Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall warning everyone here that the Spurs weren't going to make a big move. They are in cruise control now, post TD era, LMA being a borderline bust as far as expectations goes. GS is on a tear, no reason to push all in just to face those ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf? We had 4/5 of a team in the wcf. Tonys injury sealed the deal for the warriors. There was no major overhaul sa could have or should have made this season. Happens every year. Whiny es like you cry about the off season, then spurs are better than you thought. This is a reload. Wcf is happening this year as long as spurs are healthy. Book it
    It wasn't about vaulting over the Warriors, it was about not getting worse, dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention we failed to deal the cancer that doesn't wanna be here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AND got rid of our best defensive big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston maybe. A Spurs/Rockets round 2 rematch is likely. But while OC has gotten a lot better, there was a huge chasm between them and the Spurs last year. I don't think they've gotten enough better to make them favorites over the Spurs.
    Yea me either. OKC ain't there yet. Houston will likely be better , but playing a team in their first year together like that is always the best time to play em. Especially in the playoffs..

Also, them being a D'Antoni coached team helps us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will be slightly worse and even more boring but will win a lot of games. I like Gasol but hate the deal....just stupid. Old team with bad young players.
    Last edited by DrSteffo; 08-04-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no one has signed yet, right? So Spurs not done yet.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no one has signed yet, right? So Spurs not done yet.
    They officially signed 12:01 today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State of Mind with a common opinion on the Spurs:
    https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...onard#comments

Too long to repost entirely, but the conclusion is:

After this offseason, the Spurs are only going to be older next season, and likely worse on defense. And even worse, they’ve compromised their cap flexibility in future seasons. They won’t be able to sign a lucrative free agent next summer unless they move major pieces, and don’t have a clear direction for their team’s future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't about vaulting over the Warriors, it was about not getting worse, dumbass.
    Dude, youre such a whiny princess. Dumb too. Spurs didnt get worse, they traded simmons for gay. Improvement. They lost Lee, which will hurt, then they lost their gangliest, stonehanded center. So what? This is a reload simpleton.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State of Mind with a common opinion on the Spurs:
    https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...onard#comments

Re-signing Patty Mills on a four-year, $50 million contract isn’t bad value. Tony Parker, who’s being paid north of $15 million this year, is on the last year of his deal. He’s also a below-average starting point guard who is aging quickly and currently injured. This move signals that the Spurs are ready to make Mills their starting point guard of the future — at least for now.
    But Mills is going to turn 29 before the season begins. He, too, is a below-average starting point guard and was practically invisible against the Warriors in all facets of the game. He’s neither a great defender nor shot creator. Do the Spurs really want to build a contender around him?

Meanwhile, re-signing Pau Gasol for three years, $48 million (with the last year partially guaranteed), was one of the worst moves of the summer league-wide. Pau Gasol opted out of his $16 million contract this season, hoping to return to the Spurs on a longer deal. But nobody expected his new longer contract to have the same per-year salary as his old one.

This move frankly makes little sense. Gasol may have had a storied career, but he’s 37, immobile defensively and a poor fit with LaMarcus Aldridge. He was in and out of the starting lineup last year. Paying him big money over three years significantly reduces their ability to bring in free agents in the future.

Add the losses of Jonathon Simmons and Dewayne Dedmon — younger players with athleticism and defensive potential — and the Spurs will likely be older and worse on the defensive end next season. Rudy Gay, their most significant signing, is already 30 and coming off an Achilles injury — one of the most debilitating injuries in basketball. Most known for his isolation scoring, he’s an odd fit for the Spurs’ methodical system.
    Aldridge, who signed in San Antonio to be a focal point of the Spurs offense, has disappointed, disappearing in key games and rarely making an impact on defense. He’s 32 and likely won’t be improving.Danny Green, maybe the Spurs’ second-most important player, has been in an offensive slump for two years, and he is already 30.

