Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    DeAndre Hopkins: Tom Savage should be Texans' QB

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- Nothing against rookie first-rounder DeShaun Watson, but when it comes to the Houston Texans' quarterback compe ion, the team's top wide receiver is Team Tom Savage.

"If anybody should be a judge of quarterbacks, I've played with the most quarterbacks in NFL history throughout my first four years," DeAndre Hopkins said after practice Friday. "So I put the stamp on Savage, and I think that's all that needs to be said about that."

Savage is the in bent, having spent three years with the Texans and starting two games for them last season due to the struggles of Brock Osweiler. Watson, a national champion at Clemson for whom the Texans moved up in the first round this April to draft, may be the more exciting prospect, but Hopkins is a believer that the Texans can win with the guy who was already here.

"I've played with at least 10 quarterbacks," Hopkins said. "So because of what [Savage] does well and what he can do for this team, I know he can help us win what we want to win. He does everything well. He's a student of the game, from just being on the bench, watching and learning from other people's mistakes, seeing what they've done wrong. He can put the ball in any place. He has a strong arm. He has a knowledge of this offense. He's been in this offense his whole career."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ston-texans-qb

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hopkins has been catching passes from Matt Schaub and Ryan Fitzpatrick all his career, he had no clue what good quarterbacking is anymore. Also, most WRs could care less about winning, they just care about touches. If Mark Sanchez was committed to throwing him 10+ passes a game, Hopkins would be on his knees eating ButtFumble's ass as we speak.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Like I said in the team thread, I think he will surprise people. He'll never be elite, but he has had the time to really learn the game at the pro level and he has the arm talent to make all the throws. The offense doesn't need to score 35 per game and run up 500 yds per game. They just need something like 21/33 250yds 2TDs and the defense and run game will take care of the rest.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Hopkins has been catching passes from Matt Schaub and Ryan Fitzpatrick all his career, he had no clue what good quarterbacking is anymore. Also, most WRs could care less about winning, they just care about touches. If Mark Sanchez was committed to throwing him 10+ passes a game, Hopkins would be on his knees eating ButtFumble's ass as we speak.
    Yeah a lot of this is PR by Hopkins, but all reports out of camp have Savage showing good command of the offense. At the least, I just want to get one good year out of him so Watson can learn from the bench instead of being tossed in the fire. He's not close to ready.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    rofl assweiler

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah a lot of this is PR by Hopkins, but all reports out of camp have Savage showing good command of the offense. At the least, I just want to get one good year out of him so Watson can learn from the bench instead of being tossed in the fire. He's not close to ready.
    and he'll be good for one year, and mediocre the rest of his career, cause reasons

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    and he'll be good for one year, and mediocre the rest of his career, cause reasons
    You are right on the money about Dak.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I said this...

Kirk Cousins will end up the Redskins QB, not RGIII.

That was before either had taken an NFL snap.

Pay attention....

Tom Savage wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Dak Prescott and will be on the bench before the season is over.......bank it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You are right on the money about Dak.
    Honestly, Hou was gonna be my side piece for the next five years, then they went and did the same ing thing as the cowboys.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I remember talking about Russell Wilson being ranked by the other players as the 17th best player in the league. Here come CN....what do players know?

Now he's .......hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think he'll get like 11 td 24 int or something like that

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is going to be fun constantly bumping this stupid thread back to the top this season, especially when....THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD...is riding the bench.

Post Count
    This is going to be fun constantly bumping this stupid thread back to the top this season, especially when....THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD...is riding the bench.
    You have a very sad idea of "fun," fatty.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You have a very sad idea of "fun," fatty.
    As if you don't jump the minute somebody says something wrong/stupid, right?

Dude, ya ran your ing mouth like the idiot ya are, this it will be fun poking at ya while.............THE BEST QB IN TEXAS....is hauling a clipboard around.

Dummy, do you really think Savage is better than Prescott.....really? Come on guy, hahaha~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 08-27-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Remember when OP said that Kellen "just got replaced by Cooper Rush" Moore was the best QB on the Cowboys roster?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why do I keep hearing.....how many games before THE BEST QB IN TEXAS is riding the bench?

Clipper Nation once again......EL DUHO~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Because of Hurricaine Harvey and it is only week one I'm not going to play what you rookies play, that being over react to everything like a know nothing. So let's give ....THE BEST QB IN TEXAS...a little more time. BUT......he will be sitting on the bench by turkeyday, ya see he isn't any good. CN not knowing about football can't figure this out.

While here...

How'd my boy Tarik Cohen do in his debate? Cat was incredible at the HBCU level while at NCA&T.

Here ya go rookies, learn something.

J.D.Smith (Niner) out of NCA&T back in the 50's was the first NFL 1000 yard rusher out of an HBCU school.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-11-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Something tells me we won't be seeing much of CN in this thread, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    hey Avante... I was the one that said, all across many message boards, that Houston would be around 3-13 this year... nobody, NOBODY believed me. Houston is just so bad. It's like 2013 all over again. Thing is, the Colts and Texans play each other twice, and, believe it or not... SOMEONE has to get a win... so I'll give them a split. If Andrew Luck doesn't come back and make an impact...

1) ans 8-8, +/- 1 game
    2) Jaguars 7-9, +/- 1 game
    3) Colts 4-12, +/- 1 game
    4) Texans 3-13, +/- 1 game

Texans are BAD.

Last year I said the Chargers were going to be 5-11... IN the official Chargers thread... CN and others laughed at me, said they had just way too much talent for that, but look what happened?

Post Count
    I just went back and looked and the only person who mocked your prediction was No Lyfe got. Then you followed it up by predicting that the Panthers would go 12-4

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    hey Avante... I was the one that said, all across many message boards, that Houston would be around 3-13 this year... nobody, NOBODY believed me.

You're wanting validation from a fat ol that has been do ented on this board with losing around $7k.

Lol.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just went back and looked and the only person who mocked your prediction was No Lyfe got. Then you followed it up by predicting that the Panthers would go 12-4
    that was kind of bad, but it was still lower than the previous year so it looked alright at the time. Should have known better and that Newton is only good on odd years.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're wanting validation from a fat ol that has been do ented on this board with losing around $7k.

Lol.
    Eagles looked very good the other day outside of a couple dumb throws to the flat. That pass rush. 11-5

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here I was knowing better than to over react like the rookies do, but.............it's pretty obvious already that THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD is sitting on a bench yep....just like Avante said he would. I do confess I diidn't see it coming this soon.

CN you a 100% idiot.

And, the game now needs a QB who can escape a pass rush and extend plays. Only a dummy like CN can't figue this out.

Thread Information