Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    He didn't come close to passing the eye test. If he would have come out and dominated a bunch of players that likely will on practice squads I'd see a reason to start him the next game and see what he can do against real NFL players.

None of this matters tbh. Savage will start the opener and will be the guy until he fails or gets hurt. Looking at the schedule, I would think Watson fanboi's would prefer this. Savage takes the fall and Watson gets to come in as the schedule gets easier.
    15 play drive while demonstrating pocket awareness, standing strong vs pressure and still delivering passes on the money is not passing the eye test? Were you drunk again RC?
    And please drop the fanboy schtick...Savage is what he is--a solid back up.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ugh same fans who were excited about case keenum

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    one drive against scrubs
    O'Brien pls start him against the Pats in Foxboro

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    on draft day before he even took a snap for the houston texans:

you houston. we have a black qb. that jig

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^yep...he'll have to work against history. I've been pleasantly surprised so far. We'll see if he makes the transition.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    LA Chargers are on NFL Network in the StubHub Center

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice to see that the Spanos family's team still blows chunks.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Lol Gus Bradley taking his gas can defense to LA. you asshole. I'm so glad he's gone. Now we just need to can Bortles and will have a chance.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Jags dropping easy TDs. Would be a good game otherwise.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bad qb, bad receivers, bad offensive line, talented but injury prone running back. 5 wins is ceiling but lower is quite possible as well

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Krapernick getting honored

Rush going HAM

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Savage...8/9, 98 yds and a TD against the Pats. Sheesh, rookies.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Let's not start sucking each other's s just yet.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Rush going HAM

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Avante
    got

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Let's not start sucking each other's s just yet.
    I don't have any illusions of grandeur regarding Savage. He's not a franchise guy. What he is...is better than Watson right now.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I don't have any illusions of grandeur regarding Savage. He's not a franchise guy. What he is...is better than Watson right now.
    I agree. Savage is not a franchise guy..

But, if you honestly think that. You should want Watson in as soon as possible. To see if he can be that guy. Give him time to learn a good portion of the playbook and throw him in the fire. See what he can do.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I agree. Savage is not a franchise guy..

But, if you honestly think that. You should want Watson in as soon as possible. To see if he can be that guy. Give him time to learn a good portion of the playbook and throw him in the fire. See what he can do.
    Actually, keeping Savage in there benefits the Texans in more ways than just allowing Watson time to develop. If he keeps playing well and has a good year Houston could wind up with a nice compensatory pick when he gets signed away by another team. In league that is so QB starved, he could wind up with a nice deal.

I want the player that gives the Texans the best chance to win. If that is Savage, he'll prove it by getting through a tough early schedule. If he fails or gets hurt Watson will get his shot. There's no real losing scenario by rolling with Savage.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Actually, keeping Savage in there benefits the Texans in more ways than just allowing Watson time to develop. If he keeps playing well and has a good year Houston could wind up with a nice compensatory pick when he gets signed away by another team. In league that is so QB starved, he could wind up with a nice deal.

I want the player that gives the Texans the best chance to win. If that is Savage, he'll prove it by getting through a tough early schedule. If he fails or gets hurt Watson will get his shot. There's no real losing scenario by rolling with Savage.
    10 years ago I would agree with you. , even 5 years ago.

Nowadays high 1st Round QBs get playing time sooner rather than later. Every time Houston loses a game or Savage throws an INT people will start screaming for Watson. And it's not just the fans. It'll be high front office members also. They'll start lobbying for Watson playing time. It's their jobs on the line.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    10 years ago I would agree with you. , even 5 years ago.

Nowadays high 1st Round QBs get playing time sooner rather than later. Every time Houston loses a game or Savage throws an INT people will start screaming for Watson. And it's not just the fans. It'll be high front office members also. They'll start lobbying for Watson playing time. It's their jobs on the line.
    ...and a lot of those guys flame out. Just go though and look at the list of first round QBs since 2007 and look at all the lack of success. Some of that is reaching on marginally talented players, but some of it is the failure spread QBs to adapt to the pro game. Houston can't afford to this up. They've paid a high price for Watson and having him fail because he's not ready would be a huge setback. Thankfully, they are set up with a situation most of those other teams didn't have...a QB who has already spent several years in their system and can(hopefully) give them the time they need to let Watson get where he needs to be. I was pissed on draft night, but from everything I've read Watson is a smart kid that eats/sleeps/breathes football. There's a good chance he could be ready to go by mid year.

O'Brien has heaped praise on him and has shown he has no problem pulling a QB if the results aren't there. As I said, it's win/win.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    ...and a lot of those guys flame out.
    I never said it was a great idea. I just said that it's the way things are now.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Alvin Kamara has looked legit in preseason.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Rush going HAM

Lol wtf is rush on? Besides painkillers

Kaeps kneeling at the anthem has been a pretty big story for a year and apparently still is one. Nfl network reports every time a player kneels now

He certainly has had an historical impression, and his name will be brought up a decade from now for the same reason. Any time you have a situation with the national anthem in sports, even 20 years from now, people will mention kaepernick

The historical significance isn't really deniable. You can disagree with his actions all you want, but whether or not he's "right" or "wrong" has no bearing in whether or not it's of historical significance

Rush, and as a result, you, seem to think a museum exhibit is the same thing as an honor/award.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    spurraider is right, it's significance because he put the terrorist Malcolm X era black panther party back on the map

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Is this one dumb or what?

He never learns.

Avante...keep an eye on speedster Tyreek Hill
    Dumb ....he muffed the return, hahahaha!

Next time Hill returns a punk...75 yard TOUCHDOWN~~~~~
    Dumb nowhere to be found.

Thread Information