My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They should have made it so that when you click on one of the brains, it would pull up that player's bio and stats.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The one without CTE must have been the one punter that was part of the study

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Makes one a little sick to the stomach.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Interesting read. I figure with the advance in sciences and technology, we'll factor in more in-depth studies and a more comprehensive understanding of CTE. As we do for most degenerative diseases and conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Having played 4 seasons of HS football, I can't see how anyone could play pro football with that size/speed combo. It really is a trade off......lots of $$$$$$$$$ early on....and the with what happens later on down the road.

There really isn't much that can actually be done about the violence, that is the game. If someone is real concerned with injury/brain damage.......don't play.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Having played 4 seasons of HS football, I can't see how anyone could play pro football with that size/speed combo. It really is a trade off......lots of $$$$$$$$$ early on....and the with what happens later on down the road.

There really isn't much that can actually be done about the violence, that is the game. If someone is real concerned with injury/brain damage.......don't play.
    Pretty much this. Targeting rules and concussion protocols are nice and all, but it's a simple matter of physics--it's just a violent game

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Then what are you going to do? That's your natural ability. Have to make money off it somehow. You're not going to make as a track star.

Basketball? That means significantly reducing your chances to go pro. There are only 450 NBA players at any given time in the league, while there are 1,696 NFL players at any given time. That's roughly a 4x better chance to make the NFL than the NBA. Think about that one for a second.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Then what are you going to do? That's your natural ability. Have to make money off it somehow. You're not going to make as a track star.

Basketball? That means significantly reducing your chances to go pro. There are only 450 NBA players at any given time in the league, while there are 1,696 NFL players at any given time. That's roughly a 4x better chance to make the NFL than the NBA. Think about that one for a second.
    Just how damn dense are you? IF.....a guy is worried about injury/brain damage then don't play football, that confused you? , your ability, that doesn't matter this is about how a person wants to spend the second half of their life.

I loved football and played in three HS alumni games, I could have been injured, it~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just how damn dense are you? IF.....a guy is worried about injury/brain damage then don't play football, that confused you? , your ability, that doesn't matter this is about how a person wants to spend the second half of their life.

I loved football and played in three HS alumni games, I could have been injured, it~~~~~~~~~~
    better to not be poor

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    better to not be poor
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Better to risk permanent injury and organ/brain damage and be guaranteed top quality medical support and wealth to have an otherwise fun golden years (40+) of your life (unless you're one of the stupid ones who gamble it all away) than to be working various ty jobs (mechanical, janitorial, restaurant, etc) having never been exposed to real money and dying at age 45-50 anyway because of having to work hard longer and for more years than the body is supposed to and you end up wearing your body down and not having adequate insurance to pay to get stuff checked out and fixed. And not having had any real fun due to lack of wealth.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Better to risk permanent injury and organ/brain damage and be guaranteed top quality medical support and wealth to have an otherwise fun golden years (40+) of your life (unless you're one of the stupid ones who gamble it all away) than to be working various ty jobs (mechanical, janitorial, restaurant, etc) having never been exposed to real money and dying at age 45-50 anyway because of having to work hard longer and for more years than the body is supposed to and you end up wearing your body down and not having adequate insurance to pay to get stuff checked out and fixed. And not having had any real fun due to lack of wealth.
    Actually it's more about taking care of family. Now you have the chance to give mom that home, take care of your family.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Actually it's more about taking care of family. Now you have the chance to give mom that home, take care of your family.
    give your sons the money they need to be rich and have money to invest and grow that money with instead of playing football and risking your body to make that money.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Having played 4 seasons of HS football,
    LOL!!!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Are you re ed?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    give your sons the money they need to be rich and have money to invest and grow that money with instead of playing football and risking your body to make that money.
    Nope~~~

Don't people join the military knowing the dangers? Cops? Boxers? Bull riders? MMA? Don't people smoke knowing the dangers?

What kind of life is it....I might get hurt......yep, that would suck.

Sky divers?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    4 seasons of HS football!!! Lol!!!!

You're totally qualified to speak on all things football. I mean, afterall you did make a team that anyone that signs up can make.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    4 seasons of HS football!!! Lol!!!!

You're totally qualified to speak on all things football. I mean, afterall you did make a team that anyone that signs up can make.
    Stupid, you ever heard of ...starters and bench warmers?

Stupid, there is nobody anywhere who knows more about football than Avante. I can talk about players nobody here has ever heard of......trust me~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You;re a Broncos fan, right? Ok guy talk to me about that 250 pound fullback ya had back in the day, come on.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When did retired NFL players start getting top quality support, medical or otherwise, from the NFL?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Stupid, you ever heard of ...starters and bench warmers?

Stupid, there is nobody anywhere who knows more about football than Avante. I can talk about players nobody here has ever heard of......trust me~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You;re a Broncos fan, right? Ok guy talk to me about that 250 pound fullback ya had back in the day, come on.
    I don't know dude, an ex high school football player like yourself....I can't compete with that....oh wait, yes I can....as can any kid that ever signed the permission slip to play football in America ever! Lol!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't know dude, an ex high school football player like yourself....I can't compete with that....oh wait, yes I can....as can any kid that ever signed the permission slip to play football in America ever! Lol!!!
    As you totally ignore my question because you can't talk Broncos football with Avante and know it.

So you are telling me all anyone has to do is play the game and they know the history of it all...right?

Stupid, answer me this....

Who is the fastest player to ever play for your Broncos, he was an Olympic 100m medalist.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    I'm fat and dumb.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Grow up....ok?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    As you totally ignore my question because you can't talk Broncos football with Avante and know it.

So you are telling me all anyone has to do is play the game and they know the history of it all...right?

Stupid, answer me this....

Who is the fastest player to ever play for your Broncos, he was an Olympic 100m medalist.
    First, what does Broncos history have to do with anything?

Second, I'm gonna tell you again, I just can't compete with someone who played four FULL years of high school football! I mean, couple that with your years of rec league flag football and you're a regular Barry Sanders out here!

Thread Information