Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the major media outlets are photoshopping him in a Spurs uni and no one else's. Is there smoke?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that Dan Gilbert isn't a very smart guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the major media outlets are photoshopping him in a Spurs uni and no one else's. Is there smoke?
    Vegas has SA landing Kyrie as the longest odds FWIW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do the Wolves have to offer?

They ain't trading Wiggins and Towns, Teague and Butler can't be traded. No one wants Pekovic. Shabazz is a RFA. Dieng ain't enough.

Cavs have shown interest in Green, you idiots are underestimating LMA's worth (saw some idiot suggest we trade him for Jamychal Green yesterday LOL), and Murray is part of Lebron's crew.

It's like some of you re s already forgot Paul George and Butler were had with peanuts just 3 weeks ago.
    My guess is they're trading Wiggins. He wasn't one of the guys recruiting Irving, they can still pay Shabazz, and Wiggins would be eligible for a trade even after his extension. Wiggins is not a great player, but getting him for six years is not a bad initial rebuilding block.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how Teague must feel.
    Teague can't get traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas has SA landing Kyrie as the longest odds FWIW.
    Post them brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Marks said, he doesn't have a no-trade and is under contract for multiple seasons, so they don't have to kowtow to him.

Why would Aldridge and Murray make Spurs a front runner? Cavaliers' primary focus for the next year, is going to be doing whatever possible to retain James. Aldridge is a poor offensive fit with him and would likely leave in a year and Murray isn't ready to contribute to a team with championship aspirations or a good enough prospect to be the key piece in a trade for a player of this caliber.

Spurs would need to turn Aldridge and Green into quality assets, then re-route those assets, along with Murray and probably a pick, to get in the game.

Even if it were possible, I doubt they have the balls to gut this team at this point or trade Mills (eligible December 15th) when Parker get's back to clear up the PG logjam.

Heat have the balls and of the 4, the best available assets.
    you undervalue LMA and Danny in this trade. the two of them with Lebron is a tremendously good team, a lot better than last season defensively. They can then trade Love for some PG with expereince hopefully but Lebron handles the ball so much that getting someone out to just help at times could be good enough. Murray doesn't move the needle for them, but he is someone who can help their bench and has upside still. I am not saying this is the best package that Cavs can get, but it's also not the worst.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teague can't get traded
    I know. Just saying that he was probably recruited by those same guys and sold on being a big piece as the starting PG. Yet as soon as a prettier girl comes along they want to toss him aside. Those 5 months till December would suck for him big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully RC is awake, sober and taking notes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CLE may not care where Kyrie goes, but other teams that know Kyrie will force his way out if traded there will probably be very cautious offering up a good package.

CLE has him under contract the same as other teams would trading for him and he's getting out.
    This true, Spurs are in the same position with LMA. I don't think LMA or the NBA knows what team would center their offense around him as a primary option. I'd love Kyrie on the Spurs as him and Kawhi would have a solid 7 years together. I just don't think RC is willing to do whatever it takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO wouldn't do that. Too much "continuity and culture " would be lost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will have new owners next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there is any truth in what I heard on the radio that he said he'd like to come to the Spurs. Who knows he might really like tacos al pastor!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not get carried away lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not get carried away lol
    Way too late for that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie isn't even good enough to get a team to the playoffs by himself. To put into comparison, here is his best season compared to those of Gay and Parker:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...keto01&y3=2013

I am not saying that there aren't a lot of deals I would make for Irving, but considering paying him and Kawhi (and best-case DMC) more than $100 Million a season is scary. He is not worth everything.
    Kyrie is a lot younger than those guys were at the time they had those seasons. He's still up and coming like Kiwi was at the same age. (24 in that chart)... I do believe both LMA and Danny were in play for him at some point, but were rejected. Have the Spurs added Dijon as a sweetener? (that is the word of the day apparently). It's possible SA has balked at Cavs demands and here we are. Maybe they proposed either LMA and Danny or LMA and Dijon but not all 3...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Inb4 Cutewizard comes in thinking this is real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for several consecutive posts about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for him to post the ty Youtube highlights of Kyrie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kyrie would've made this known a few weeks earlier maybe the cavs would've got Chris Paul for kyrie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this hack get to talk sports for a living? SMDH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to decide if LMA opting in or opting out is supposed to be the worst thing in the world. I can't keep it straight what I'm supposed to be scared of. No, I'm not keen to trade Green, LMA and the future prospects for Irving. The team will likely not be better next year and they'll either have one more year of Irving (which they may have with LMA anyway), or they'll have more but be paying Irving a new max deal.
    The Spurs are obviously situated to know LMA true feelings. If the disgruntled thing is just noise, then they will agree with you.

However, if LMA is really unhappy and the rumors about his frustrating verbal scuffle with Pop in his exit evaluation are true, the Spurs need to trade him. They already got Rudy Gay to start at the PF anyway and were poised to play a different style. They could acquire a real center through some other means or another trade (Tyson Chandler or someone else). The point is they can find a center somewhere else, who is going to be happy to play as a center and not be gone within a season or be cancerous or showing lack of heart out there bc he's unhappy.

I don't have any personal "sauces" so for me it's unknown but LMA was already in talks to be traded and he seemed to have given indication that he wants out. Here is his out. I doubt you can get a better player than Irving for him (and someone else as "sweetener")

Thread Information