Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what will determine how our, much maligned, off-season really went. I'm stoked to have him especially if he's out there with Kawhi.
    I disagree. There are a lot of factors here. How good do parker and gay come back from injury, will kyle and bryn contribute, gasol and lma in shape... its more than just one guy

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' Lauvergne says Popovich was the only coach who dialed his number

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/co...led-his-number

Crofl
    He needs to thank Tony then.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. There are a lot of factors here. How good do parker and gay come back from injury, will kyle and bryn contribute, gasol and lma in shape... its more than just one guy
    Totally. Right now we're talking about one ing guy to save us in the superior conference. If Gay turns out good, great. Will LMA have an at ude adjustment and take on that mantel of #2 seriously? Will we have a bench worth a with an aging Manu and no Lee?

Sounds like were ed but if theres improvement in LMA's offense, and Gay turns out to be a good pick, combined with Kawhi, thatll have a multipying effect on other and well be in business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree many factors will go into how well do this season, just saying the Rudy Gay signing was the biggest move we made in the off-season. If he can play, which the rehab has sounded solid, it will be more significant than many have given credit to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally. Right now we're talking about one ing guy to save us in the superior conference. If Gay turns out good, great. Will LMA have an at ude adjustment and take on that mantel of #2 seriously? Will we have a bench worth a with an aging Manu and no Lee?

Sounds like were ed but if theres improvement in LMA's offense, and Gay turns out to be a good pick, combined with Kawhi, thatll have a multipying effect on other and well be in business.
    It's a contract year for LMA so he will be playing with all he's got. I think Gay is going to help and I hope to see him out there with Kawhi and LMA. With Lee and Dedmon gone LMA is going to have to kick it into another gear and will surely be playing the 5 much more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a contract year for LMA so he will be playing with all he's got. I think Gay is going to help and I hope to see him out there with Kawhi and LMA. With Lee and Dedmon gone LMA is going to have to kick it into another gear and will surely be playing the 5 much more.
    Hope lma balls out then spurs sign high and trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fear is that Kawhi is going to have to shoulder even a bigger load then last year because the FO left him out to dry. You didn't give him help, you gave him hope and prayers. That is all this offseason amounts to. We hope that the players we acquired can help our team? I am no front office executive and I don't play one on TV but even I know that when there is sure talent out there and you know what they are, you go get it and bring it in, you don't make moves and hope they pan out? What the , anybody could do that, you don't need to be a FO executive to do that. Management is getting paid to make a winning team and while we may win our fair share of games this season, I wonder about all the games we will lose simply because there is a significant difference of talent on the court. Kawhi is a beast, don't get me wrong, but you can't ask more of him than what his main responsibilities are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fear is that Kawhi is going to have to shoulder even a bigger load then last year because the FO left him out to dry. You didn't give him help, you gave him hope and prayers. That is all this offseason amounts to. We hope that the players we acquired can help our team? I am no front office executive and I don't play one on TV but even I know that when there is sure talent out there and you know what they are, you go get it and bring it in, you don't make moves and hope they pan out? What the , anybody could do that, you don't need to be a FO executive to do that. Management is getting paid to make a winning team and while we may win our fair share of games this season, I wonder about all the games we will lose simply because there is a significant difference of talent on the court. Kawhi is a beast, don't get me wrong, but you can't ask more of him than what his main responsibilities are.
    If kl is the stud we think he is, he will have no problem carrying sa. Thats his job

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope lma balls out then spurs sign high and trade
    Then of course we'll want to keep him. Depends on how he "balls out" (snicker). Does he do it within the team concept and we have success or does he do it for himself? Pops wont let him freelance so if he does well we'll want to keep him. We made our bed....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame that the spurs will waste Kawhi's prime with washed up vets they want to keep on the team. If they don't get another star next to him, he will never have the chance to compete for another championship. Warriors are going to dominate for a long time and the Spurs can't even challenge them with the roster that they have. Kawhi has the worst supporting cast.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie Irving -> Celtics
    Chris Paul -> Rockets
    Paul George -> Thunder
    Jimmy Butler -> Timberwolves
    Gordon Hayward -> Celtics
    Isaiah Thomas -> Cavs
    Paul Millsap -> Nuggets

Brandon Paul -> Spurs

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think people realize just how bad Buford ed our cap next offseason with those $98M combined contracts to Gasol and Mills.

Aldridge isn't opting out of an easy 23M, Parker and Green will both be brought back next offseason and they're not earning less than Patty (12.5M/yr)

Kawhi better start trading in those wingstop coupons for a first class ticket to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think people realize just how bad Buford ed our cap next offseason with those $98M combined contracts to Gasol and Mills.

Aldridge isn't opting out of an easy 23M, Parker and Green will both be brought back next offseason and they're not earning less than Patty (12.5M/yr)

Kawhi better start trading in those wingstop coupons for a first class ticket to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie Irving -> Celtics
    Chris Paul -> Rockets
    Paul George -> Thunder
    Isaiah Thomas -> Cavs
    Paul Millsap -> Nuggets
    The only one of those I think was really a whiff is Jimmy Butler, given the crap he was traded for. The rest aren't worth it or the Spurs could never get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is the culture over everything!

Also, don't forget Manu's annual 'will he or won't he' hostage situation he puts this team through each year. The sad part about that is that Manu ends up being the best signing over most anything they bring in or look at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie Irving -> Celtics
    Chris Paul -> Rockets
    Paul George -> Thunder
    Isaiah Thomas -> Cavs
    Paul Millsap -> Nuggets

Brandon Paul -> Spurs
    rack it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only one of those I think was really a whiff is Jimmy Butler, given the crap he was traded for. The rest aren't worth it or the Spurs could never get.
    True, but in that case we didn't have to massively overpay for
    Gasol
    Mills
    No attempts to talk / coerce Porker into retirement or trading his expiring.

Thread Information