Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Randolph could be looking at a ban from the NBA.

Not long after his arrest for intending to sell marijuana in California, Ronald Tillery of the Commercial Appeal reports that the 36-year-old could be looking at severe punishment from the NBA:

"The league’s collective bargaining agreement with the players’ association says a player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendere to, a crime involving the felony distribution of marijuana."

Randolph was arrested early Thursday due to possession of marijuana and intent to sell. It was reported that he had two pounds worth of marijuana.

The Sacramento Kings forward signed a two-year, $24 million contract with the team in the offseason. If Randolph faces any sort of ban or suspension, he'd be the first players since O.J. Mayo in 2016 to face such a punishment.
    http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Zach-Randolph-could-face-ban-from-NBA-106042804

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why the is a multi-millionaire basketball player trying to sell weed

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts exactly. I mean seriously. Why the would you even need to sell weed if you are a millionaire. I just don't ing get it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Was he really though? Wasn't he with just a bunch of weed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have no idea, just read the op

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was really two pounds I don't see how they won't get him on intent to distribute.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If it was really two pounds I don't see how they won't get him on intent to distribute.
    sup brah?

I think I'm going to try to dive into Griffith's Quantum Mechanics book. My math competency is up through PDE's...do you think that's sufficient enough to handle it?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup brah?

I think I'm going to try to dive into Griffith's Quantum Mechanics book. My math competency is up through PDE's...do you think that's sufficient enough to handle it?
    I didn't like Griffith's quantum book nearly as much as his electrodynamics book. Shankar is better tbh, though you should ask Agloco since he's an actual physicist.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't like Griffith's quantum book nearly as much as his electrodynamics book. Shankar is better tbh, though you should ask Agloco since he's an actual physicist.
    Shankar is great

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yeah the Electrodynamics one is pretty good tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Only a felony if he has a prior violent felony conviction, two misdemeanors for selling marijuana, or knowingly sold to a minor. Don't know his record, but probably just a misdemeanor and won't be banned.

The amount obviously suggests intent to distribute. But with millionaires, assumptions need to be reconsidered. Could just be for his own personal use for the next month or so. Lifestyle is different for people with Monopoly money. And in a weed friendly state like California, I would guess he'll be given a misdemeanor and a fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stay off da weeeeeeed-duh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what I got from this. He is rich and just bought a ton of weed. I know if you have over a certain amount of weed on you they automatically hit you with the intent to sell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what I got from this. He is rich and just bought a ton of weed. I know if you have over a certain amount of weed on you they automatically hit you with the intent to sell.
    Depends if he had other paraphernalia like multiple baggies or a scale.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich guy buys a ton of marijuana...to sell it back?

Something doesn't add up.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich guy buys a ton of marijuana...to sell it back?

Something doesn't add up.
    agreed.

I generally can't stand the far right on pot but I don't get it because Silver is left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only explanation is that some dumb young white celebrity was willing to pay millions for those few pounds

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts exactly. I mean seriously. Why the would you even need to sell weed if you are a millionaire. I just don't ing get it.
    Not selling. Just our fascist laws that allow people to be charged with crimes they didn't actually commit. Intent to sell applicable for the two pound bag.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grown ass man wearing his pants like a teeny bopper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Foolishly trynna show he has street cred....gave up 24 milli for 2 pounds...LOL he's a dumb as Tammy giving away millions on make-up and wine and letting Rat face fleece him on the contract....but I smoke OG KUSH every other day....and when you driving with that in yo ride you gotta go the speed limit....

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He'll be taken care of on this one. Won't be made a hero mind you, but, he'll be heralded nonetheless. Silver will oversee it personally.

It will be fascinating to watch the machinations used here. Absolutely (fascinating.) ESPN loves that word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's hood, G.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a felony if he has a prior violent felony conviction, two misdemeanors for selling marijuana, or knowingly sold to a minor. Don't know his record, but probably just a misdemeanor and won't be banned.

The amount obviously suggests intent to distribute. But with millionaires, assumptions need to be reconsidered. Could just be for his own personal use for the next month or so. Lifestyle is different for people with Monopoly money. And in a weed friendly state like California, I would guess he'll be given a misdemeanor and a fine.
    Plus he has a whole team to supply.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intent to sell is based on the amount of weed....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a very weird coincidence as I was telling a friend a work a few weeks ago about Z-bo selling or supplying weed years ago. Does anyone remember that? How long ago was it? It was at least 5 plus years ago, but he was suspected in Indianapolis as a supplier. I know nothing came of it, but I do remember wondering why someone with as much money as him would even be implicated in something like that.

I would have thought nothing of this current thing if it wasn't for that report from years ago, but he very well might be a seller or supplier.

Thread Information