Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga didn't need to wait for Manu, tbh... that's why what you're saying make no sense. The Spurs does have Manu's bird rights, they could've signed him for whatever amount once over the cap..

again, you need to think this trolling stuff a little more, tbh, at least make a cogent argument... it's ok, I'll point it out, you'll get ready for the season.

Look at apa, he went for the full Manu hater this season, he's not trying to drop subtles or anything...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga didn't need to wait for Manu, tbh... that's why what you're saying make no sense. The Spurs does have Manu's bird rights, they could've signed him for whatever amount once over the cap..

again, you need to think this trolling stuff a little more, tbh, at least make a cogent argument... it's ok, I'll point it out, you'll get ready for the season.

Look at apa, he went for the full Manu hater this season, he's not trying to drop subtles or anything...
    Umm, yes Hanga absolutely had to wait for Manu. It was already said that Hanga was not coming over unless Manu retired. Had nothing to do with the money (although Hanga coming over would have meant less money for Manu due to the hard cap).

And I think you need to brush up on your CBA - would probably cause you to understand this stuff better and not get so defensive.

Besides being wrong about Hanga (it was already reported about the Manu thing), SA is hard capped. They had to sign Pau too. They cannot just pay Manu whatever they want because they have his bird rights. Manu wanting as much money as possible from SA is a big deal in the context I described (the hard cap).
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-20-2017 at 10:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, he also appreciates being on a winning franchise like the Spurs, obviously. If he wanted to max out on money, he would be playing for the Sixers now...
    Talk about making no sense. So because Manu didn't go to PHI for more money means he didn't leverage PHI offer to get SA to offer him 3x the money they did? Manu wasn't going to PHI and knew SA would not let that happen. But he did everything he could (rightfully so) to get max money from the ONE TEAM he wanted to play for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You notice how pretty much everyone that is not an Argie is basically seeing the logic in what I'm saying. I'm not trolling and I don't care if any Argies are biting (despite the fact you are an Argie and seem to have bitten )

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You notice how pretty much everyone that is not an Argie is basically seeing the logic in what I'm saying. I'm not trolling and I don't care if any Argies are biting (despite the fact you are an Argie and seem to have bitten )
    I'm not Argie and ElNono makes total sense. Manu has been taking paycuts most of his career. Are you arguing against that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not Argie and ElNono makes total sense. Manu has been taking paycuts most of his career. Are you arguing against that?
    No - where did I say that? I have said multiple times that because he took pay cuts he's looking to make that up as much as possible. It actually bolsters my point.

And again, I'm not saying he's doing anything wrong.

Plus - you're sort of the village idiot (no offense, you are a good hearted person)

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - where did I say that? I have said multiple times that because he took pay cuts he's looking to make that up as much as possible. It actually bolsters my point.

And again, I'm not saying he's doing anything wrong.

Plus - you're sort of the village idiot (no offense, you are a good hearted person)
    I'm like 95% always right about Spurs related topics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm, yes Hanga absolutely had to wait for Manu. It was already said that Hanga was not coming over unless Manu retired. Had nothing to do with the money (although Hanga coming over would have meant less money for Manu due to the hard cap).

And I think you need to brush up on your CBA - would probably cause you to understand this stuff better and not get so defensive.

Besides being wrong about Hanga (it was already reported about the Manu thing), SA is hard capped. They had to sign Pau too. They cannot just pay Manu whatever they want because they have his bird rights. Manu wanting as much money as possible from SA is a big deal in the context I described (the hard cap).
    This is disappointing if true, even if Hanga hasn't proven he can shoot as a wing despite being a Pro for 12 years. So they're hard capped at $125 million because they signed Gay to the Full MLE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm like 95% always right about Spurs related topics.
    One of the best - I agree

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best - I agree
    Thanks brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is disappointing if true, even if Hanga hasn't proven he can shoot as a wing despite being a Pro for 12 years. So they're hard capped at $125 million because they signed Gay to the Full MLE?
    Exactly right. From the reports about Hanga, he wanted playing time if he was going to come over because it likely meant taking less money to do so.

By Manu dragging this out, it eliminated Hanga from the equation even if there were a chance he would have come over with Manu coming back. He couldn't wait any longer because he has offers in Europe.

If Hanga would have come over that would directly have impacted the amount of money SA could have paid Manu (which if you are trying to max the money you can get, eliminating people like Hanga is a way to do it).

I find if very, very hard to believe that Manu had all this time off to decide and that he truly needed from July 1st - 15th to make his "final decision". That makes zero sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

@ "it was already said"... link? If Hanga didn't come over, that's Hanga's problem. Manu delaying his decision or not had no bearing on the Spurs bringing Hanga.

My CBA knowledge is perfectly fine, tbh, the Spurs had the money to pay Hanga and Manu if they so desired.

Talk about making no sense. So because Manu didn't go to PHI for more money means he didn't leverage PHI offer to get SA to offer him 3x the money they did? Manu wasn't going to PHI and knew SA would not let that happen. But he did everything he could (rightfully so) to get max money from the ONE TEAM he wanted to play for.
    Manu had the opportunity to go to Philly and play for more money but didn't do it, that means Manu took a paycut to stay with the Spurs. It's pretty simple actually. If you need drawings to explain, let dabom know, tbh...

Except they're not. Two people so far, three?

You should drop that schtick, it's embarrassing. You can ask apa tips on playing the Manu hater, tbh, he's doing it right...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly right. From the reports about Hanga, he wanted playing time if he was going to come over because it likely meant taking less money to do so.

By Manu dragging this out, it eliminated Hanga from the equation even if there were a chance he would have come over with Manu coming back. He couldn't wait any longer because he has offers in Europe.

