"bleeding from wherever"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    common practice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am very interested in what he will do. You may give it short shrift, but it is a testable theory, that can make a prediction.

The prediction is that he will do nothing, or as close to nothing as he can. He consistently deals harshly, especially rhetorically, with just about every country but Russia.

Predicting what Trump will, or won't do is sort of a mugs game, for the most part.

The thing about a good theory though, it that it both explains facts, and you can make testable predictions.

Fact 1:
    Russia attempted to hack our electoral process through a multi-pronged attack.

Fact 2:
    Donald "look how big my inauguration crowd was" Trump has done nothing but deny this even happened. He has shown no willingness whatsoever to hold Russia to account for anything.

Fact 3:
    Donald Trump has a pattern of criticizing anyone, and everyone at the drop of a hat. Allies, enemies, courts, free press, nothing has escaped his remarks and twitter feed, except for ONE/(two) thing(s), and that is Russia/Putin

Fact 4:
    Russian efforts appeared designed to support Trump

Fact 5:
    Trump directly called on Russia publicly to support his efforts to get elected.

Theory:
    Donald Trump has been compromised in some way. Either he directly owes them money, or they have evidence of some kind of him breaking the law or doing something he does not want others to know about.

This theory explains those facts, and is fully consistent with observed reality.

Prediction:
    Donald Trump will take no action personally, nor will he criticize Russia or Putin in any way in regards to the Russian attack on our elections. He may allow his underlings to do some minor, inconsequential stuff, and if forced to do anything by Congress will drag his feet, if not outright attempt to veto any sanctions.

The way to falsify the theory:
    1) Trump criticizes Putin/Russia (good)
    2) Trump orders/takes action that materially harms Russian interests (definitive)

Bull conspiracy theories fail very often because either: they cannot be falsified, or they directly conflict with observed reality. This theory can be falsified, and does not conflict with what we know as fact.

Donald Trump is unpredictable except for Russia
    I think his past shady business dealings are becoming leverage against him because people with resources and motivation to dig, such as large nation states like China and Russia, are going to come up with things that he would prefer not to be known. This would also explains both his refusal to release his taxes, and his retention of control of his business enterprises. If he cedes too much operational control of those businesses, the possibility of some of those financial records getting out goes up.

--------------------------------------------------

This theory predicts that Trump will give Putin things he wants.

Putin wants the US to stop arming Assad's opponents.

Trump Quietly Gives Putin What He Wants
    https://www.commentarymagazine.com/f...s-putin-wants/
    Until now, the notion that Donald Trump was providing Russia and Vladimir Putin with concessions at the expense of U.S. interests was poorly supported. That all changed on Wednesday afternoon when the Washington Post revealed that Donald Trump ordered his national security advisor and CIA director to scrap a program that provided covert aid to anti-Assad rebels in Syria.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this is very troubling, ducks.

Thread Information