Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You expect the Cavs to pay LMA, Thompson, and Love??
    3 team deal to trade Love and get another PG? But you're right, I'm just blinded by the thought of Irving in San Antonio. Thanks for thinking clearly for me lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You expect the Cavs to pay LMA, Thompson, and Love??
    Suns get Aldridge + First Rounders
    Cavs get Bledsoe, Green, and Murray
    Spurs get Kyrie + Shumpert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns aren't getting LMA AND picks for Bledsoe, especially not from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the theories begin, the reason Spurs took Murray out of SL is to work on a trade for him to Cleveland.
    i just wish billups was the cavs gm, he loves Murray
    From the very beginning I suspected Murray was part of some trade.
    It was just too weird that he was in minutes restrictions while being fully healthy from the very beginning in SL and being sat down... without a word. Yes he played poorly but he even sat down one game in Utah... the point of those games is to get players to be better, they don't count for anything and they actually are important for guys trying to improve. I thought, well what kind of a cancer is Murray getting to be that he has to be benched in summer league to be humbled and focus on his poor areas of his game?? It always made more sense to me, that his name was an asset involved in trades. The possibility of an injury was risky and if he wasn't playing well, which he wasn't, he'd tank his value with further exposure too, which he may have done anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us how Jimmer is doing in the Icelandic Basketball Association Spurtacular
    Tell us how Kawhi is the next Shaun Marion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather keep and develop Murray. He's still young and raw and can be molded to play within the Spurs offense and his length and quickness makes him a better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we throw in Pop too!!
    -_-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the logic: He supposedly wants out of Cavaliers because an aging and potentially departing in a year James, is the focal point, but he's interested in Spurs, who have a younger focal point and who his coming to would ensure said focal point remains firmly entrenched?

Even if he's one of these idiots who doesn't believe Leonard is as good as he is and he thinks he's better, he has to know that Leonard has finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in MVP voting in consecutive seasons and made back to back All-NBA 1st teams.

Then there's the matter of Spurs lack of assets. They don't have the pieces you need to have a chance at a player of his caliber or the means to acquire those pieces through other avenues.
    If he wins with the Spurs he will not only be an NBA champion again, but he will get credit as being the HOF teammate (potentially) that helped Kawhi get over the huge hump in the West. Kinda like Durant got that credit, but he would have really been a difference maker in that case. Last season the focus was on Lebron and he got very underwhelming credit for what he did. His relationship with Lebron has always been strained and he can see that the Cavs will soon be tanking. Lebron is going to pack up and leave and he doesn't care about the state he's leaving the Cavs in. Kyrie is jumping ship before the Cavs get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather keep and develop Murray. He's still young and raw and can be molded to play within the Spurs offense and his length and quickness makes him a better defender.
    stfu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go him you're drunk..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see why the Suns would want LMA at this point but I hope I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With an insane amount of luck Murray could possibly be nearly as good as Kyrie Irving in about five to six years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, if the Spurs are able to get Irving I'm ok with pretty much any trade they make even if it sends the team into a rebuild mode for a year or two. Outside of Leonard I would not consider anyone untradable on this team (although I don't think Pop will ever move Tony).
    Manu, Tony, Kawhi wont be moved.
    Gasol cant be moved now.
    Nor can Patty.

the rest i think is open season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Marks said, he doesn't have a no-trade and is under contract for multiple seasons, so they don't have to kowtow to him.

Why would Aldridge and Murray make Spurs a front runner? Cavaliers' primary focus for the next year, is going to be doing whatever possible to retain James. Aldridge is a poor offensive fit with him and would likely leave in a year and Murray isn't ready to contribute to a team with championship aspirations or a good enough prospect to be the key piece in a trade for a player of this caliber.

Spurs would need to turn Aldridge and Green into quality assets, then re-route those assets, along with Murray and probably a pick, to get in the game.

Even if it were possible, I doubt they have the balls to gut this team at this point or trade Mills (eligible December 15th) when Parker get's back to clear up the PG logjam.

