Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs weren't gifted but once. 16 teams passed on Kawhi.. that's over half the league. By trading him, the Pacers passed on him as well. It's called having the ability to see something different in a raw talent because you have built the machine that can mold the right mind and body into a superstar. All that took years of building and tweaking to get right, and some luck. If the Spurs don't get Tim Duncan they are still probably ringless, but they did. That was a gift. Parker went 28th. Manu went 57th... fifty ing seventh. Who wanted Tiago Splitter? Who wanted Boris Diaw or Patty Mills or Danny Green? Who wanted Gary Neal? Who wanted JSimmons?

Spurs weren't lucky. They have a system. That is the Spurs Way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs weren't gifted but once. 16 teams passed on Kawhi.. that's over half the league. By trading him, the Pacers passed on him as well. It's called having the ability to see something different in a raw talent because you have built the machine that can mold the right mind and body into a superstar. All that took years of building and tweaking to get right, and some luck. If the Spurs don't get Tim Duncan they are still probably ringless, but they did. That was a gift. Parker went 28th. Manu went 57th... fifty ing seventh. Who wanted Tiago Splitter? Who wanted Boris Diaw or Patty Mills or Danny Green? Who wanted Gary Neal? Who wanted JSimmons?

Spurs weren't lucky. They have a system. That is the Spurs Way.
    Indeed!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people see making it to the NBA as the goal to reach and not winning championship. They dont want to be yelled at by some guy who makes less money than they do about the smallest thing all the time, especially about defense or screening etc. It also prohibits there freedom on the court, taking away the fun of it. This is why established stars are not a good fit unless they are really hungry for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a bonifide Superstar why come to S.A.? To play 28 minutes a game? For an egotistical yelling coach?
    My coach yells at me...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of the Spurs Way also. I'm tired of winning 50,55,60 games a year. Winning division les, conference les and World Championships.
    Let's be more like the Clippers of old or run our organization like the Knicks do. Let's hire coaches every other year and change everything else to please a few who will be here for just a season .
    You hear other teams openly say they would like to operate and create a culture like the Spurs
    Anyway, see you in the win column and in the playoffs contending once again for another Championship.

GO! SPURS! GO!
    Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Kawhi Leonard are great players. Shame their front office surrounded them with , they would've won more

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people see making it to the NBA as the goal to reach and not winning championship. They dont want to be yelled at by some guy who makes less money than they do about the smallest thing all the time, especially about defense or screening etc. It also prohibits there freedom on the court, taking away the fun of it. This is why established stars are not a good fit unless they are really hungry for it.
    Honest question - would you want an "established star" who wasn't "really hungry for it"? You and I may be in disagreement, but I don't want to try to make a player fit if he is just content on getting paid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously what player is worth a to change the "Spurs Way"?

ST is really losing their over role players who've played inconsistent minutes for legitimate reasons...

/Thread.

5-digit and 6-digit post count posters have how much success compared to the people they give their "expert" advice on? Spurs fans are the "average US citizen" of sports fans- over privileged, spoiled, en led and no clue what a real struggle ( team like DAL, LAL and HOU) is like.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Seriously what player is worth a to change the "Spurs Way"?

ST is really losing their over role players who've played inconsistent minutes for legitimate reasons...
    Anybody who loses their over Jonathan Simmons needs to have their head examined.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Kawhi Leonard are great players. Shame their front office surrounded them with Porker, they would've won more
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I would like to believe that the Spurs can remain compe ive in an era of superteam building, the reality of the situation is that is the new trend. I don't expect the Spurs to try to go get top tier free agents because we have never done that. For the most part, the bulk of our talent has come through the draft. I just think with Kawhi becoming the superstar he is, you cannot afford to just be concerned with signing only "Spurs guys". You have to be in "win now" mode and if that means trading talent for character for one season or two, then so be it. Character is great to have but character with talent is what wins championships. How many of those guys are out there in the free agent market? Probably not many. That is why the Spurs need to roll the dice more and take chances on guys they otherwise would not have signed with us because of the "Spurs way" standing as an impediment. I wish players were loyal to their teams, but people need to realize that if we don't build a team that can win it all, when Kawhi's contract is up, he is gone. Kawhi has a Finals MVP and a championship already so he can go anywhere and play with anyone. The Spurs problem is that they think Kawhi won't leave and I think that you don't want to give him a reason to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's posters who truly believe Lebron will leave his hometown with a loaded team that includes Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, the #1 pick, and other great role players to come play for ty San Antonio, their bottom of the barrel players, and an overrated coach.

Good on Kawhi if he leaves this sinking ship

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's posters who truly believe Lebron will leave his hometown with a loaded team that includes Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, the #1 pick, and other great role players to come play for ty San Antonio, their bottom of the barrel players, and an overrated coach.

Who really respects lebron? No one. Hes a freak athlete who has demanded where to play and who to play with, and if it werent for a spurs meltdown or ray allen, hed be the most overrated player of all time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay seemed to take it ok
    Newsflash: Gay takes it in the end!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lebron and Pop would clash big time. Lebron would try to pull his player-coach-manager and Pop would have none of that . Also, the first time Pop goes at Lebron the same way that he went at Tim and all his other players, Lebron would be like: "oh no, this old dude and his team."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron and Pop would clash big time. Lebron would try to pull his player-coach-manager and Pop would have none of that . Also, the first time Pop goes at Lebron the same way that he went at Tim and all his other players, Lebron would be like: "oh no, this old dude and his team."
    Truth bomb. Lebron made Lue get off his high chair, literally. Poop wouldn't be able to pull that "only play 15 minutes so I can ruin your PPG" crap with Lestats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing truth bomb.

But I'm sure there will still be some delusional s here who get their hopes after this season and convince themselves that LeRoid will come to SA because this is a better team than Cleveland led by the GOAT coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing truth bomb.

But I'm sure there will still be some delusional s here who get their hopes after this season and convince themselves that LeRoid will come to SA because this is a better team than Cleveland led by the GOAT coach.
    There's still gots and es that think Fathead has potential at 24 years old. The amount of dumb s in this board is astonishing. Starting with that stalking autist tholdren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's still gots and es that think Fathead has potential at 24 years old. The amount of dumb s in this board is astonishing. Starting with that stalking autist tholdren
    Inb4 that rag melts down and stalks you for the next 3 months.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inb4 that rag melts down and stalks you for the next 3 months.
    Oh no two "friends" so insecure they talk about a poster who is hurting their feelings, almost as sad as using emojis. Boooo hooooo hooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no two "friends" so insecure they talk about a poster who is hurting their feelings, almost as sad as using emojis. Boooo hooooo hooooo
    Sup, stalker. Kill any innocent women today?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup? I originally thought you were 17, now 14. Quick hit me with a your mom joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup? I originally thought you were 17, now 14. Quick hit me with a your mom joke
    Don't deflect. Where did you hide those bodies?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we have all the evidence we need to prove this guy is ing nuts. Holy .

Thread Information