After this offseason, the Spurs are only going to be older next season, and likely worse on defense. And even worse, they’ve compromised their cap flexibility in future seasons. They won’t be able to sign a lucrative free agent next summer unless they move major pieces, and don’t have a clear direction for their team’s future.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building a contender around Patty Mills? WTF? Golden Shower of Mind w/ the same talent-evaluation-mind as Pounding the . Gotta be an SBNation thing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be fine. Back-to-back trips to the WCF incoming, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, youre such a whiny princess. Dumb too. Spurs didnt get worse, they traded simmons for gay. Improvement. They lost Lee, which will hurt, then they lost their gangliest, stonehanded center. So what? This is a reload simpleton.
    Says the guy whining about someone else's so-called whining. But, yeah, go on and tell me how a 30 year old coming off an achilles injury, losing just about the entire rotation of bigs, then staking the rest on the internal improvement of a 6'10 chucker who can't rebound, a waste of space nicknamed "Slowmo" who's afraid to shoot, and a kid who can't even produce in summer league is "reloading".

Literally everyone here thinks you're one of the forum's village idiots and you continue to prove so time and time again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building a contender around Patty Mills? WTF? Golden Shower of Mind w/ the same talent-evaluation-mind as Pounding the . Gotta be an SBNation thing.
    Not the best phrasing they could come up with but after they signed Mills for 4 more seasons one has to consider him part of some younger generation Spurs core. I don't know how else to think of a guy signed for 4 seasons when most FA that weren't max players didn't get signed for over 3, some guys with that 3 rd season only partially guaranteed at that oR with some kind of team option.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy whining about someone else's so-called whining. But, yeah, go on and tell me how a 30 year old coming off an achilles injury, losing just about the entire rotation of bigs, then staking the rest on the internal improvement of a 6'10 chucker who can't rebound, a waste of space nicknamed "Slowmo" who's afraid to shoot, and a kid who can't even produce in summer league is "reloading".

Literally everyone here thinks you're one of the forum's village idiots and you continue to prove so time and time again.
    At first I really didnt think you were serious, now i realize you are just dumb... spurs got better giving up simmons for gay. Thats a fact.

Losing lee is probably the most difficult piece spurs didnt fill, but they acquired a higher ceiling player in their french big that what they had with dedmon or lee. Dedmon was this years equivalent of boban.

Spurs didnt get worse. Carry on with your crying. And it says a lot if the village idiot thinks youre dumb.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    D+ was quite generous. Kawhi is wasting the prime years of his career. I think we need new blood in the front office, the hunger just isn't there anymore for PATFO.
    Doc Rivers is available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are thinking playoffs, they aren't thinking championship. Contrary to what some fans believe, not every team has championship aspirations every season, and in fact not even every playoff team does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not wrong, but I'm still not worried. Spurs took a swing at a big pickup (which everyone wanted them to do), and missed. So in classic Spurs fashion, they re-tooled and will gear up for next season.

The Pau deal is a bit of a head scratcher, but it's not the worst contract ever for a serviceable big man, and especially in Tdays NBA. I'm excited to see how Gay fits into the puzzle. Still counting on the Spurs to be in the mix come May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not wrong, but I'm still not worried. Spurs took a swing at a big pickup (which everyone wanted them to do), and missed. So in classic Spurs fashion, they re-tooled and will gear up for next season.

The Pau deal is a bit of a head scratcher, but it's not the worst contract ever for a serviceable big man, and especially in Tdays NBA. I'm excited to see how Gay fits into the puzzle. Still counting on the Spurs to be in the mix come May.
    Rudy will fit nice and well. It's how much of his game the injury robbed from him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy will fit nice and well. It's how much of his game the injury robbed from him.
    Still an upgrade over simmons who, like green, cannot dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still an upgrade over simmons who, like green, cannot dribble.
    An upgrade if he stay healthy. Yes, I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D+ was quite generous. Kawhi is wasting the prime years of his career. I think we need new blood in the front office, the hunger just isn't there anymore for PATFO.
    At least it's not at 90s Robinson levels of waste, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what will determine how our, much maligned, off-season really went. I'm stoked to have him especially if he's out there with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' Lauvergne says Popovich was the only coach who dialed his number

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/co...led-his-number

Crofl

Thread Information