Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I created the thread before Woj mentioned the Spurs, or else I would've been all over it tbh.
    I know, maybe timvp or Slomo can do you a solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the logic: He supposedly wants out of Cavaliers because an aging and potentially departing in a year James, is the focal point, but he's interested in Spurs, who have a younger focal point and who his coming to would ensure said focal point remains firmly entrenched?

Even if he's one of these idiots who doesn't believe Leonard is as good as he is and he thinks he's better, he has to know that Leonard has finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in MVP voting in consecutive seasons and made back to back All-NBA 1st teams.

Then there's the matter of Spurs lack of assets. They don't have the pieces you need to have a chance at a player of his caliber or the means to acquire those pieces through other avenues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the logic: He supposedly wants out of Cavaliers because an aging and potentially departing in a year James, is the focal point, but he's interested in Spurs, who have a younger focal point and who his coming to would ensure said focal point remains firmly entrenched?

Even if some of these idiots don't believe Leonard is as good as he is and he thinks he's better, he has to know that Leonard has made back to back All-NBA 1st teams and finished 2nd and 3rd respectively, in MVP voting in consecutive seasons.

Then there's the matter of Spurs lack of assets. They don't have the pieces you need to have a chance at a player of his caliber or the means to acquire those pieces through other avenues.
    I think he knows Lebron is gone next summer... so he's trying to jump ship before hits the fan.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why Woj singled us out to start.... to torture us... anyways if we somehow won the off-season. Geeked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter who it takes. Everybody but Kawhi should be fair game. It doesn't matter if you gut the team. Kawhi and Irving are both 25, we would be set for the next decade. You worry about filling the spots around them later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bat Manu made the same trade except I got rid of Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fapping so hard, let's do it Drunkford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this . Now I'm all excited about a that probably will never happen.
    same damnit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kyrie's age. SA, if trading LMA for Kyrie, would be shifting their issue from PG to PF and no real means to address the big issue. SA would be so screwed from a big man perspective.

I'd still do it and hope that FA next year can address that issue, but man. Pau, Joff & ???

Have to assume Murray would be in the deal as a young prospect with ties to Lebron - just hoping they don't ask for Danny Green too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even if he's one of these idiots who doesn't believe Leonard is as good as he is and he thinks he's better, he has to know that Leonard has finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in MVP voting in consecutive seasons and made back to back All-NBA 1st teams.

The focal point thing is just a cover imo. I think Kyrie is sick of Lebron controlling everything and doesn't want to be on a sinking Cleveland ship when Lebron leaves next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be sweet if it were Mills+Danny+Murray though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter who it takes. Everybody but Kawhi should be fair game. It doesn't matter if you gut the team. Kawhi and Irving are both 25, we would be set for the next decade. You worry about filling the spots around them later.
    Kawhi turned 26 a couple weeks ago, but I agree with everything you said. You make it happen and worry about filling in the rest later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's headed to New York.
    Probably not. NY would want to trade them Melo, and while LeBron would probably be happy, the Cavs would get Lebron leaving next year and Melo shortly thereafter and no young assets. And Melo won't be happy with Cavs if Lebron isn't there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get on the goddamn phone right now RC!!

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This info is weird. He has a freebie to the Finals every year.

Anyway, Spurs can't put together assets for him, and if they do they probably blow enough depth in the process.

Maybe Cavs now get it and will let the Spurs form a Kawhi/Lebron/Kyrie megateam so the NBA ends in like May.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Us and NY need a PG. But the assets we both have are pretty lame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he knows Lebron is gone next summer... so he's trying to jump ship before hits the fan.
    I get that, but that doesn't answer my question. If it's really about being the focal point, this would be one of the teams he definitely wouldn't be.

The focal point thing is just a cover imo. I think Kyrie is sick of Lebron controlling everything and doesn't want to be on a sinking Cleveland ship when Lebron leaves next year.
    Maybe, but he could take another shot with James and then pull this in a year . . . and I suspect that's how this plays out, especially considering the 4 teams supposedly on his list. Only the Heat could maybe pull this off, with something like Dragic, Winslow, Adebayo.

It all comes down to Murray, a Rich Paul guy, who just his diapers in summer league. If Lebron wants him and Danny, we got a shot. Add in a first and it's a compe ive offer.
    No, it isn't. Murray hasn't even proven to be a sure fire NBA player yet, let alone someone who can help James contend next season. That's far and away the number one priority for James; not some agent connection.
    Last edited by TD 21; 07-21-2017 at 03:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does actually get traded, hope the Celtics don't swoop in and steal him.. they have a ton of draft picks over the next 3 years and could dangle IT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This info is weird. He has a freebie to the Finals every year.

Anyway, Spurs can't put together assets for him, and if they do they probably blow enough depth in the process.

Maybe Cavs now get it and will let the Spurs form a Kawhi/Lebron/Kyrie megateam so the NBA ends in like May.
    Our depth is ty D league talent, who cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What really works in the Spurs favor here is that now you have Irving killing his trade value much int he way that LMA did a month ago. That really levels the playing field with regard to getting pennies on the dollar back for LMA. However, it also works against the Spurs that they probably dont' have enough to match a Melo deal if the Knicks want to go in that direction.

I still think its a low probability event, but the Spurs should do everything they can to get a young duo of Irving and Leonard as they both go into their prime years. That's the kind of duo you build championships around.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all comes down to Murray, a Rich Paul guy, who just his diapers in summer league. If Lebron wants him and Danny, we got a shot. Add in a first and it's a compe ive offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling if he goes anywhere it'll be NY.

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont want to get my hopes up but damn spurs make it happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, will Kawhi have fun watching Kyrie go one on five for 50% of the possessions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kyrie's age. SA, if trading LMA for Kyrie, would be shifting their issue from PG to PF and no real means to address the big issue. SA would be so screwed from a big man perspective.

I'd still do it and hope that FA next year can address that issue, but man. Pau, Joff & ???

Have to assume Murray would be in the deal as a young prospect with ties to Lebron - just hoping they don't ask for Danny Green too.
    Aldridge isn't going to play PF this upcoming season anyway.

Thread Information