Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman and Pop were an odd fit. Playing wise, Rodman was everything Pop could have wanted. Personality wise, he was everything Pop was against. It's not often that you get a player like that. Generally, flashy play comes with a flashy personality. Ol' Denny was a real enigma.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wanted a stat padding .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman freelancing for rebounds and not guarding his man.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rodman says:
    And I the same guy we won 68 damn games? Am I that same guy, but you guys don’t like me?” Rodman said. “So I said, ‘OK, trade me,'” he said. “They traded me to the damn Bulls.”
    Yeah they traded you to the damn Bulls with MJ, Scottie, Kukoc, Kerr and Harper and Phil Jackson as your head coach and you won 3 NBA les, it worked out I'd say. Damn is a little harsh word to use after all that success.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman and Pop were an odd fit. Playing wise, Rodman was everything Pop could have wanted. Personality wise, he was everything Pop was against. It's not often that you get a player like that. Generally, flashy play comes with a flashy personality. Ol' Denny was a real enigma.
    so true...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman on the Bulls was a perfect fit. Why the you would want to make a team like MJ's Bulls stronger?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman says:

Yeah they traded you to the damn Bulls with MJ, Scottie, Kukoc, Kerr and Harper and Phil Jackson as your head coach and you won 3 NBA les, it worked out I'd say. Damn is a little harsh word to use after all that success.
    I agree. I don't get Dennis still holding on to his hatred for the Spurs. SA is the place where he became an icon before he got to SA he was just a normal guy that nobody cared about. It was in SA where he became the guy with the colored hair and that tattoos which resulted in him becoming a celebrity. The Spurs trading him to the bulls allowed him to win 3 more les and catapulted him to being a household name. Spurs also benefited in the long run by ending up with Duncan. This is a situation where both sides were much better off after being split. Dennis holding on to his hatred shows that he's petty.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shawn Marion was a similar player to Rodman, the closest we had since him but now he's gone too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets not forget rodmans consistent give ups when didnt work out. On his pouting, he was softer than david.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman continues being an "against the grain" personality...

I was in Miami (technically in Aventura) in 2015 for a work conference... Rodman showed up to the hotel where the conference was held (Turnberry Isle), went directly to the bar at 11:00 AM (and proceeded to drink away)... He literally reeked of piss and booze. But none of the employees dared to say anything or cause a commotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman was a bull ter. He said he didn't drink at all, but he was a drunk.

He said money didn't matter to him, but it was the only thing that mattered -- the reason that he left.

He was a great (although incomplete) basketball player. Give him credit for that, but not much more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares what Kim Jong Un's gimp says?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going against the grain is so "with the grain" these days. Rodman was a pioneer. Never see another NBA bruiser like him show up in a wedding dress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going against the grain is so "with the grain" these days. Rodman was a pioneer. Never see another NBA bruiser like him show up in a wedding dress.
    Let's give Draymond a chance. Once he feels a little more comfortable wearing a dress indoors I'm sure he'll venture out eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you guys talk badly about Kim Jong's homeboy

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wanted a stat padding .
    you mean TP?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I don't get Dennis still holding on to his hatred for the Spurs. SA is the place where he became an icon before he got to SA he was just a normal guy that nobody cared about. It was in SA where he became the guy with the colored hair and that tattoos which resulted in him becoming a celebrity. The Spurs trading him to the bulls allowed him to win 3 more les and catapulted him to being a household name. Spurs also benefited in the long run by ending up with Duncan. This is a situation where both sides were much better off after being split. Dennis holding on to his hatred shows that he's petty.
    Dating Madonna at that time helped build his celebrity status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by stat-padding you mean closing out the 4th quarter of G5 in the 2014 Finals so they didn't choke away another 4th quarter double-digit lead like the year before, then I guess so. Or if you mean dropping 34 in G7 against the Mavs, yah. Or maybe you mean him dropping 27 on Conley in G6 this year on 79% shooting to close out the series. Or countless other clutch performances in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were a more disciplinary team back then. They let Rod Strickland walk even though he was one of the best point guards in the league because he was also a head case that didn't buy into a military team in a military town. They let a lot of talent walk bc of their baggage. But Pop struck gold when he got good character guys like Tim, Manu, Tony (aside from sexting teammates' wives), and Bowen...talented players with good character. Baggage guys even now don't last long. Sure the Rodman trade was lopsided (though Perdue was an underrated player), but Spurs have won the right way with good guys, which counts for something.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really ty at reading the room. You don't take on DR unless you're willing to have tolerance.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, they banned your ass for like a whole day? Well, that'll teach you to spam the joint up with your goty . Well, before your ass thread was erased, I gave you some advice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dating Madonna at that time helped build his celebrity status.
    He doesn't get Madonna's attention if he doesn't dye his hair. He dyed his hair in SA randomly when he saw a barber who gave him that idea. So SA played a huge role in him becoming a celebrity.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, they banned your ass for like a whole day? Well, that'll teach you to spam the joint up with your goty . Well, before your ass thread was erased, I gave you some advice.

How about you try it once. Nvm. You probably get banned in one second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With good reason.

Thread Information