Page 78 of 106 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2630
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read my post?

Mills can't be traded if already signed until January and if he hasn't officially signed then he can't be S&T'd to Cleveland because they would be hard capped because they would be well over the apron of $124 million.
    duuuude you have been SpursforSixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you read my post?

Mills can't be traded if already signed until January and if he hasn't officially signed then he can't be S&T'd to Cleveland because they would be hard capped because they would be well over the apron of $124 million.
    Right. He's the only real tradable asset the Spurs have. Would be nice to get rid of LMA but makes no sense for anyone. Hopefully he puts out good effort this year as he's playing for his next contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green and Murray won't work do to trade rules, Anderson would have to be added to make the money work.

Green
    Murray
    Anderson
    2018 1st round pick

still an underwhelming return tbh. Miami and Phoenix could easily top that deal.
    It could be considered underwhelming but for the Spurs it's not which is why I didn't think they would have offered more than Danny and a player or a pick. If adding other players or picks to the package (to make it fit some CBA rule) doesn't move the needle or makes the return better for CLE then that deal isn't getting done.

It might be the reason we haven't heard the Spurs in the running or improving their odds to land Kyrie. Their best offer was Green (the best plyer they can offer) and he wouldn't get that deal done. I really don't expect Kyrie in the Spurs, but we shall see what happens when Cavs continue to get low balled from their expected return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might have been answered already, but is there any reason why Patty (and Manu) haven't officially signed their contracts?
    I haven't seen that discussed anywhere...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might have been answered already, but is there any reason why Patty (and Manu) haven't officially signed their contracts?
    I believe Patty hasn't signed yet because he's on a Book tour. As for Manu, i'm sure they are letting him enjoy his time off.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Le would never let the spurs get kyrie
    Well if he wants to attempt at trying to ruin the Warriors mojo, trading Kyrie to Spurs is a good start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving will not be traded to the Spurs. The new GM is under tremendous pressure to make the Cavs better with this trade. No one will give them what they want without a contract extension. I fully expect the Cavs to break camp with Irving still in a Cavs uniform just like LMA will still be in a Spurs uniform.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving will not be traded to the Spurs. The new GM is under tremendous pressure to make the Cavs better with this trade. No one will give them what they want without a contract extension. I fully expect the Cavs to break camp with Irving still in a Cavs uniform just like LMA will still be in a Spurs uniform.
    Bron has been the gm for years tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving will not be with the Cavaliers when camp starts. No way. The cavs are just waiting it out to see who can present the best offer. There's no reason to trade him now. He'll be traded right before camp. It's smart for them to wait and see if a blockbuster deal is proposed by some desperate team. If nothing big is ever offered, then they will have to settle for the best available deal. The best hope for the Spurs is to hope that no team will make the blockbuster deal the cavs are seeking. I can't think of any big deals that are truly realistic. Maybe the twolves with Wiggins, a vet and a pick. I doubt that deal will happen. Otherwise, I think the best possible deal for the cavs is Green, Murray, Anderson, and a 1st.

We shall see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f00ee90...ject-cavs.html

Egad. Looks like GMs remember how Irving couldn't do squat before Lebron, and are valuing him that way in terms of what they are willing to trade. But doesn't that not factor in his off court value to a franchise? Or is that off court value also overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving will not be with the Cavaliers when camp starts. No way. The cavs are just waiting it out to see who can present the best offer. There's no reason to trade him now. He'll be traded right before camp. It's smart for them to wait and see if a blockbuster deal is proposed by some desperate team. If nothing big is ever offered, then they will have to settle for the best available deal. The best hope for the Spurs is to hope that no team will make the blockbuster deal the cavs are seeking. I can't think of any big deals that are truly realistic. Maybe the twolves with Wiggins, a vet and a pick. I doubt that deal will happen. Otherwise, I think the best possible deal for the cavs is Green, Murray, Anderson, and a 1st.

We shall see.
    SAGirl would veto that trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f00ee90...ject-cavs.html

Egad. Looks like GMs remember how Irving couldn't do squat before Lebron, and are valuing him that way in terms of what they are willing to trade. But doesn't that not factor in his off court value to a franchise? Or is that off court value also overrated.
    I think the biggest question is can Cleveland afford having Irving show up to camp on the roster? Can they whether the storm of the drama/saga of Irving and James??

That's the dark horse in all of this IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the biggest question is can Cleveland afford having Irving show up to camp on the roster? Can they whether the storm of the drama/saga of Irving and James??

That's the dark horse in all of this IMO
    Agreed. The media tends to blow locker room spats out of proportion. But I can't see why Irving would ask for a trade when he'd have a shot at another NBA finals and more power to dictate where he is traded next year. That makes me think it's not a fixable relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's acting like such a diva I don't see him being traded. He and Lebron will have to fight for the mirror this season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's acting like such a diva I don't see him being traded. He and Lebron will have to fight for the mirror this season..
    Don't see that at all. When your "teammate " shops you around the league like a two dollar , as de facto GM, and you're an All Star starter, you end that relationship. Thats not drama, that's a good healthy reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cavs want more otherwise it would be done

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Cleveland doing any better than that Suns offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Cleveland doing any better than that Suns offer.
    If true, it certainly puts the Spurs out of the running.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, it certainly puts the Spurs out of the running.
    I think they have already made their best offer and it wasn't enough for Cleveland. The Suns offer is a good one. I don't think Cleveland can do better than that unless something unexpected happens.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao Dragan Bender is a 7-foot Hezonja. Just another euro bust, tbh...

Spurs offer of LMA, Green, Murray, + pick would be 2x better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is true, Bledsoe, Bender and a pick is a pretty meh package

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true, Bledsoe, Bender and a pick is a pretty meh package
    It's probably as good as they'll do though. Bledsoe is a far better fit for the team than Aldridge would ever be. Sure they'd love to swap Shumpert for Green + Murray, but not enough to move their one tradeable asset in Irving for a quickly declining malcontent who would be a lousy fit. It's not like Aldridge would help them against Golden State, and that's the only matchup that matters for Cleveland.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree also, I don't know why people think this package is good coming from the Suns. I mean it's decent but the Suns can end up being a team that grabs that 8th spot in the West, effectively making that 1st Rd pick, not as good as many may think. Plus they already have Love and Thomas for size and Bledsoe has a injury history. This package isn't as attractive as many may think.

Thread Information