Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson will for sure play minutes. Spurs have a lot of rookies, too many injured and old players and can't afford to not play him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minutes are earned not given. Fathead hasn't earned increased minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minutes are earned not given. Fathead hasn't earned increased minutes.
    We'll see...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile all of you are arguing whether Scrub A or Scrub B should start. 10/10 offseason by PATFO

The OKC pic is very prophetic. See how Russ is sweating and PG isn't? PG is only boxing out and pulling a defender while Russ runs up and down the court collecting his triple double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile all of you are arguing whether Scrub A or Scrub B should start. 10/10 offseason by PATFO

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All in all, we should give PATFO the benefit of the doubt after so many years of excellence and success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes
    green
    kawhi
    gay
    lma
    This if rudy is physically capable of handling a starters workload to start the seaaon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This if rudy is physically capable of handling a starters workload to start the seaaon.
    Not really.

Spurs can start him at the 4 and limit his minutes to 20-24mpg for first few months. Just because a player starts, doesn't mean they play 30+ a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters minutes for spurs in their 30s is typically around 25 to 30. Add in the fact he is coming off a major injury and I dobut pop would play him more than 20 to 25 minutes a night.

That would be his starters workload until at least January to february imo. If he responds well then he might be getting close to 30 by years end.

If he is only capable of playing 15 minutes or less due to physical limitat ions then you are kind of token starting him and it would be better to let Davis or kyle to get more minutes to start the season or maybe play kawhi at the four more.

Pop darn sure won't be in a hurry to throw big minutes at rudy. My guess is he averages about 18 to 22 minutes through at least december.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would be nice to have all all stars, like this juggernaut team....
    D'Antoni worked wonders with them (just like he will with his current superteam).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took Joseph 3 years as our last project. I think Anderson has shown enough progress. His defensive positional cannot be taught. He boxes out well. He needs to get stronger and shoot better and quicker. One of them takes time.
    I think Anderson is well ahead of where Cojo was prior to year 4. His shooting from deep is actually fine, he is a career 40% 3pt shooter from the corners and 37% from 3 overall last season.

I would be fine with him starting at the 4 with LMA, Leonard, Green and Mills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Anderson is well ahead of where Cojo was prior to year 4. His shooting from deep is actually fine, he is a career 40% 3pt shooter from the corners and 37% from 3 overall last season.

I would be fine with him starting at the 4 with LMA, Leonard, Green and Mills.
    Putting Anderson in the starting lineup will also help with some of the ball handling that Mills is lacking. I think he would thrive in this role.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting Anderson in the starting lineup will also help with some of the ball handling that Mills is lacking. I think he would thrive in this role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the idea, him as a secondary Diawesqu playmaker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They let a guy who can do chasedown blocks like that go. I guess PATFO know what they're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Kyle Anderson starts... He shouldn't even be playing... Why do ppl think he is a good passer? Just because he was SUPPOSED to be? On court results say different... He can't shoot, and because of this he never shoots the open shot... He waits for the defense to come drives the lane, but because he can't pass anyone ends up pump faking, and passing to someone already covered for a bad shot... And all this IF he didn't step on the out of bounds line prior to the drive... He is too soft to bang, and his defense is overrated... When the clippers' strategy was to isolate whoever Anderson was guarding, and he gets burned everytime, he can't get starter minutes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our best chance to win is going big... Murray is essential to the starting lineup because he is the only one who can break down the defense and push the break with ease... This creates open shots... The reason mills sucks in the playoffs recently is because ginobili can no longer create on a high level, and when Parker when down, it forced mills to start... And there were NO slashers to open things up for him or anyone else... Murray is that guy...

Kawhi at SG... No question he would dominate even more at this position...

Gay at SF to start, PF for small ball lineups... Big ball is what beats the Warriors... We can't beat them at small ball... The teams that beat them or came close were playing big... The cavs, us, and the thunder when they were up 3-1...Aldridge at PF, and we need to get a center... I dont want gasol starting, I'd even take jeoffery at center over gasol... He is soft as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the places already set (maybe pending an Aldridge trade) what makes the most sense is this, imho:

Starting linuep

G-Murray
    W-Green
    W-Leonard
    W-Bertans
    C-Aldridge

Bench

G-Mills
    W-Ginobili
    W-Gay
    W-Anderson
    C-Gasol

Remaining squad

G-Tony
    G-White
    G-Forbes
    W-Paul
    W-Blossomgame
    C-Lauvergne
    C-Costello

*G=Guard - W=Wing - C=Center

I think it's safe to say that, with the lack of traditional bigmen on the squad, PATFO has decided to go with the "4 perimeter guys and 1 bigman" lineup. The way the roster is constructed, it would make no sense to play Aldridge and Gasol together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like either Gay or Pau will start. I can't see Pop sending both to the bench to bring in Bertans, at least not until Davis has shown to be a consistent plus. The bench would benefit from not having Gay and Gasol along with Anderson and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like either Gay or Pau will start. I can't see Pop sending both to the bench to bring in Bertans, at least not until Davis has shown to be a consistent plus. The bench would benefit from not having Gay and Gasol along with Anderson and Manu.
    If Aldridge and Pau both start, who do you bring off the bench as bigmen? Bertans and Lauvergne? Costello and Lauvergne? That would be a ty looking rotation, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Aldridge and Pau both start, who do you bring off the bench as bigmen? Bertans and Lauvergne? Costello and Lauvergne? That would be a ty looking rotation, tbh.
    Costello will not be part of the rotation. Two-way guys can play at most 45 games in a season. I honestly think Gay will start if they don't go big. But depending on what they gave Lauvergne, they may expect him to be a rotation player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills
    Green
    Leonard
    Gay
    Aldridge

Forbes
    Murray/Manu
    Anderson