Heat have the balls and of the 4, the best available assets.
    Dude - BOS would not give up minimal assets for Paul George because he wouldn't commit. Why would teams give up assets for a player they know just forced his way out of CLE and would do the same if they traded for him? Kyrie has 4 teams he wants to go to.

Doesn't mean he will go there but it behooves all parties involved to make that happen.

Giving away assets for someone who won't commit to your team is typically bad business and BOS based on their history certainly won't do that.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has Jimmer=like potential.

Does a team paying Kawhi and Kyrie both the supermax have a potential to upset Dubs??? Only makes sense if they keep LMA and Irving sets him up better than even Parker did.
    I think this is moot, by the time the Spurs are paying supermax to these two, the Warriors will be broken up.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Patty actually signed his contract?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude - BOS would not give up minimal assets for Paul George because he wouldn't commit. Why would teams give up assets for a player they know just forced his way out of CLE and would do the same if they traded for him? Kyrie has 4 teams he wants to go to.

Doesn't mean he will go there but it behooves all parties involved to make that happen.

Giving away assets for someone who won't commit to your team is typically bad business and BOS based on their history certainly won't do that.
    Because he has two years left vs. one before his player option.

He also has a 15% trade kicker. Why not collect some extra dough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if this all started cause LeBron told Kyrie he's leaving next year, and he's telling him to get out too, even if it means saying that he's tired of playing with LeBron.

He proved in the finals a couple years ago he can be special. Saying he wants to be "the guy" but then list SA as a choice when we have "the guy" already doesn't quite equate. The Knicks/Heat certainly do.
    I agree. Reading between the lines - Lebron is leaving and its going to be tough for him to do. Now, Lebron has more than enough reasons to leave and fans understanding. They let go of Griffin, Gilbert is kind of awful and they botched things with Kyrie.

This allows Kyrie to get out and Lebron to have all the excuses he needs if he wants to.

Also, there could be some truth to the Lebron thing too. The reason playing with Kawhi vs Lebron makes sense for those asking is because Lebron is the PG. He is the ball dominant player. SA is looking for a more ball dominant PG (CP, Kyrie) and Kyrie will actually get to be more of a PG here.

Plus, Lebron runs things and yields his power. Kawhi isnt like that and is fine letting Kyrie get credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can stay under the tax with this trade (which is possible with Simmons leaving and no LLE being used), they can get by with the 175%-plus-$100k rule. So Green and incentive would be enough. That's even more true if the Spurs trade Parker for a bad contract to add value. Kyrie makes a much as Kawhi; they don't need to go through hoops to match a deal that small.

They can't do that because CLE is over the tax I thought. Would be illegal for Cavs money out vs in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be a pessimist but why does Cleveland care where Kyrie wants to go? Spurs fans better start hoping the CP3/Kyrie and Murray situation ends up like Jason Kidd and Tony Parker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be a pessimist but why does Cleveland care where Kyrie wants to go? Spurs fans better start hoping the CP3/Kyrie and Murray situation ends up like Jason Kidd and Tony Parker.
    Its not so much cleveland caring but the team trading for him caring about what he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has two years left vs. one before his player option.

He also has a 15% trade kicker. Why not collect some extra dough.
    He has that in CLE and that's not keeping him from forcing his way out despite going to the finals every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CLE may not care where Kyrie goes, but other teams that know Kyrie will force his way out if traded there will probably be very cautious offering up a good package.

CLE has him under contract the same as other teams would trading for him and he's getting out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...land-cavaliers

"League sources told ESPN that both Butler and
    Karl-Anthony Towns have been doing their part to recruit Irving on the idea of playing alongside them in Minnesota, and they've made it known to Wolves management that they want to add the Cavs star to the mix. Butler and Irving became tight in their time playing for USA Basketball together. Towns' father, Karl Towns Sr., and Irving's father, Drederick Irving, are connected through the basketball scene in northern New Jersey, where they both reside."

while Spurs players recruit losers like Jean-Charles and Lauvergne, Laprovitolla

Thread Information