Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons was exciting but did not deliver during the regular season. One good series when the steaks were off the table does not make him a must-have. Plus he evidently was going to be a problem child, culture-wise, not worth it.

Only casual spurs fans think this guy would have made a substantial difference in our actual championship chances, which is all that matters. bottom line, he did not improve, he can't shoot, and his efficiency was terrible.

all he brings is a moderately good defensive player who can create/slash.

It's pretty clear the majority of this thread is casuals.

Cousins on the Spurs? Be ing real. Spurs don't get headcases.

Mills isn't a bad contract. He was estimated to get 18mil by Lowe and them before the offseason. He's VERY movable at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish I had more hands, so I give this deal 4 thumbs down
    Classic line

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty clear the majority of this thread is casuals.

Cousins on the Spurs? Be ing real. Spurs don't get headcases.

Mills isn't a bad contract. He was estimated to get 18mil by Lowe and them before the offseason. He's VERY movable at 12.
    Let's be real. He wasn't getting 18M/yr

Superior players like Hill, Rose, Rondo, Collison, Livingston, etc have been ed in this market. PATFO overplayed their hand as per usual, and overpaid for "loyalty" as per usual.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol what a pathetic ing roster we have put together in this arms race. Resigning Manu and Pau over Simmons.
    What did Simmons do? He had a good playoff but is not a solid basketball player. Obviously Pau and Manu are not the future but theyll do while we get the future.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did Simmons do? He had a good playoff but is not a solid basketball player. Obviously Pau and Manu are not the future but theyll do while we get the future.
    Yeah okay. PATFO will continue to let younger pieces go just to accommodate Manure, as per usual. Old is just holding everyone back with his guaranteed 10M+ and playing time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs not serious about fielding a compe ive team and/or are grossly incompetent.
    Unless we see additional moves, this offseason has been a disaster.
    It hasn't been a particularly great off-season, but come on. How spoiled can you be to call this front office incompetent. If you believe that you have some serious issues.

Also you are viewing this in a 1-year lense which is not always how SA views off-seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point center returns.......
    Having a smart, passing big man and two dynamic wing players is a prefect setup for a triangle offence. Let's see if Poop can get over himself to at least try that out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah okay. PATFO will continue to let younger pieces go just to accommodate Manure, as per usual. Old is just holding everyone back with his guaranteed 10M+ and playing time
    For next year alone, Simmons wasnt going to be as helpful as Manu. So since Simmons is not any long term answer, why keep him? I think people look at Simmons and see Stephen Jackson but hes not. Hes not the wild card we always seem to need to put us over the top. For one thing we need our core to develop b4 we get the wild card because wild cards dont stick around long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a smart, passing big man and two dynamic wing players is a prefect setup for a triangle offence. Let's see if Poop can get over himself to at least try that out.
    I would love to see him get more creative... 4 down is so passe. It doesn't fit his younger roster either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For next year alone, Simmons wasnt going to be as helpful as Manu. So since Simmons is not any long term answer, why keep him? I think people look at Simmons and see Stephen Jackson but hes not. Hes not the wild card we always seem to need to put us over the top. For one thing we need our core to develop b4 we get the wild card because wild cards dont stick around long.
    The spurs definite trouble is that outside of Kawhi their stars are underwhelming. LMA didn't perform like a reliable 2 option at least half the season. Asking Manu and Tony to be reliable at this point is too much. You take their 1 good game out of 4 or whatever and be grateful. Roleplayers are that, and the system is not built for them to get them the ball in their spots or anything like that. They will take what is given and some nights will have rhythm and ohters they don't and don't take enough shots or play enough minutes to establish it. ... spurs need a legit 2nd star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs definite trouble is that outside of Kawhi their stars are underwhelming. LMA didn't perform like a reliable 2 option at least half the season. Asking Manu and Tony to be reliable at this point is too much. You take their 1 good game out of 4 or whatever and be grateful. Roleplayers are that, and the system is not built for them to get them the ball in their spots or anything like that. They will take what is given and some nights will have rhythm and ohters they don't and don't take enough shots or play enough minutes to establish it. ... spurs need a legit 2nd star.
    No, the Spurs problem is the Warriors are possibly the most dominant team in NBA history. They were better last year than every other team. Aldridge was solid against Houston. Against the Warriors, it's hard to say much considering two of the top three guard/wing playmakers were out and the defense could key on him.

