http://thespun.com/college-football/...to-coach-again

Both of the L.A. franchises have far too much gotry at present to do the right thing and bring in Chucky. Nor would Chucky accept either one, altho he would give the Rams a thought.

Where is the best fit for Gruden? Realistically next year so he can get a complete summer camp in.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He should have come back 2 years ago. Oakland would've taken him.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i think y'all are pretty good with who you've got.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Goodbye Pagano

I don't know.
    Pagano and the new GM purportedly taking active strides to make Indy more physical, shed the soft label.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lts-soft-label

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    He's coming back to Tampa

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Seems more like nostalgia more than anything.

"I don't foresee myself coaching anytime soon," said Gruden, who led the Bucs to a Super Bowl XXXVII victory in 2002 and who will be inducted into the team's Ring of Honor this fall. "But I do like getting as close to the fire as possible.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...coach-not-soon

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Was Gruden really that good? Legitimate question as I did not really follow football that much when he was actually winning in Oakland. When I look at this resume on paper, he seems like the football equivalent of Multiscioscia (another one of OP's favorites IMO).

Both of them won a championship once upon a time ago, haven't done anything since, and seem to get a lifetime pass because of their one le. Gruden's teams weren't anything special his last few seasons in Tampa Bay and he's been out of football for ten years. Just don't see why everybody gets a hard on everytime there's rumors of him coming back

Was Gruden really that good? Legitimate question as I did not really follow football that much when he was actually winning in Oakland. When I look at this resume on paper, he seems like the football equivalent of Multiscioscia (another one of OP's favorites IMO).
    Back to back Superbowl wins with Oakland and Tampa Bay is kind of lifetime worthy.
    Took dysfunctional 4-12 Oakland team directly upward in only 4 years.

Tampa besides the Bowl he got them in two Wildcards. Not sure why thy got punked in both Wildcard games.
    And yes the last couple years Tampa was blah. I know the roster had completely changed since the Bowl.
    Really good with QBs tho. If you watch his show.

Bottom line part of it is since todays NFL coaches are such a joke, Gruden would be in the top 15%.

yes back to back SuperBowl wins.
    I don't recognize the gotry rigged Tuck game with Gisella.

Is he just attention ing or what is up?
    From both the article you posted and the one I posted:
    "Just about every year I talk about coming back to coach," he said. "I'm not in here every day at 4:30 or 4:00 in the morning watching pinball, you know? I'm preparing myself to come back. I am. Every day. I'm preparing to come back."

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Real history is too painful for me, so I like to rewrite it. I'm a got in denial.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Fabbs posts are like Greek epics. Sure, you can take them at face value, but there's always that rich, deeper meaning attached to them that only the most experienced literary connoisseurs are able to appreciate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    well looks like the Raiders organization is going all-in on Gruden... giving him all sorts of power and even ownership stake. sure, it could pay off, but if it goes poorly, it's going to bury the team back to mid 2000's

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yes back to back SuperBowl wins.
    I don't recognize the gotry rigged Tuck game with Gisella.
    The Raider would still have to beat the Steelers at Pittsburgh and the Rams.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    10 years 100 mill, he just signed with the Raiders.

Thread Information