Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could be better for the cavs than what the Spurs have to offer? (If they're offering) 2 legit starters and a possible third in Murray? That's a steal for a player that asked for a trade. LMA/LBJ/Green easily win the east this upcoming season imo
    Plenty of teams can offer more - it's just are they willing to with Kyrie forcing his way out of CLE and possibly do the same to them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then you honestly do not know much about nba front offices tbh..
    : "We like what we have "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/Danny/LMA for Irving tbh...

Who's the Cavs GM right now? Gilbert's mongoloid son? Make it happen RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of teams can offer more - it's just are they willing to with Kyrie forcing his way out of CLE and possibly do the same to them?
    What team can offer two starters and a young prospect?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO probably arent even trying to make a deal. Pops on vacation and RC is probably like "we like what we have"
    I will be bitterly disappointed if they don't try, and try hard. It's not too often a young star player asks to be traded and the Spurs are one of his top choices. As Big Empty said, you can always trade him later if things don't work out or he doesn't click with the team. This could save the off-season. There's no guarantees we get someone better next off-season, so you may as well try to go for it now. This is the bold move I was talking about a few days ago. If they try their best to get a trade done and it if doesn't work out, then that is all good with me, I will roll with this current team as I am excited to see what Rudy Gay can do with the Spurs (I hope he comes back from his injury healthy and strong, same with TP too), but they need to try and get Kyrie if he wants to be on the Spurs. It's a ing open invitation.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-22-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None.

Knicks - Melo (who Cavs didn't even want to give up Love for)
    Wolves - Pekovic, Dieng
    Heat - Bustlow, Ellington, Tyler Johnson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Kyrie gonna buy LMA's house?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY can offer Melo which I am not sure they really want
    Wolves can offer Wiggins and Dieng
    Heat can offer Dragic, Winslow or Tyler Johnson

The Spurs offer of LMA, Green and Murray actualy looks like the 3rd best out of those four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not often (ever?) a young elite player wants to come to SA, might want to take advantage of this rare opportunity
    specially over Aldridge who doesn't want to be in SA. I think guys just gloss over the cancer that he's become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great days for the Dubs. Their only two true rials each have had major players demand a trade (LMA, Kyrie respectively) Both have a good chance of being weaker next year.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then you honestly do not know much about nba front offices tbh..
    This. Phones I'm sure are going crazy right now. I think it would be eye opening if a front office revealed all the deals they've attempted in throughout history. I bet every time a star has been made available, the Spurs FO has at least put out feelers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYC still seems like the most likely destination.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs offer of LMA, Green and Murray actualy looks like the 3rd best out of those four.

If cleveland really wanted melo, it should have happened already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If cleveland really wanted melo, it should have happened already
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Apparently Schultz is a putz so I wouldn't put much stock into what he spews.

People who post his tweets on r/nba get their threads deleted because the guy has a bad reputation.

Even Clutchfans on Schultz: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...284367/page-23
    Last edited by NASpurs; 07-22-2017 at 12:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Once again, when the smoke clears the Spurs are just cold coals.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Cavs would get totally cucked with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are plenty of trade scenarios where we don't trade LMA for Kyrie. If we were trading Parker or Green or whomever plus picks for Kyrie, but the Cavs who might want out from Loves long term contract can get LMA and his shorter contract, they might want to do that and make it a condition of the Kyrie for whomever part of the deal.

Cavs aren't going to want both LMA and Love, and we'll need a big. But we lose defense and long term cap flexibility taking on Love's contract.
    Don't want Love. LMA for Kyrie I am on board with bc 1.LMA wants out. 2. Spurs need top tier scoring talent at the guards spots. 3. Spurs already intended to play smaller and have 3 PF that suit their needs in Gay, Anderson and Bertans. LMA was going to play center the most he's played it in his life and be disgruntled about it, then bolt. You have to replace a center and not a PF based on Pop's apparent plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want Love. LMA for Kyrie I am on board with bc 1.LMA wants out. 2. Spurs need top tier scoring talent at the guards spots. 3. Spurs already intended to play smaller and have 3 PF that suit their needs in Gay, Anderson and Bertans. LMA was going to play center the most he's played it in his life and be disgruntled about it, then bolt. You have to replace a center and not a PF based on Pop's apparent plan.
    But you need to replace a center now. Who do you have in mind?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much every team - depends on your definition of starter (and quality of those starters) and young prospect (and the ceiling of that prospect).

BOS: Isiah Thomas & Marcus Smart + Jaylen Brown meets that criteria
    CHA: Kemba Walker & Batum + Kaminsky meets that criteria
    MIA: Hassan Whiteside & Dragic + Winslow meets that criteria
    DEN: Wilson Chandler & Will Barton + Jamal Murray meets that criteria
    DET: Avery Bradley & Drummond + Luke Kennard meets that criteria
    IND: Myles Turner & Oladipo + Sabonis meets that criteria
    LAC: Pat Bev & DeAndre Jordan + Sam Dekker meets that criteria
    MIN: Wiggins & Taj + Tyus Jones meets that criteria
    NO: Cousins & Hill + Cook meets that criteria
    NY: Melo & Courtney Lee & Frank Nitlikina meets the criteria
    ORL: Fournier & Aaron Gordon + Hezjona meets the criteria
    PHX: Bledsoe & Tyson Chandler + Warren meets the criteria
    SAC: George Hill & WCS + Fox meets that criteria
    UTA: Favors & Rubio + Mitc meets that criteria

That is just one scenario for those teams and many of them have other valuable players that can be subbed in and out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be bitterly disappointed if they don't try, and try hard. It's not too often a young star player asks to be traded and the Spurs are one of his top choices. As Big Empty said, you can always trade him later if things don't work out or he doesn't click with the team. This could save the off-season. There's no guarantees we get someone better next off-season, so you may as well try to go for it now. This is the bold move I was talking about a few days ago. If they try their best to get a trade done and it if doesn't work out, then that is all good with me, I will roll with this current team as I am excited to see what Rudy Gay can do with the Spurs (I hope he comes back from his injury healthy and strong, same with TP too), but they need to try and get Kyrie if he wants to be on the Spurs. It's a ing open invitation.
    I am pessimistic about this now. Spurs don't do bold. The boldest move was shipping an injury prone Tiago to sign Aldridge and letting some roleplayers who were FA go... wasn't even that bold. An no brainer bc Tiagos career was on the downswing and he was almost never healthy. The season after they traded a Diaw that was getting benched in the playoffs to sign Gasol. It wasn't that difficult a choice either. Diaw was also on the downturn. You get benched in the playoffs bc a 22 year old Slowmo is a better option than you, you better be packing your bags. This season they chose to sign Patty to a generous contract and stood pat at the guards spots loading up on young guards to see if they find a keeper. The situation is not the same as the prior two seasons. They like what they have. Veering away from that initial plan is the bold move. They won't do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo in Houston would be ing hilarious. I see no way that team works.

I'm willing as to try Kyrie in SAS if Cleveland actually wants LMA/Green/Murray/whatever. He'd be a huge shot in the arm.
    Carmelo in Houston would be a Team trying to replicate west golden state does, but less fit to do it.
    Carmelo is not the of the ball player Durant is, Cp3 and Harden are not dead eye shooters from 3, but it could still work, it's not doomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you need to replace a center now. Who do you have in mind?
    I thought Tyson Chandler based on the fact he's been offered. Alex Len is another possibility.

Thread Information