My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . KD wanted a ring. End of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. Dude thought he was gonna raise his legacy simply by putting a couple rings on his fingers despite going to a loaded team where he didn't really have to earn them.

Sure, he's a champion now, but no one really counts them. Maybe that tune will change over time, but he will still be remembered as one of the weakest head-cases the game has seen in a long time.

He and Kyrie are going to kill each other after 30 games once he comes back.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread closed down on the second post.

Still the weakest FA move in American pro sports history. Would be like Isiah going to the Lakers in 89.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Punk move.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? SA has historically had the drunkest coaches and front office in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread closed down on the second post.

Still the weakest FA move in American pro sports history. Would be like Isiah going to the Lakers in 89.
    It would be like Hakeem going to the Bulls in '92.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lol. That's why he ed endlessly since he left about how he didnt "fit in with those guys" and had issues with Draymond from day 1 he didnt go there for culture. he went there for easy rings, plain and simple, which is why he bolted as soon as he got them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. That's why he ed endlessly since he left about how he didnt "fit in with those guys" and had issues with Draymond from day 1 he didnt go there for culture. he went there for easy rings, plain and simple, which is why he bolted as soon as he got them
    Agreed. He was desperate to get rings and wanted to do it the easiest way possible.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be like Hakeem going to the Bulls in '92.
    Durant wishes he was Hakeem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. Dude thought he was gonna raise his legacy simply by putting a couple rings on his fingers despite going to a loaded team where he didn't really have to earn them.

Sure, he's a champion now, but no one really counts them. Maybe that tune will change over time, but he will still be remembered as one of the weakest head-cases the game has seen in a long time.

I don't think it will change over time, except for the worse. Typically recency bias is favorable, not negative. KD was dominant in those series and he's a force, and in today's NBA he's almost the perfect weapon (no real M2M defense, tall enough to contest, can't be stopped on offense). When you look at the entire body of work though, he'll be remembered for his time in OKC. That's where he shined and could have done even more without that lower % chucker hogging shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant's reason for joining the team who beat him are transparent. He wanted a ring and that was the easiest way possible.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I don't think I'm going to bother to read this propaganda piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD wanted a ring, sure. I can't blame him for that. But I think the missing part of this story is Russell Westbrook. Russ demonstrated for too many years in a row that he wouldn't stop taking bad shots and wouldn't stop dominating the ball. I think KD just came to the realization that he was never going to win a ring with Russ. After Paul George joined OKC, there were a few Kumbaya moments where Russ's defenders were apt to say "see? Russ's teammates like him!" but given the chance to play with Kawhi, PG jumped at it, for what I imagine were the same reasons that KD left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he got a few rings...he shouldnt be complaining

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though I'm sure Russ can be a nightmare to play with, KD choked massively in that final series of OKC/GS before joining them. He shot like 42/29 splits for the full series and was 10/31 FG 1/8 3 in that disastrous home game 6 where Klay went nuclear. He had an even 106/106 ORtg/DRtg while Russ was actually 109/104 even while shooting >40% from the field. That's just straight pucker factor for someone with KD's size and ability. He couldn't ring until the talent level of his team was completely lopsided.
    Last edited by Gibbz; 04-19-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though I'm sure Russ can be a nightmare to play with, KD choked massively in that final series of OKC/GS before joining them. He shot like 42/29 splits for the full series and was 10/31 FG 1/8 3 in that disastrous home game 6 where Klay went nuclear. He had an even 106/106 ORtg/DRtg while Russ was actually 109/104 even while shooting >40% from the field. That's just straight pucker factor for someone with KD's size and ability. He couldn't ring until the talent level of his team was completely lopsided.
    Yup I remember KD choking hard in game 6. Before he joined the Warriors I felt he was going to be the millennial generation's Karl Malone. Like Malone a guy who can win a lot of regular season games and put up big numbers but will always come short in the big games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, note Durant is now selling his house in Oakland after ditching the Bay Area once things got not easy here

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/ar...hp#dfpAd-dfp-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD was never going to win a le in OKC. He shat the bed every chance he had in every big game. And Russ would also just randomly chuck their way out of important games. If it wasnt for Ibaka playing out of his mind and Harden playing well as a sixth man there, they wouldnt even have had one finals appearance. With 3 "MVPs".

Meanwhile Spurs won it all 4 times with players the league treated like bench guys (Parker, Manu, Bowen)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude rang back to back. Something Duncan wasn’t able to do. He’s already top 10 all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude rang back to back. Something Duncan wasn’t able to do. He’s already top 10 all time
    I'm not sure you can say KD is top ten all-time. Well, you can say whatever you want, but he's not.

And Ducks, this is a dumb thread, even for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I don't think I'm going to bother to read this propaganda piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol even kirby isnt top10, and u want this pos in top10?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol even kirby isnt top10, and u want this pos in top10?
    Kobe is top 5 and when it’s all said and done will be remembered far longer than Jim. Durant already has a top 10 career. There are no holes in it after the Warriors got raped by the Raptors once he went down

Thread Information