Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere.
    But with Tim in his prime the Spurs didn't sign a FA superstar either.

It wasnt about Tim's leadership, it's not about Kawhi being able to lure FAs now, it has always been about a team in a small market with a frugal FO.

I would pay $1M to see Bron's face when he begins to demand changes, new additions, while recruiting expensive big names, and RC tells him the team can't afford those players' contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But with Tim in his prime the Spurs didn't sign a FA superstar either.

It wasnt about Tim's leadership, it's not about Kawhi being able to lure FAs now, it has always been about a team in a small market with a frugal FO.

I would pay $1M to see Bron's face when he begins to demand changes, new additions, while recruiting expensive big names, and RC tells him the team can't afford those players' contract...
    I said that. I also said that, without Tim, no home grown talent would stick around. People wanted to play with Tim, no one wants to play with Tony and Kawhi is just too introverted to "know". You going to stay on a team who's best player never speaks to you? Who's PG is a washed up slow poke who think he's got 5 more good years ahead of him, who Pop won't hesitate to put into the game in crucial moments so he can stat pad? On a team where your spark off the bench is going to be who, exactly? Patty Mills?

No one says "I wanted to play along side Tony Parker"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Porker for lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that. I also said that, without Tim, no home grown talent would stick around. People wanted to play with Tim, no one wants to play with ...Kawhi is just too introverted to "know". You going to stay on a team who's best player never speaks to you?
    I love when people act like Tim was the most extroverted player in his mid 20's...

Insecure stars, some LMA-Irving types who seek the spotlight, they think that quiet unselfish team-first Kawhi is the perfect teammate to play alonside...

Then when Kawhi's getting attention being MVP and DPOY candidate for two consecutive seasons, they regret the decision of joining the Spurs after they were failing badly in playoffs without him...

But one thing was clear from the very first moment, they already wanted to play with Kawhi.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-20-2017 at 07:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most GM's would not even do this. And even if he came and won a few chips, it is meh. He is a guy that bandwagon's his way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love when people act like Tim was the most extroverted player in his mid 20's...

Insecure stars, some LMA-Irving types who seek the spotlight, they think that quiet unselfish team-first Kawhi is the perfect teammate to play alonside...

Then when Kawhi's getting attention being MVP and DPOY candidate for two consecutive seasons, they regret the decision of joining the Spurs after they were failing badly in playoffs without him...

But one thing was clear from the very first moment, they already wanted to play with Kawhi.
    I love it when people act like the world and everyone in it speaks in bifurcated tone, that it's ok to assume something then pretend it was actually said.

Tim is one of the most well liked players in the NBA since he joined the league. Kawhi, no one knows him. He's a great player, but does he stand on the sidelines tapping players on the head as they walk to the lockerroom, like a mother goose counting her young? No. Kawhi is just Kawhi.

The league is full of unselfish players. Kawhi isn't a PG, his PG is Tony, who is selfish. No one ever said "I want to play alongside Tony Parker because he's so unselfish".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All LeBron wants is 7 rings.
    Never happening. He is 33 next year Jordan had won the 6th by age 35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, no one knows him...but he does he stand on the sidelines tapping players on the head as they walk to the lockerroom, like a mother goose counting her young?
    Of course not. I doubt any other Spur would do it because everyone knows on the team that was Tim's thing. Like his pregame "hugging the ball" or "hanging on the rim" Nobody will repeat it.

But also anyone who watched Spurs games last season already knew that Kawhi was talking a lot with Murray Kyle Simms...

Yep, the player who supposedly "never speaks to you" was talking and helping the young guys....

Even Murray wanted to spend a week this summer training with that silent and unknown player.

"but but no one wants to play with Kawhi "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league is full of unselfish players.
    Full of unselfish players at MVP level? No really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not. I doubt any other Spur would do it because everyone knows on the team that was Tim's thing. Like his pregame "hugging the ball" or "hanging on the rim" Nobody will repeat it.

But also anyone who watched Spurs games last season already knew that Kawhi was talking a lot with Murray Kyle Simms...

Yep, the player who supposedly "never speaks to you" was talking and helping the young guys....

Even Murray wanted to spend a week this summer training with that silent and unknown player.

Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full of unselfish players at MVP level? No really.
    No one gives two s if Kawhi is at MVP level. They care if Kawhi gets the Spurs a lot of media attention for good reasons. He doesn't. He gets Kawhi attention because he's the ing stealth bomber below the radar that the rest of the league fears. Playing along side him doesn't garner you more praise. No one says "man, Kawhi made fathead so much better". Kawhi is working on Kawhi's game. It's fine, but let's not pretend people are lining up to play along side him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero doubts about Kawhi on any level. Leading by example is the best leadership because you respect other players intelligence. When Kawhi does what he does and youre not even close, it speaks for itself. If youre not self motivated at this level, whats the use of talking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.
    I'm having a hard time trying to find out if you're blind or just stupid.

