Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only because the stupid FO decided to outbid themselves for Patty Mills. Dumb, irrating ing offseason
    Yes, but look at the bigs out there. I'd rather have Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi packing his bags as we speak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but look at the bigs out there. I'd rather have Gasol.
    Would rather have a life size Shaq cardboard cutout defending the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im ok with this. Im sure its about 8 million a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said 3/24 from the beginning. Logic? He was due 16M for one year, that would get split over 2 then replicated for year 3 as more guaranteed money.

Looks like it could be less than that if the guarantee is small enough (maybe 4M)? I understand it. Pau will only play for 2 years - like I read, seems like the Duncan plan: Spread the money out over 3 years with the partial guarantee. Want to see the numbers for him and Manu though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gets benched during the playoffs, then gets a longer contract in the offseason

PATFO logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did y'all expect when he opted out? Thiw was going to happen the entire time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said 3/24 from the beginning. Logic? He was due 16M for one year, that would get split over 2 then replicated for year 3 as more guaranteed money.

Looks like it could be less than that if the guarantee is small enough (maybe 4M)? I understand it. Pau will only play for 2 years - like I read, seems like the Duncan plan: Spread the money out over 3 years with the partial guarantee. Want to see the numbers for him and Manu though.
    Exactly. This has been obvious AF since the opt out. Once the Spurs signed gay there was no way they were going to be able to do a one year deal for him again although that was probably never even the plan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs should not re-sign him? Then what happens the next time they need a player to opt out? If the Spurs didn't re-sign him, then it would be a black eye that would discourage other players from coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gets benched during the playoffs, then gets a longer contract in the offseason

PATFO logic
    Well he opted out to help, he's getting similar money just spread out. He helped us out, they just reciprocated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs should not re-sign him? Then what happens the next time they need a player to opt out? If the Spurs didn't re-sign him, then it would be a black eye that would discourage other players from coming.
    This, we did the right thing. These are the same morons that think we should trade Tony, it aint gonna happen. The league is not just numbers, you cant screw over players either, or they bail on you and nobody else will come. Kawhi is paying attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he opted out to help, he's getting similar money just spread out. He helped us out, they just reciprocated
    Yeah I knew it was going to happen. Part of me tried to block it out though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, we did the right thing. These are the same morons that think we should trade Tony, it aint gonna happen. The league is not just numbers, you cant screw over players either, or they bail on you and nobody else will come. Kawhi is paying attention.
    You are right about one thing in this post. Kawhi is watching. Watching us re-sign long erm deals to ty players. I bet he is thrilled we have Gasol and Mills locked up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I knew it was going to happen. Part of me tried to block it out though.
    Haha.. yea. I honestly just hope he continues to be a 3 point threat at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that bad. Pau as a bench big was really damn good. Now his annual pay will definitely reflect that and SA is weak on bigs.

The fact he accepted the bench role and opted out and resigned for less annual is a good thing. Especially if SA gets Kyrie.

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better be 3 years for free then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right about one thing in this post. Kawhi is watching. Watching us re-sign long erm deals to ty players. I bet he is thrilled we have Gasol and Mills locked up.
    We have the best GM in the league and you are going to criticize being classy and doing things the right way? Go be a fan of another team if you think we should trade Tony and over Pau. The only issue I have with our offseason is resigning Patty, that was dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pack your bags Kawhi!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that bad. Pau as a bench big was really damn good. Now his annual pay will definitely reflect that and SA is weak on bigs.

The fact he accepted the bench role and opted out and resigned for less annual is a good thing. Especially if SA gets Kyrie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the best GM in the league and you are going to criticize being classy and doing things the right way? Go be a fan of another team if you think we should trade Tony and over Pau. The only issue I have with our offseason is resigning Patty, that was dumb.
    Best GM

Omg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which made Pau opting out useless and ing stupid. Could have signed ty mills for way less and only be on the books for 1 year more of Gasol.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did y'all expect when he opted out? Thiw was going to happen the entire time.
    Yeah, it would be really chicken to renege on the three year offer they dangled to get him to opt out and create more room to go after CP3. Still I'm hoping it's not any worse than 3 years, $30 million.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which made Pau opting out useless and ing stupid. Could have signed ty mills for way less and only be on the books for 1 year more of Gasol.
    We swung and missed on CP3. Cant blame them for trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We swung and missed on CP3. Cant blame them for trying.
    I guess we don't have the best GM then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it would be really chicken to renege on the three year offer they dangled to get him to opt out and create more room to go after CP3. Still I'm hoping it's not any worse than 3 years, $30 million.
    This. Just the thought of anything above $10 mil for any of the years triggers my gag reflex.

Thread Information