Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA Today lists KL at 4th overall

SI lists him at 6th overall

ESPN has him at 6th overall

All three of these have KD at 2nd overall.

These pundits have Curry and CP3 over Kawhi.

Must be a lot of re ed pundits. If they were only homers they'd see the light.
    Ironic how these players probably have more endorsements and jersey sales. Lol at you for using media subjectivity as fact. No need to respond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironic how these players probably have more endorsements and jersey sales. Lol at you for using media subjectivity as fact. No need to respond
    Westbrook and Irving are ahead of KL in jersey sales, but not in the rankings. Steph is number 1 in jersey sales, but 3rd on most rankings.

Great logic, you really worked that one out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put him at 6th, but the best I found was 4th. I rank him 3rd which is obviously generous considering. Saying he's 2nd best is just homerism, and fiercely proud of it too...
    What any of the pundits say and five bucks will get you a cup of coffee. I wouldn't exactly call Michael Jordan a homer though.

I believe he said this because of the MVP race where only Westbrook and Harden came into the discussion. All that being said, if you play for the Spurs your numbers will suffer because Pop doesn't care about individual accolades at the cost of winning and health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What any of the pundits say and five bucks will get you a cup of coffee. I wouldn't exactly call Michael Jordan a homer though.
    Pundits are pundits. We cite rankings from the same pundits, All NBA team votes from the same pundits.. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Mike qualified with "two way". The argument here is about best player in the game. Mike also picks Kobe over Lebron. Mike's comments are often self-serving.
    I believe he said this because of the MVP race where only Westbrook and Harden came into the discussion. All that being said, if you play for the Spurs your numbers will suffer because Pop doesn't care about individual accolades at the cost of winning and health.
    Mike said it because someone asked if Kawhi could score on Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pundits are pundits. We cite rankings from the same pundits, All NBA team votes from the same pundits.. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Mike qualified with "two way". The argument here is about best player in the game. Mike also picks Kobe over Lebron. Mike's comments are often self-serving.

I'm with you in the "pundits are pundits" and certainly like it when they speak highly of my guys. Thanks for clarifying why he made that statement in the first place. It's just a personal thing with me, but distenquishing between 'best' and 'best two-way' player is something I find strange in a game like basketball. Although I certainly understand how being good on either side of the ball is not mutually exclusive. It just seem like 'pundits' and people voting on things like MVP should consider both.

Also get the "cannot have your cake and eat it too" concept. I like to say 'I don't care about what critics say......unless of course they are saying wonderful things about whatever I'm interested in.'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook and Irving are ahead of KL in jersey sales, but not in the rankings. Steph is number 1 in jersey sales, but 3rd on most rankings.

Great logic, you really worked that one out.
    Youre just not all there, are you..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you in the "pundits are pundits" and certainly like it when they speak highly of my guys. Thanks for clarifying why he made that statement in the first place. It's just a personal thing with me, but distenquishing between 'best' and 'best two-way' player is something I find strange in a game like basketball. Although I certainly understand how being good on either side of the ball is not mutually exclusive. It just seem like 'pundits' and people voting on things like MVP should consider both.

Also get the "cannot have your cake and eat it too" concept. I like to say 'I don't care about what critics say......unless of course they are saying wonderful things about whatever I'm interested in.'
    It is strange, but it's as much a slight on the one way player as it is on the two way player. Given the choice, I'd take the latter as a compliment and the former as "lacking". The one way player has to be so good at the one thing they do well that they influence the game even more than the two way player. I guess it's like a QB who can run as well. Most great QBs couldn't run for , but they were so good at passing and running the offense that they weren't considered deficient for not being great running QBs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre just not all there, are you..?
    You try too hard with your ty troll schtick, Thomas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You try too hard with your ty troll schtick, Thomas.
    Says the guy who mimicks what the media says...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one way player has to be so good at the one thing they do well that they influence the game even more than the two way player.
    Yep, like Bruce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who mimicks what the media says...
    I cite, I don't mimic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And he picked kobe because of other aspects that made him great, which obviously, and again, you get influenced by current media hype. Fail all around jim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he picked kobe because of other aspects that made him great, which obviously, and again, you get influenced by current media hype. Fail all around jim
    Current media hype?

Show me where KL was ranked higher in years past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that list was months ago.. The new list will be released close to the start of the season and I'm very sure that he will be no lower than 4 on every list.
    Agree. The list was made BEFORE last season started but we can't let facts ruin dishonest takes. Why should someone mention these aren't current rankings? After all, it's not like Kawhi had an amazing, MVP-caliber season in 2016-17, to ascend on that list...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-08-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current media hype?

Kevin durant.... its okay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current media hype?

After the 2016/2017 season he should be ranked no lower than 3rd on anyone's list. If he's ranked lower than that, it's an invalid list.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the 2016/2017 season he should be ranked no lower than 3rd on anyone's list. If he's ranked lower than that, it's an invalid list.
    ^this tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is where I rank him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin durant.... its okay.
    KD was ranked 2nd in the NBA by SI in 2016

KL was 10th.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD was ranked 2nd in the NBA by SI in 2016

KL was 10th.
    And those were both false. Thanks for proving the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And those were both false. Thanks for proving the point.
    Get your pom poms and go sit in the corner. We're talking basketball up in here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So experts are re ed because they disagree with laymen?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Calls Kawhi "Best 2-Way Player in the Game"
    I agree w/ MJ and OP. 2nd best player at worst tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So experts are re ed because they disagree with laymen?
    Youre an idiot if you think media qualify as experts. Too dumb for your own good tbh

Thread Information