Spurs aren't blowing their load this year knowing full well there was no move that would bring them closer to GS. They're keeping their cap next offseason clean when cap space will be sparse and good deals will be had (think about all the RFA this year who will be signing QOs). Pau is going to be fine at his contract value and will essentially be an expiring with a small cap hit in 2019-20. Mills will be moveable - this is a league where cancer Reggie Jackson is making 40% more than Mills.

Simmons would have made the team potentially slightly better this year but had the potential to be a bad deal at the dollars he was willing to sign at before everything hit the fan. He can't shoot and was literally only Manu insurance. Brandon Paul cheap for two years is a much better value.

Can you please name a playmaker that was available without gutting the roster? I can't either.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    PATF fluffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the Spurs to bring Simmons back - not because of his performance last season, but in anticipation of his improved performance next season. It was a bit of a gamble to bring him back over Manu. His performance last season wouldn't justify it. Only his performance this coming season will show whether Spurs made the right call. I wish Simmons well, but if he does well, I will regret that it wasn't while wearing the Silver and Black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the Spurs problem is the Warriors are possibly the most dominant team in NBA history. They were better last year than every other team. Aldridge was solid against Houston. Against the Warriors, it's hard to say much considering two of the top three guard/wing playmakers were out and the defense could key on him. Spurs aren't blowing their load this year knowing full well there was no move that would bring them closer to GS. They're keeping their cap next offseason clean when cap space will be sparse and good deals will be had (think about all the RFA this year who will be signing QOs). Pau is going to be fine at his contract value and will essentially be an expiring with a small cap hit in 2019-20. Mills will be moveable - this is a league where cancer Reggie Jackson is making 40% more than Mills. Simmons would have made the team potentially slightly better this year but had the potential to be a bad deal at the dollars he was willing to sign at before everything hit the fan. He can't shoot and was literally only Manu insurance. Brandon Paul cheap for two years is a much better value. Can you please name a playmaker that was available without gutting the roster? I can't either.
    Aldridge was great one game that everyone went off, possibly the best game of Simmons' career too, but when the going was tough, he was nowhere to be found. He has no spine. It's not about GSW or anyone else, it's about the changing of the guard. Obviously LMA is nowhere near as good as Tim was and it takes time to adust to that. Just nowhere near the passer, defensively he's solid but no Tim either, and doesn't appear to have the compe ive fire Tim had. But ok, aside of him the Spurs stars are too old, any day now it's the end for Tony and Manu. Their production needs to be replaced and it hasn't. I am not arguing for JSimms, I wanted him if he was in a moderate cheap deal. I don't think the deal the Magic got him for was bad actually, but if the contract was the same, he'd rather play somewhere else, and I respect that. He wants a better chance at playing time and opportunities for a bigger role. He said he wasn't going to get that in the Spurs, not like he wanted to and PATFO let him go bc they agreed in all likelihood. JSimms is not a star. As a roleplayer those are guys you can more easily subs ute. However, they need a legit star in one of the guard spots IMO. I don't care about the gutting of the roster bc this roster has a tail end past it's expiration date and it's about to fall off any day now. Tony kind of already feel off and we shall see what happens with him, Manu is 40 years old and Lamarcus wants the F out. How can I spell it any more clear? They need to make a move. Spurs organization apparently agrees bc all of LMA, Danny and apparently Dijon have been in trade talks.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a dinasour

Along with the mummy of Manu we make for a great circus round 1 exit team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't blowing their load this year knowing full well there was no move that would bring them closer to GS. They're keeping their cap next offseason clean when cap space will be sparse and good deals will be had (think about all the RFA this year who will be signing QOs). Pau is going to be fine at his contract value and will essentially be an expiring with a small cap hit in 2019-20. Mills will be moveable - this is a league where cancer Reggie Jackson is making 40% more than Mills.
    At either still clinging to this notion that someone is going to salary dump a game changer or insinuating that solid player(s) on a good contract(s) is going to move the needle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me the ty teams the FO assembled for much of the Robinson era. Yesterday's Del Negro is today's Patty Mills.
    Bringing back Gasol and Manu is pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^This. Can't wait to watch Mills brick wide open shots in the WCF next year if the Spurs even make it that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Pau we trust

To bring his brother here, hahaha

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    $?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I saw reported elsewhere was that 3rd year was a partial guarantee. Gotta think he got at least another 2M for doing the deal a solid by opting out. I'm guessing at 27m/3yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf.

Last edited by BatManu20; 07-24-2017 at 04:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST meltdown incoming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I saw reported elsewhere was that 3rd year was a partial guarantee. Gotta think he got at least another 2M for doing the deal a solid by opting out. I'm guessing at 27m/3yrs.
    You're off by only $7mm per year

BAD contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh

Thread Information