Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kyrie's age. SA, if trading LMA for Kyrie, would be shifting their issue from PG to PF and no real means to address the big issue. SA would be so screwed from a big man perspective.

I'd still do it and hope that FA next year can address that issue, but man. Pau, Joff & ???

Have to assume Murray would be in the deal as a young prospect with ties to Lebron - just hoping they don't ask for Danny Green too.
    We'd be ed this year but I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, but that doesn't answer my question. If it's really about being the focal point, this would be one of the teams he definitely wouldn't be.
    Or that's just a story or excuse for him to leave and not be the bad guy...

Or him falling on the sword for LeBron..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling if he goes anywhere it'll be NY.
    If he wants to win, why would he honestly go to NY?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, will Kawhi have fun watching Kyrie go one on five for 50% of the possessions?
    I think he'd be somewhat relieved he wouldn't have to do it 75% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is a great player, but him coming here wouldn't be fair to Tony"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, but that doesn't answer my question. If it's really about being the focal point, this would be one of the teams he definitely wouldn't be.

Maybe, but he could take another shot with James and then pull this in a year . . . and I suspect that's how this plays out, especially considering the 4 teams supposedly on his list. Only the Heat could maybe pull this off, with something like Dragic, Winslow, Adebayo.
    I think "being the focal point" is a beard tbh. He just wants out of CLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked that people in this thread think thet the Spurs and Knicks don't have the right assets to make deals here. Of course they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is a great player, but him coming here wouldn't be fair to Tony"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, if the Spurs are able to get Irving I'm ok with pretty much any trade they make even if it sends the team into a rebuild mode for a year or two. Outside of Leonard I would not consider anyone untradable on this team (although I don't think Pop will ever move Tony).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What really works in the Spurs favor here is that now you have Irving killing his trade value much int he way that LMA did a month ago. That really levels the playing field with regard to getting pennies on the dollar back for LMA. However, it also works against the Spurs that they probably dont' have enough to match a Melo deal if the Knicks want to go in that direction.

I still think its a low probability event, but the Spurs should do everything they can to get a young duo of Irving and Leonard as they both go into their prime years. That's the kind of duo you build championships around.
    Carmelo contract is way worse than Aldridge. Why would Cleveland want to lose Irving, probably LeBron and be on the hook for paying Melo $26 million for the next few years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Minnesota just ink Teague to a deal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would drive down to SA, pick up LMA, and drop him off at the airport.
    F that. I think we can cobble up enough money panhandling in front of Whataburger and charter a private jet for Kyrie and LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What really works in the Spurs favor here is that now you have Irving killing his trade value much int he way that LMA did a month ago. That really levels the playing field with regard to getting pennies on the dollar back for LMA. However, it also works against the Spurs that they probably dont' have enough to match a Melo deal if the Knicks want to go in that direction.

I still think its a low probability event, but the Spurs should do everything they can to get a young duo of Irving and Leonard as they both go into their prime years. That's the kind of duo you build championships around.
    Yes, but what hurts us is LMA's performance against GSW versus Kyrie's performance. I mean, Kyrie didn't destroy, but he didn't choke like LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if we get Kyrie then we can get lebron then we can get russ, then we can get KD, then we can get steph, then we can sign lavar to a mega max contract of 10 years 1 billion dollars and give manu a lifetime contract of the US's GDP.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Aldridge isn't going to play PF this upcoming season anyway.
    Getting rid of LMA would mean zero rim protection. I wonder if anyone else noticed how ridiculously bad Cleveland's defense was last year that even Dejounte Murray dominated them last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of LMA would mean zero rim protection. I wonder if anyone else noticed how ridiculous Cleveland's defense was last year that even Dejounte Murray dominated them last year.
    Deal with it this year, next year lots of $$$ to spend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie 25 kawhi 26, damn we could build around them for years! Pipe dream....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone wake up RC! It's still 4 PM in the afternoon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be sweet if it were Mills+Danny+Murray though.
    That's not a bad haul for Cleveland. I realize we would be killing them with thst deal but, if it's one of the 4 teams listed it's hard to see a better offer coming that lets Cleveland compete this year and gives cap flexibility if LeBron walks next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA has to be a front runner with LMA and Murray. MIA doesn't have that much talent or picks. NY has no talent, but Melo is a close friend.

MIN has a lot of stuff but all their FA cant be traded for a while so that has to hamper them some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of LMA would mean zero rim protection. I wonder if anyone else noticed how ridiculously bad Cleveland's defense was last year that even Dejounte Murray dominated them last year.
    Who the cares?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kyrie's age. SA, if trading LMA for Kyrie, would be shifting their issue from PG to PF and no real means to address the big issue. SA would be so screwed from a big man perspective.

I'd still do it and hope that FA next year can address that issue, but man. Pau, Joff & ???

Have to assume Murray would be in the deal as a young prospect with ties to Lebron - just hoping they don't ask for Danny Green too.
    I'd rather run with Gay at the starting PF than Mills at the starting PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but what hurts us is LMA's performance against GSW versus Kyrie's performance. I mean, Kyrie didn't destroy, but he didn't choke like LMA.
    The vast majority of trades in the NBA aren't about equal basketball skill. There's no situation where Cleveland gets back equal value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crash and burn, the ride was fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Mills can be traded for a while either though.

Thread Information