My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Mexico’s Rafael Márquez Accused of Aiding Drug Kingpin

The Mexican soccer star Rafael Márquez and several of his businesses have acted as fronts and held assets for a major drug trafficking organization, the United States Treasury Department said Wednesday after it added the player’s name to a list of people and en ies that face financial penalties and possible forfeitures for such ties.

Márquez, who plays for the Mexican club Atlas and has represented Mexico at the last four World Cups, was placed on a Specially Designated Nationals list by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. Márquez appeared voluntarily in the Mexican attorney general’s office today to make a statement, the attorney general’s office in a news release. The office added that it was working closely with the Treasury Department in an ongoing investigation.

Márquez and nine businesses linked to him, including his soccer school and charitable foundation, were among the 22 individuals and 42 en ies added to the list by the Treasury Department on Wednesday. All were accused of providing support to, or being under the control of, another Mexican national, Raul Flores Hernandez, and what the department called the “Flores drug trafficking organization.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/s...ico-drugs.html

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/08/09...ug-trafficking

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Mexico’s Rafael Márquez Accused of Aiding Drug Kingpin

The Mexican soccer star Rafael Márquez and several of his businesses have acted as fronts and held assets for a major drug trafficking organization, the United States Treasury Department said Wednesday after it added the player’s name to a list of people and en ies that face financial penalties and possible forfeitures for such ties.

Márquez, who plays for the Mexican club Atlas and has represented Mexico at the last four World Cups, was placed on a Specially Designated Nationals list by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. Márquez appeared voluntarily in the Mexican attorney general’s office today to make a statement, the attorney general’s office in a news release. The office added that it was working closely with the Treasury Department in an ongoing investigation.

Márquez and nine businesses linked to him, including his soccer school and charitable foundation, were among the 22 individuals and 42 en ies added to the list by the Treasury Department on Wednesday. All were accused of providing support to, or being under the control of, another Mexican national, Raul Flores Hernandez, and what the department called the “Flores drug trafficking organization.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/s...ico-drugs.html

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/08/09...ug-trafficking
    come on son, which company would say no to receiving donations from a leader in the most important national industry. You get the cash, you get the market visibility and you get a strong cashflow. Solid economics tbh.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Márquez has always been shady... not surprising at all.

That is why IMO Hugo Sanchez still holds the No. 1 ranking as far as being the GOAT Mexican Footballer. No one is perfect but character should count.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Rafa Narcoz smh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Fake news. US of Gay is salty Marquez scored that late game winner in Columbus.

Marquez has already voluntarily spoken to Mexican authorities explaining how all of this is fake news. This will all lead to a mistake and an apology.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Netflix adaptation in the works?

Thread Information