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They care if Kawhi gets the Spurs a lot of media attention for good reasons. He doesn't
    Kawhi sells more jerseys than Harden, has a better NBA2K rating than Curry only Bron/KD are higher...Those are stupid off court things that the media loves...And it seems he's not that bad at it.

He gets Kawhi attention because he's the ing stealth bomber below the radar that the rest of the league fears.
    I wouldnt say under radar when he was already MVP candidate in two straight seasons, 3rd in MVP run over Harden, Curry according to Bovada this new season.

No one says "man, Kawhi made fathead so much better"
    YOU dont say that. But many people realized after last playoffs how much Kawhi makes his teammates better...He got injured and they collapsed.

It's fine, but let's not pretend people are lining up to play along side him.
    It's funny because LMA was the best FA in 2015..Irving is one of the best player who'll get traded in 2017... But we have to pretend that NO ONE wants to play alogside him
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-20-2017 at 10:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having a hard time trying to find out if you're blind or just stupid.

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.
    Of course they talk about it. What do you expect them to say, he's autistic?

The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi sells more jerseys than Harden, has a better NBA2K rating than Curry only Bron/KD are higher...Those are stupid off court things that the media loves...And it seems he's not that bad at it.
    Way to move the goalpost. The NBA and team cares that Kawhi sells jerseys. Other players want limelight. San Antonio and Kawhiet doesn't equal limelight, as LMA found out.

You think HEB commercials air outside of the local area?
    I wouldnt say under radar when he was already MVP candidate in two straight seasons, 3rd in MVP run over Harden, Curry according to Bovada this new season.
    Under radar. Any time James Harden, Mr "make it rain at the club, not in the playoffs" is mentioned in the MVP talk before the best 2 way player in the game, he's under radar. Are you ing re ed?
    YOU dont say that. But many people realized after last playoffs how much Kawhi makes his teammates better...He got injured and they collapsed.
    That anonymous "many people" claim.
    It's funny because LMA was the best FA in 2015..Irving is one of the best player who'll get traded in 2017... But we have to pretend that NO ONE wants to play alogside him
    And LMA is eyeing the road and quit mentally already.

Are you claiming that LMA actually played?

Way to kick your own ass.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DMC one of the worst watered-down faux-intellectuals on ST?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DMC one of the worst watered-down faux-intellectuals on ST?
    Why are you stalking me? You looking for pointers?

Hoping one day to be edgy and insignificant like you, a nebulous grey pile of gotry indistinguishable from 1000 other grey posters.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking you're superior because your name is bold.

No poster actually cares what you say here. What does that say about you?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No poster actually cares what you say here. What does that say about you?
    Dmc is chinook is chumpdumper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've got a question. Do you think Murray will end up working with Kawhi at all this off-season? Because almost every other off-season that Kawhi was supposed to work with someone, it didn't appear to happen. I don't know if that was by his choice or not? He was supposed to work with Tim Grover a few off-seasons ago, then he was supposed to work with Kobe Bryant, but neither of those took place as far as I know. I wonder what the deal is. I wonder if he really likes to keep to himself or what. I'm not complaining, though, as the results he's getting by doing it his way speak for themselves.

I just wonder why he says he's going to work with someone and never seems to do it.

Also, I've asked this numerous times, but since the season starts earlier, does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Like sometime in September?
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-21-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a question. Do you think Murray will end up working with Kawhi at all this off-season? Because almost every other off-season that Kawhi was supposed to work with someone, it didn't appear to happen. I don't know if that was by his choice or not? He was supposed to work with Tim Grover a few off-seasons ago, then he was supposed to work with Kobe Bryant, but neither of those took place as far as I know. I wonder what the deal is. I wonder if he really likes to keep to himself or what. I'm not complaining, though, as the results he's getting by doing it his way speak for themselves.

I just wonder why he says he's going to work with someone and never seems to do it.

Also, I've asked this numerous times, but since the season starts earlier, does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Like sometime in September?
    Did Kawhi actually say he was going to workout with those people?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Kawhi actually say he was going to workout with those people?
    I remember him saying he wanted to work with Tim Grover, and I also read that they were supposed to workout, but no, I didn't hear Kawhi say it. Tim Grover was the one that said Kawhi came up to him, I think it was during the 2013 finals and told him that he wanted to work with him. Nothing happened that off-season, but I'm sure I read during the 2014 off-season he was supposed to. The Kobe thing was more hearsay that he was going to work with him. I mean, a lot of people obviously heard about the Kobe thing because NBA players such as Demarcus Cousins actually thought he did work with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No poster actually cares what you say here.
    Then

What does that say about you?

idiot

Thread Information