Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce spent a bit of time in France in July and I had missed one of his interview that I just read today.

Interviewer: Do you consider Manu Ginobili foul on Nowitzki is the toughest moment of your career ?

Bruce: It still hurts... When Pop asked for a time out, we are 3 points ahead IIRC, Pop insists to not foul Dirk in the post. I defend him and as expected he goes to the rim and then I see Manu arriving. You know like in the movies in slow motion, I think to myself he is not going to foul him but referee blows the whistle... and one. Oh well you know, it's Ginobili, he wanted the glory too in those moments... ...

"Mais bon, c’est Ginobili, il voulait aussi la gloire dans ces moments-là"

A question later this quote about Parker: "I often use Parker as an example because he has been drafted late and look at what he became. He was good obviously but he became stronger working (his ass off)"

And yet here on ST... the narrative is opposite... Parker is the selfish dude and Ginobili the unselfish working hard dude I wonder why tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet Bruce is being misinterpreted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet Bruce is being misinterpreted.
    I bet not, Bruce speaks quite well French

there is no misinterpretation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then he is an asshole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker fans trying to make Manu look like selfish.
    Manu always want glory but for the TEAM.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP interpreting what Bowen said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker fans trying to make Manu look like selfish.
    Manu always want glory but for the TEAM.
    OP interpreting what Bowen said
    Mexicans playing the white knights as usual
    shooting the messenger
    Bruce Parker fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet not, Bruce speaks quite well French

there is no misinterpretation
    Bull . No matter how well he speaks French, he's going to choose the wrong word from time to time and not understand the nuance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Manu over porker any day of the week, 24/7, 365.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really depends on how he said it. If he said it with a stern look on his face, or if he was smiling or laughing... makes a big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Manu over porker any day of the week, 24/7, 365.
    Well duh. In their prime, Manu could do 95% of the things Parker could do. Plus he could shoot the 3, pass, and play good D.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce spent a bit of time in France in July and I had missed one of his interview that I just read today.

Interviewer: Do you consider Manu Ginobili foul on Nowitzki is the toughest moment of your career ?

Bruce: It still hurts... When Pop asked for a time out, we are 3 points ahead IIRC, Pop insists to not foul Dirk in the post. I defend him and as expected he goes to the rim and then I see Manu arriving. You know like in the movies in slow motion, I think to myself he is not going to foul him but referee blows the whistle... and one. Oh well you know, it's Ginobili, he wanted the glory too in those moments... ...

[FONT="]"[/FONT][FONT="]Mais bon, c’est Ginobili, il voulait aussi la gloire dans ces moments-là"[/FONT]

A question later this quote about Parker: "I often use Parker as an example because he has been drafted late and look at what he became. He was good obviously but he became stronger working (his ass off)"

And yet here on ST... the narrative is opposite... Parker is the selfish dude and Ginobili the unselfish working hard dude I wonder why tbh...

The narrative that Parker is "selfish" comes from egregious examples that cannot be swept under the rug.

1) As a point guard Parker's usage rate is high - so it comes with the territory to hog the ball. This fact only lends itself to perception one way or the other.

2) Manu relinquished a starting gig for the sake of the team - pretty much for the entirety of his career. Parker has always been a starter and stated how important playing time is for him.

3) Parker selfishly adulterated with Brent Barry's wife despite the fact that he would break two households for it. This is selfish no matter how you slice it.

4) Parker begrudgingly told Miami to quit leaving Danny open, because he was stealing all the glory in the 2013 Finals. Last three games Miami adjusted and Danny was neutralized.

5) Where is that GIF of Parker upset at Danny for making a game tying 3 pointer while Parker was benched. There is no equivalent GIF of Ginobili behaving that way against his teammates.

Anyways LOL for failing to understand Bruce Bowen's facetious nature. LOL at thinking he is making a serious accusation of some sort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reckless play is not about helping the team win, it's about self-aggrandizement. That's Manu's MO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing biased about the reading of those examples. Nothing at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reckless play is not about helping the team win, it's about self-aggrandizement. That's Manu's MO.
    Tell that to Manu's left testicle. Or any number of lesions accrued over the years while sacrificing his body for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing biased about the reading of those examples. Nothing at all.
    Ok... let's single out just number 3.

Defend it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record I was an avid fan of Parker's game. Never once have I referred to him as "Porker" or called him "Enrique" (aside from the confines of this - as written statement of observation).

Player fans annoy me.

I'm simply trying to explain why people have cast that selfish mantle over Parker.

ALSO, you all are collectively missing the point.

Bruce was being facetious - as in - tongue-in-cheek with that comment.

It's grasping at straws to try and make a serious accusation out of it - an observation which eluded Brazil and now every Parker defender that's come in here trying to paint the narrative that this site "is so unfair to Parker..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexicans playing the white knights as usual
    shooting the messenger
    Bruce Parker fan

using this to defend TP
    Eder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people making assumptions about Bruce being facetious, say who ?

Anybody has a doubt that Pop urged his men to not foul Dirk ? anybody has a doubt about the fact Manu made a bonehead play not respecting coach request ? Bruce just gave his pov about the why... Bruce likes Manu very much obviously, he just gave his pov about why Manu did not listen his coach.

Next sentence he said: " il s’est bien rattrapé l’année suivante. " meaning he did make up for it next year.

In a nuts Manu like anybody makes mistakes for sometimes selfish reasons... happens... does not make Manu a bad person. Just give a different perspective about the unselfish Manu and Porker the bad guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

using this to defend TP
    Eder
    he did it for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Manu foul on Dirk was the single biggest brain cramp he ever had.. Cost us a back to back for sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok... let's single out just number 3.

Defend it.
    Easily. It's irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love manu but i am still holding on to that foul....we were down 3-1 that series....were down the entire game....finally drag our selfs back to take the lead for the first time in the game and the series and then manu fouled....i mean he was hyped hitting that 3 but still huts. just imagine if we had won in 03' (04'fisher) 05'(06'manu foul) 07'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Mais bon, c’est Ginobili, il voulait aussi la gloire dans ces moments-là"

Lots of time on the clock after that foul. Had he not? 1 point game, Spurs shooting freethrows. Certainly not a guaranteed win ( , "6" was a lot more sure than that). Stupid play, but neither of the players are selfish. Manu never started, and Parker's been great. This narrative is old, tired and stupid. Going to miss the crap out of both of those guys, and what they have helped make the Spurs over the last 2 or three generations (in basketball terms).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he did it for the team
    sacrified his testicle for the team

Thread Information