My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do y'all feel about the numbers shrinking
    I think we'll get used to it over time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget these Nike jerseys. Get me some more Kawhi products, Nike.
    Maybe Kawhi will announce his signature shoe during the second half of the season (or he'll just continue rocking the Air Jordan signature line forever)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No real changes = good things.

Not like anybody buys the fucking NBA shorts anyway, so if they want to put that boring ass logo on it, so be it. The arm thing is probably more an Nike thing than Spurs thing, tbh. Same with the swoosh. Not like its anything you can fucking control.

What can wind do for you?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not like anybody buys the fucking NBA shorts anyway, so if they want to put that boring ass logo on it, so be it. The arm thing is probably more an Nike thing than Spurs thing, tbh. Same with the swoosh. Not like its anything you can fucking control.
    I totall agree. I was happy to see an update but not a revamp. Spurs will never do anything drastic to the unis anyways. SA got that iconic classic look as CHI, BOS, LA and POR to name a few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the back/arm thing is only on the player issue versions and not the retail ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruh I was waiting to buy the shorts haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be a 96 but close enough

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick PShop comparo.
    I like the more pronounced curve of the lettering on the former jersey.

The Spurs are simply winners... Dynasty??? Nah... A Spurs Empire..!

1999 2003 2005 2007 2014

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the decision to go with a new font but the execution is terrible. The spacing in the letters seem off now. Instead of reading SPURS, it looks like SP U RS. They also should've changed the number font to match the new wordmark. The current number font they use worked well with the old logo but it's too thick and bulky for the new one (they probably tried to address this by shrinking the numbers on the front but it doesn't work). Finally, the inconsistent outlines really makes the jerseys look 'off'. The spur logo is outlined in white while the letters are completely bare, but the numbers are double outlined in black and silver. All of that combined with the adjustment to the Nike template (side panels going over the arm trim, arm trim being cut at the back, etc.) make for a disappointing set. Hopefully the two alternates will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 96 in 2k17.... how did they take his rating down? Cuz he got hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 96 in 2k17.... how did they take his rating down? Cuz he got hurt?
    That was after so many updates to his rating over the season, he didn't start out at a 96. If anything, we should be happy they kept it high with a 95 even after the injury to start .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real problem is his closest rated teammate will be lower than 80

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real problem is his closest rated teammate will be lower than 80
    LMA AN Gay will be a 85... Lol They'll be nice cuz it's the Spurs. Pau will be an 82 an Green will be an 77. Mills, Ginobili, an Parker will be 75.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the decision to go with a new font but the execution is terrible. The spacing in the letters seem off now. Instead of reading SPURS, it looks like SP U RS. They also should've changed the number font to match the new wordmark. The current number font they use worked well with the old logo but it's too thick and bulky for the new one (they probably tried to address this by shrinking the numbers on the front but it doesn't work). Finally, the inconsistent outlines really makes the jerseys look 'off'. The spur logo is outlined in white while the letters are completely bare, but the numbers are double outlined in black and silver. All of that combined with the adjustment to the Nike template (side panels going over the arm trim, arm trim being cut at the back, etc.) make for a disappointing set. Hopefully the two alternates will be better.
    "as fans we have become "content" and not as hungry as we used to be back in the day in the late 90s and early 2000s during, its not like that anymore, we have nothing else to experience/win. So if we as fan feel like this, why do we expect duncan,parker,manu, pop, rc, and peter holt expect to feel differently, they are human too..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"So the final image of Ginobili isnt that he lost a bronze medal. Its what he did to try to win one." -
    Buck Harvey

Still crazy after all these years. And I love that, Jackson said. Id rather play with someone like him, who plays hard and gets hurt, than someone who is afraid.

- SJAX regarding Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The back shoulder seams look like some fucking diaper. The front SPURS spacing is weird.
    Last edited by superbigtime; 3 Days Ago at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of them will be over an 80....if gay is it is bc they haven't seen him play and don't know where to judge him post injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good review. I agree. I also didn't like that they made the nike logo so prominently displayed in both shirt and pants. On top of that, the socks also display it. It's too much. I didn't like the shoulders in the back either. But the biggest issue is the lettering is so off and poorly done as you mention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give two shits about jerseys and how they look.
    I'm ready for some basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of them will be over an 80....if gay is it is bc they haven't seen him play and don't know where to judge him post injury
    Aldridge will certainly be over an 80. You're a fool if you think otherwise. Heck, Pau was in last year's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge will certainly be over an 80. You're a fool if you think otherwise. Heck, Pau was in last year's game.
    Correct. Each player is given a rating that is supposed to reflect their skills overall compared to other players who play the same position. He'll probably get an 82.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They took that photo in a McDonalds bathroom tbh

Thread Information