Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else feel like they're starting to decline with 2k, fifa, street fighter? Basically games that require constant button pressing?

I'm only in my mid 20s but I think I'm experiencin a video game decline.

Not in terms of enjoyment or anything but I'll probably stick to third person shooters and RPGs..

I wonder what gaming is like in your 60s....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never went outside of Tekken and Street Fighter in fighting games. They generally suck.

And I'm only talking about the PS1-2 versions of Tekken and SNES for SF.

EDIT:

Actually I'm going to ammend that first comment. I played Fight Night and I loved that game. A shame they quit making those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never went outside of Tekken and Street Fighter in fighting games. They generally suck.

EDIT:

Actually I'm going to ammend that first comment. I played Fight Night and I loved that game. A shame they quit making those.
    SF2 for the ps1 is easily the GOAT fighting game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have been underwhelming for awhile now. What I really want is a new soul calibur game that doesn't suck

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fighting games peaked with Street Fighter II Turbo and Mortal Kombat II and have been going way downhill since. I tried Street Fighter V last year and what a piece of .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried Street Fighter V last year and what a piece of .
    I only checked it out for Chun Li's hot pixel ass. Then I moved on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was never into fighting games, ever. But, I've considered buying a PS4 just so I can play The Show, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was never into fighting games, ever. But, I've considered buying a PS4 just so I can play The Show, tbh.
    I haven't played a beisbol game in forever. Wondering if that 's worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mortal Kombat X, Tekken 7, SF V are all as refined as ever. 2K17 is deep and rewarding, but mostly the same game.

What other game is out in these genres that lead to this thread? Or was it an attention attempt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fighting games peaked with Street Fighter II Turbo and Mortal Kombat II and have been going way downhill since. I tried Street Fighter V last year and what a piece of .
    They say SFV is the best ever as far gameplay is concerend. I had for a few weeks ago but sold it soon as I got whooped 7 straight times at Silver badge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT:

Huge fight night fan here. Loved those games. It's the only game I every actually did a "career mode" in. It really felt technical with the different punches and defensive styles. Also the fact the like real boxing, you had to pace yourself in a fight. You couldn't just go for the knock early against certain fighters. You had to win rounds.

I've been hoping they would bring that game back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played a beisbol game in forever. Wondering if that 's worth it.
    Go by my word...try it.

The people who make those games never actually try to refine and try new things..that actually work and is fun unlike EA's properties that stay the same with virtually no change. NFL Madden

This year's game has a retro mode you can play which is great. I haven't bought it yet because I'm money strapped. And too many other greater games to buy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge fight night fan here. Loved those games. It's the only game I every actually did a "career mode" in. It really felt technical with the different punches and defensive styles. Also the fact the like real boxing, you had to pace yourself in a fight. You couldn't just go for the knock early against certain fighters. You had to win rounds.

I've been hoping they would bring that game back.
    Yep.

One of the few sports game I bought more than one of.

It's true about the tecnicality and gameplay. I remember trying to knock everyone with the haymaker and getting matted myself in the process. I like how they implemented that one-punch knockout but also didn't abuse it to work on every single fighter. And also made you paid for missing it.

The good old days..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd definitely buy it if I already had a PS4. But buying a PS4 for the sake of one game seemed a bit.... excessive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many good coke binge fueled nights playing Fight Night.. That game was tailor made for coke use

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

One of the few sports game I bought more than one of.

It's true about the tecnicality and gameplay. I remember trying to knock everyone with the haymaker and getting matted myself in the process. I like how they implemented that one-punch knockout but also didn't abuse it to work on every single fighter. And also made you paid for missing it.

The good old days..
    Yeah the haymaker is there to give you the chance for a knockout, even if your about to go down, but they are fair with the risk. If you miss, the game can really make you pay.

4 and Champion were the best. Loved the gym would fill up and the venue and production would get bigger as you moved along in your career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened to Fight Night? Those games were awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I picked up Fight Night Champion on the PS3 a couple months ago for freaking $1.99 on the Playstation Store. I can't believe you can buy some of these classics for the price of a Coke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They went with UFC games instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I picked up Fight Night Champion on the PS3 a couple months ago for freaking $1.99 on the Playstation Store. I can't believe you can buy some of these classics for the price of a Coke.
    I would had totally jumped on that, I love the Fight Night games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would had totally jumped on that, I love the Fight Night games.
    You gotta check the sales which usually come on Tuesdays. In 2017 they have been just practically giving away PS3 games. I have picked up so many killer games on PS3 for $5 or less in Playstation Store sales. For example, I paid $14 total for the entire God of War series: GOW1+2 on PS3 was $2.50, GOW Chains of Olympus + Ghost of Sparta on PS3 was $2.50, GOW 3 on PS4 was $6, and GOW Ascension on PS3 was $3. The Shadow of the Colossus remaster on PS3 was like $3 a week or two ago. I'm kind of glad I waited until this year to finally get a PS3 & PS4 (until then I was only gaming on 360 and then PC) since I have probably only paid around $110 or so to build a library of about 35 PS3 games, most of them Playstation exclusives.

Also, Fight Night Champion goes on sale a lot. Basically whenever EA does a Tuesday sale on the Playstation Store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I bought it a couple years ago for the 360 for ~10 bucks. Awesome game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They went with UFC games instead
    Hopefully they revisit Fight Night since the UFC les haven't sold as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Punchout FTW

Anyone remember that arcade game where your dude is a green wire frame and you're ducking and stepping to the side and ? That one was ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Punchout FTW

Anyone remember that arcade game where your dude is a green wire frame and you're ducking and stepping to the side and ? That one was ok.
    "Body blow! Body blow! Uppercut!"

That was a staple sound in an 80s arcade.

Thread Information