Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between C and F depends on Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a chode. No doubt. I think a d+ or c- is about right though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs find some way to steal Irving a D+ sounds about right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelton, like most of the prominent "stat geeks", is extremely arrogant and criticizing Spurs has become nearly as much in vogue among them as worshipping Warriors.

That said, he's obviously not wrong in this case, but I don't know how he doesn't realize Gay will primarily play PF and neglected to mention that Gasol's third year is a partial guarantee or that Simmons was a net negative player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many years have "pundits" doubted the Spurs and called for their death and it didn't work out?
    Going on 10 years now, eh?

They keep doing it and then keep calling themselves out Mid-season-Late-season saying "You'd think we'd know better by now..."

Eff them and eff all of you. Effing punks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, yes. Never doubt the personnel PATFO brings in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Loading up on protein. Just be glad he didn't complain about lack of rice or sour cream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fair grade, tbh. Why should the Spurs get anything higher when they handed out two terrible contracts to an aging role player and a limited one? When our hopes are riding on Rudy Gay staying healthy, it's not a successful offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And this is suppose to be our 2nd best player. Damn Kawhi you deserve better than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the cavs had a better offseason....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gasol signing really isn't going to affect next free agency. He's essentially an expiring contract after this season b/c only 6 mil is guaranteed in year 3. It would be pretty easy to dump him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a terrible off-season. The Spurs will still be a good team bc of Kawhi but they didn't do enough to improve. Until we see how Rudy is playing and Tony comes back from that injury we don't really know how they will look in April so this is a lot of speculation... but they already relied on too many aging guys and figure now to have them for more years at a premium price. We can't hardly call that a great off-season
    Lol. Would be fine if anderson would be worth more than a wet fart

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D+ was quite generous. Kawhi is wasting the prime years of his career. I think we need new blood in the front office, the hunger just isn't there anymore for PATFO.
    How exactly is this wasting Kawhi's prime years? What moves could the Spurs have made to get them close to the Warriors?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How exactly is this wasting Kawhi's prime years? What moves could the Spurs have made to get them close to the Warriors?
    Trade machine said gasol and lma for lebron worked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only flagrant move was signing that pinche piece of crap Gasol to kill cap space for next summer.

Everything else I'm not sad about because it wouldn't bring them closer to knocking off GS. I think Mills is a great locker guy and the Spurs rewarded his loyalty from the last contract. Manu also is a vital glue guy.

I like the potential of White and Paul, plus Forbes may break out. I mean if Jon Simmons came out of no where I think these others could too.

Not saying that they absolutely won't beat GS but it's a long shot. I'm all for enjoying 17-18 as a Leonard MVP type season and expecting the following season as a real challenge to GS.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Spurs will be rebuilding in two years so it's moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team was quite good last season . It's so silly that people think we had this horrible off season because we didn't get any big named players.

A simple change in philosophy could be enough to see significant improvement (i.e. small ball)
    While that is true, he's not really saying SA will be a bad team. He's saying they had a bad off season.

From what he mentioned hes correct right now. SA didn't improve, but they got more expensive and they didn't truly address any needs (PG in particular which is an even bigger hole without TP now) while also bringing on money that eats away at future cap space.

Spurs can still be good. They also had a pretty poor off season on paper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many depressed cry baby pussies in this thread because we didn't sign Lebron James, we paid Gasol and Mills (key contributors) more than minimum wage, and we didn't keep Simmons (who wanted way too much money).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While that is true, he's not really saying SA will be a bad team. He's saying they had a bad off season.
    How hard is this for you morons whining to understand? Maybe the Spurs will still be great...But they didn't have a good off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These grades by a bunch of know-it all fux don't mean jack...half these guys never bounced a basketball in their lives.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gasol contract is just dumb. Everyone's going to opt in next summer and the Spurs are going to be completely screwed for the next two years.

And just look at this ty lineup the front office has put together for next season It's basically kawhi, an uninterested LMA, and a lot of spare parts that wouldn't be getting much playing time on good teams.

And none of this is by design. They just ed up. It's obviously the Spurs were expecting to use the space provided by gasol opting out, or else they wouldn't have had him opt out.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drunkford needs to disappear. Let him get behind the wheel.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Its all about the Warriors or nothing. I still say we come in second. I think we have to believe that LMA is going to have a bounce back year. If Gay turns out to be a good move, we're in business.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team will be fine; let things materialize before going full emotional wreck👍🏾😉 a healthy productive RudyGay is worth a B or B+ in my opinion. Maybe Brandon Paul surprises us....... Spurs usually don't jump out there giving away guaranteed money to unknown comodities.

Thread Information