguably the best center in the NBA into a player slightly better than Matt Bonner. The only player that actually had balls in the playoffs was Dedmon and he benched him. Gasol ing sucks balls along with Tony Parker. Real ing talk right there. No one said Simmons wanted fitty. only Aggie Hoopsfan with his bull posts. dude, why do you even post here if you're gonna suck PATFO all day long?

The Spurs ed up and you know it. #callingaspadeaspade #fo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of tough seeing Tony Parker going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes every other game and drawing 15 million. It's kind of tough seeing Patty Mills going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes in the ing playoffs and getting 50 million. WTF don't you samfers get? Players are tired of the Spurs Way. Pop has turned arguably the best center in the NBA into a player slightly better than Matt Bonner. The only player that actually had balls in the playoffs was Dedmon and he benched him. Gasol ing sucks balls along with Tony Parker. Real ing talk right there. No one said Simmons wanted fitty. only Aggie Hoopsfan with his bull posts. dude, why do you even post here if you're gonna suck PATFO all day long?

TBH. These sad s don't want to admit the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop holds players back. I thought Murray should have played more. Simmons should have been starting with starters minutes. Bertans needs more playing time. Will Pop give Davis Bertans at least 20+ minutes a game? Probably not. He can play the 4 and 5. We're thin at those spots so he should see lots of playing time, but he'll probably have a bunch more DNP-CD's.
    This, tbh... Pop's ego...if he benched a player, he will continue to bench them for a long period of time to show them who the man is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truth motherf*cking BOMBS!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kinda reminds me of Phil Jackson being stubborn about implementing the outdated triangle simply because it brought him success 20-30 years ago (when really it was Shaq and Jordan that brought the success)... There comes a time when you have to give a black, expressive, self-confident player the chance to be himself... Get off that high horse, slave owner mentality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson doesn't get enough credit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. Any time we need to understand the perspective of an attention , we can always count on you.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge enjoying the most success in his career yet disgruntled about his stats...

Simmons being given a chance and cites politics and minutes as to reasons he left...

Horry saying established players have to dumb down game...

Dedmon leaving after one year, after getting in the doghouse...

Murray getting benched in the Summer League...

Are we finding the right guys? People coming in with the wrong mindsets?

When you have players like Forbes and White grateful to be here it reminds you of what it's like to find the gems that not only can play but have the right mindsets. I mean White cried talking to Pop. Brandon Paul seems thankful for his shot.

Some players using PATFO more then they are trying to use them. Spurs rep used against them, leading to players saying the right things to fit in but not having the right at ude where it counts.

Sensing the end. I can see why they kept Patty. He personifies the Spurs way and is an example with Tony and Manu gone soon, you need someone like Patty to yoke the youth or risk losing the culture. Hopefully PATFO can surround KL2 with right players...
    Fail.

You start off with "players" then cite a guy who just got here two years ago, then Simmons, Murray, Dedmon and a guy who retired in SA years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is hot garbagePERIOD. You folks thinking he's something special because he got playoff minutes when everyone else was out for the season are re ed. He's a top tier d league player, nothing more.. nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for them. because aldridge was having great success in portland, simmons will lead orlando to glory, and dedmon is going to join a powerhouse in atlanta

the spurs are the best place any of these guys have been. maybe what they dont like is being under the actual pressure to perform with bigger stakes

patty doesnt hate the spurs way, diaw didnt, splitter didnt. and they're all champions
    This! Everyone is going to keep watching also, I love seeing all the crying in this thread .

Everyone here needs to find a summer job, and stop crying in July. Sours are going to win a load of regular season games, and lose to the Warriors again probably. Nothing wrong with that. Spurs had their time, and trying their best to reload with two bad contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals. Post 2014, no one ever gets the credit they deserve. It's always pop and the organization.

I have legit sources that say this is one of the reasons why players dont like San antonio.

It's also one of the reasons why i think Leonard has ever reason to bolt in 2018.
    Well we always know we can trust this dumbass and his "legit sources".

remember when this genius wanted to trade Kawhi for some scrub?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how good LMA would be if he had the at ude of Mario Ellie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det culture took down the first superteam of this era and is the biggest threat to the current superteam.

Look I'd love to get superstars here but it ain't happening. We aren't forming a superteam of our own. I wouldn't compromise the culture and turn it into a player's team just so we can go from having a 1% chance of landing big names to a 2% chance. We'd just turn into another undesirable small-market like Sacramento in the long run with that approach.
    My FkLA dropping some truth bombs here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, San Antonio is going to attract only players like Gordon Hayward and not many others. The Spurs have been insanely gifted in getting Robinson and then Duncan and now Kawhi, it seems, who don't care about glamor. But those players are exceptionally rare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals. Post 2014, no one ever gets the credit they deserve. It's always pop and the organization.

I have legit sources that say this is one of the reasons why players dont like San antonio.

It's also one of the reasons why i think Leonard has ever reason to bolt in 2018.
    So you don't buy, completely at least, Kawhi's selflessness? I mean, maybe the media is always praising the spurs, the organization and Pop, but both Pop and RC always give great compliments to Kawhi. That has to mean something for him

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of the Spurs Way also. I'm tired of winning 50,55,60 games a year. Winning division les, conference les and World Championships.
    Let's be more like the Clippers of old or run our organization like the Knicks do. Let's hire coaches every other year and change everything else to please a few who will be here for just a season .
    You hear other teams openly say they would like to operate and create a culture like the Spurs
    Anyway, see you in the win column and in the playoffs contending once again for another Championship.

GO! SPURS! GO!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol we don't need another big name.

All we need right now to be entirely formidable is a serviceable point guard and a guy who can block shots and rebound.

The culture here and the team first/system first mentality are all we have.

We damn-near sold our souls courting LMA and not that piece of cake wants to leave. Never again should we ever sacrifice the meaning of the Spurs in order to appease a fly-by-night player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of the Spurs Way also. I'm tired of winning 50,55,60 games a year. Winning division les, conference les and World Championships.
    Let's be more like the Clippers of old or run our organization like the Knicks do. Let's hire coaches every other year and change everything else to please a few who will be here for just a season .
    You hear other teams openly say they would like to operate and create a culture like the Spurs
    Anyway, see you in the win column and in the playoffs contending once again for another Championship.

GO! SPURS! GO!
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GO! SPURS! GO!
    You haven't won so much you're "tired of winning?" No? Me neither!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get real... small market team.

So you do with what you have and what Spurs have is a team mentality and a culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that if Simmons and Dedmond or any player would choose lower salary by staying with the Spurs managed minutes, winning with the team, constantly improving because of the excellent coaching, in the long run having a longer successful career, the salary evens out. Instead of being played to the ground every night, their weakness exposed, and fizzles out with a shorter career. The salary catches up and probably even more, plus a ring or two. I wonder how much Parker or Manu would've made in other team, getting paid more but shorter career because of heavy minutes? I wish Simmons well but his defense would have earned him salary for years with the Spurs, and with Kawhi, maybe a ring or two.

Thread Information