If Hanga would have come over that would directly have impacted the amount of money SA could have paid Manu (which if you are trying to max the money you can get, eliminating people like Hanga is a way to do it).

I find if very, very hard to believe that Manu had all this time off to decide and that he truly needed from July 1st - 15th to make his "final decision". That makes zero sense to me.
    Well I think Manu would have been willing to sacrifice minutes as he's shown he's that kind of teammate/person (ie play 10mpg). So if Hanga were to be paid the same as Baskonia are paying him ($3M USD/year) plus a bit more for tax differences, let's say the Spurs paid him $3.5M per year, how much does that leave the Spurs under the hard cap to give to Manu (assuming Lauvergne is getting paid bugger all)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think Manu would have been willing to sacrifice minutes as he's shown he's that kind of teammate/person (ie play 10mpg). So if Hanga were to be paid the same as Baskonia are paying him ($3M USD/year) plus a bit more for tax differences, let's say the Spurs paid him $3.5M per year, how much does that leave the Spurs under the hard cap to give to Manu?
    It's not a money issue. It's a Hanga issue. The Spurs have a limit on how much they can pay Euro imports, and makes sense Hanga going for the money in Europe.

EDIT: Hanga, on the other hand, it's at the Spurs mercy if he ever wants to play in the NBA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Not to mention Manu waiting this long just points to him trying to squeeze as much moey as possible from San antonio.

Dissapointing that my favourite spur of all time has stooped this low. Sad.
    Favorite Spur of all-time

Do you ever STFU?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu took paycuts multiple times, tbh... including the contract right before the one you mention, and the one you mention too (IIRC, Philly offered more money)...

That's why pushing the money narrative makes no sense... the only player of the big 3 that has always re-signed for the max allowed under the CBA is Tony Parker, actually...

No, the Spurs genuinely think it's money well spent.
    This is false btw, Parker has never been paid CBA max. Neither has Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a money issue. It's a Hanga issue. The Spurs have a limit on how much they can pay Euro imports, and makes sense Hanga going for the money in Europe.
    The limit is due to the Spurs being over the cap, not the fact that Hanga is in Europe. If the Spurs had the desire and the cap space they could max Hanga out. Being over the cap and using the MLE on Gay meant that they couldn't offer more than the LLE, and he'll get more than that in Europe. You might be thinking of the limit on how much of his buyout the Spurs can pay.

Money isn't the only reason that perhaps Manu didn't want to come back if Hanga was on the team: they would also be competing for minutes. I think that's reinforced by Manu's quote about being less likely to come back if Simmons had stayed and Patty left. Manu and Patty have complementary skillsets and play different positions, while Manu and Simmons had much more similar roles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is false btw, Parker has never been paid CBA max. Neither has Manu.
    It depends on what you mean. Manu and Tony both got max extensions in their careers. Tony's current deal was a max when he signed it, and Manu's deal in 2010 was the same. They have not gotten the free-agent max, but they have taken the most they could.

Nono is very wrong about his assessment of Parker, though. Tony's extension in 2011 actually saw a drop in his base salary. Dude was making several million less in his prime than he could have on a max extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on what you mean. Manu and Tony both got max extensions in their careers. Tony's current deal was a max when he signed it, and Manu's deal in 2010 was the same. They have not gotten the free-agent max, but they have taken the most they could.

Nono is very wrong about his assessment of Parker, though. Tony's extension in 2011 actually saw a drop in his base salary. Dude was making several million less in his prime than he could have on a max extension.
    Good catch. All I did was compare their salaries to the league max, I didn't take extensions into account. I forgot the rules for those were different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT: Hanga, on the other hand, it's at the Spurs mercy if he ever wants to play in the NBA
    You are wrong here and look really defensive tbh.. the classic defensive technique is to say someone is trolling to cast some sort of illegitimacy to what they are saying.

You aren't making any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's wrong on a lot of things because he's in super deflection mode for Manu with his cape on for no reason. There is nothing wrong with what I said nor that Manu is doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I dont know why Nono is painting me as a Manu hater. I love Manu and always have. I'm not APO and not trying to be a Manu hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think Manu would have been willing to sacrifice minutes as he's shown he's that kind of teammate/person (ie play 10mpg). So if Hanga were to be paid the same as Baskonia are paying him ($3M USD/year) plus a bit more for tax differences, let's say the Spurs paid him $3.5M per year, how much does that leave the Spurs under the hard cap to give to Manu (assuming Lauvergne is getting paid bugger all)?
    Spurs have about 25M or so I believe (don't quote me, haven't looked up the number in a while) to split between Manu & Pau. Don't forget about Pau. He has to fit into that money to and have to assume that 16M+ is going to him if he signs a 1-year deal. If SA would have signed Hanga, that is literally less money to Manu (assuming Pau doesn't sacrifice money or get a longer deal at lesser money).

So maybe something like the difference in 9M to Manu vs 6M if Hanga signed. Let's say SA doesn't want to sign Pau into next year for cap space reasons and they give a thank you to Pau for giving them flexibity. So instead of the 16M he was slated to make they give him 20M. That would be 5M to Manu.

If Hanga was here for the LLE, that eats into that 5M for Manu directly. Manu had plenty of reasons to drag this out until Hanga announced he couldn't wait any longer and signed in Europe again.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-21-2017 at 10:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why do you think Hanga waited so long to take his offer in Europe? Are you really saying (before I do work to appease you) that you didn't see any of the articles with regards to the Hanga situation and Manu? Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I dont know why Nono is painting me as a Manu hater. I love Manu and always have. I'm not APO and not trying to be a Manu hater.
    The hater label is also a defense mechanism, aka ad hominem. There's also projection, as in taking one's own emotional attachment and projecting onto others.
    Spur fans/Manu fans, never the twain shall meet.

Thread Information