Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty sad and speaks volumes about Pop. He can't handle his team being the hunted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, I generally go to the Christmas day game if its in San Antonio. Shame they won't be playing this year. Oh well, guess I can watch the other games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normal people don't watch NBA until after NFL season anyway, so who cares?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, only Spurs fans want to watch Kawhi and a gaggle of scrubs play on opening night or Christmas. What do you expect? It's a one man team, people.
    You sound like youre giving creedance to their dissing the Spurs. This supposed one man team was the second best team in the league...all year long. And it wasnt a one man team unless you dont count defense. Call it the way it really is....its choosing high market teams over low market teams despite the success.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs always perform best when they fly under the radar anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like youre giving creedance to their dissing the Spurs. This supposed one man team was the second best team in the league...all year long. And it wasnt a one man team unless you dont count defense. Call it the way it really is....its choosing high market teams over low market teams despite the success.
    Just calling a spade a spade. Most casuals don't give a about the Spurs, or even Kawhi. They don't have the drawing power to get people to tune in.

By the way, if the latter part of your post were true then Chicago, Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, and Dallas would all be playing on Christmas before Minny, OKC, and Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They chose youngish teams or teams that added pieces or significant players. Spurs adding a post Achilles injury Rudy Gay is not exciting + reupping Mills and Pau.

Tony wouldn't even be playing either and half the league thought Manu retired in the past postseason

It does signal a decline in the Spurs profile which is a shame...

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sentiment from many of the idiots covering the league has been obvious for a while, but today cements Spurs officially being back to pre '13 status. Having a top 3 team in the past 3 years and having a top 3 player, as well as solid out of market TV ratings and merchandise sales somehow didn't merit an opening night, Christmas day game or benefit of the doubt.

I know Leonard doesn't like the spotlight, but he also presumably didn't work his ass off to get to the level he's at to okay essentially being told he's irrelevant and if the teams performance follows suit (relatively speaking) and he can't even win MVP despite having what should be the perfect setup for it, at what point does he become fed up?
    ESPN opening night and they hate playing on a Christmas and usually sit the stars anyway.

Get the sand out of your vagina.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news.

Spurs are going to ring this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"AP3, BP3, CP3. What's the difference? Kawhi is going to carry us to 60 wins while I get the credit regardless."
    He is one goofy looking mofo wow

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally didn't eat Mexican Food North of San Antonio, but more authentic ingredients are now getting further north... that said, the images in these pictures don't look as authentic to me... still looks too Taco Bellish...

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These are more authentic... all variations... but still they look as good as they probably taste...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally didn't eat Mexican Food North of San Antonio, but more authentic ingredients are now getting further north... that said, the images in these pictures don't look as authentic to me... still looks too Taco Bellish...
    Trust me; it's way better than Taco Bell. It's maybe comparable to Green Burrito, but better. I don't really eat Taco Bell; but I do the chilli cheese fries a lot at Del Taco. Sometimes, I skip the one-dollar add-on burritoes there and go to MgJrs for a burrito later from there, even though the cost is almost triple (though it's bigger, too).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These are more authentic... all variations... but still they look as good as they probably taste...
    That looks like the food sold at the Tacos Mexico chain. They have 'em in SoCal and out in Vegas. I don't know how far east they go.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP looking for reasons to cut himself per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks like the food sold at the Tacos Mexico chain. They have 'em in SoCal and out in Vegas. I don't know how far east they go.
    that, give me Taquitos and Panaderia West over this

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that, give me Taquitos and Panaderia West over this
    Give me Jack Jordan's (BBQ) if I have my choice of any Texas chain, tbh. There's only two of them, and they're both in Odessa, TX. Try 'em if you're ever out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 bucks for fast food carne asada? That's worse than Taco Cabana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Jack Jordan's (BBQ) if I have my choice of any Texas chain, tbh. There's only two of them, and they're both in Odessa, TX. Try 'em if you're ever out there.

Been to the joints in Lockhart but not Odessa

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 bucks for fast food carne asada? That's worse than Taco Cabana.
    That's pricey; but if you get it, you're getting a very filling meal. I usually just get the fat bean, cheese, rice burrito and a drink for $5.50ish after tax. For a few bucks more, you can get the el potato burrito with beef or carne asada.

I never did the carne asada plate now that I think about it. I did the #5 chile verde pork dinner a few times; and it's pretty damn good. It's the one pictured; and you get more than that pic (which is condensed) makes it appear.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Been to the joints in Lockhart but not Odessa
    Never been to Lockhart; but in TX, there's good food wherever you go. And the non chains are typically better than the chains, which are good too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to watch a bald ass geriatric Guatemalan shooting bricks tbqh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to watch a bald ass geriatric Guatemalan shooting bricks tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players and for sure PATFO are probably happy to see this. When the Spurs have played on Christmas in the past it seems like they just went through the motions, got a loss and moved on. Plenty of other things to do on Christmas like spending time with family and oh yeah, celebrate the birth of God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you expect when even spurs fans are underwhelmed. in fact, if ST was the media, spurs would probably get on the air as much as charlotte does.

Thread Information