Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the news from Chris Sherridan that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland next year" what do you think about this trade? Kawhi for Lebron.

Obviously Lebron has a no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive it. Lebron has always admired Pop, and there's already been rumors that he'd like to play for the Spurs.

He would need to commit to signing an extension of course -- but honestly, who wouldn't do this? I love Kawhi, but we would be as just good if not in a better position next year with Lebron. Plus he would attract other talented players like he always has and bring the spotlight to our franchise. For the Spurs organization and the team itself, this would be a huge win-win.

Who says no?
    let's see, a guy who would be 15 years in the league for a guy who is without a doubt the best offensive/defensive player in the league who'd be on his 7th year. Yeah that's sound fair... foh with this dumb ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Die in a fire op

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    As amazing of a basketball player as James is, Leonard has to much upside at the moment to even be traded for Lebron, Westbrook, Durant or Curry, in other words he is untouchable. I think LeBron also has a no trade clause like Melo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of moron would post this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the news from Chris Sherridan that Lebron is "100% leaving Cleveland next year" what do you think about this trade? Kawhi for Lebron.

Obviously Lebron has a no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive it. Lebron has always admired Pop, and there's already been rumors that he'd like to play for the Spurs.

He would need to commit to signing an extension of course -- but honestly, who wouldn't do this? I love Kawhi, but we would be as just good if not in a better position next year with Lebron. Plus he would attract other talented players like he always has and bring the spotlight to our franchise. For the Spurs organization and the team itself, this would be a huge win-win.

Who says no?
    I'd rather finger your grandpa's hemorrhoidal asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who says no?
    I'd rather drink a cup of your uncle's infertile semen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who says no?
    I'd rather bite your cousin's pus infected asscheek zits.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gather Time is undefeated.

Really. I have not seen father time defeat either Afernee Hardaway nor Tim Duncan, Duncan in particular was looking as good at 39 as at 34 as a knee injury happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks the Spurs are going to put legit talent around Kawhi is misleading themselves. Look at the they put around Tim for years. The cinderella story of the league is Parker and Manu rising from unknowns to HOFers, because of Tim Duncan. It made Pop and RC look like geniuses, when in reality they were just being cheap as . Sure it worked, but look at all the years that we had talent around Tim, when we thought a washed up Thomas or McDyess were going to matter.

You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan, any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere. You better take Lebron while you can (it's not an option, just off season talk) because Lebron will pull ring chasers and people who want face time.

Biggest FA in recent memory, LMA, regrets his decision to come here.

Let's not get all sucky over Kawhi. He's a great player, but you're going to spend the next few seasons complaining about how the refs ed us, or how some big oaf like Zaza neutralized Kawhi. You won't have even a puncher's chance at a ring.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You really think Kawhi is going to get any real help? Unless they grow it from scratch, there won't be any. Without the leadership of Tim Duncan, any home grown legit talent will likely chase money elsewhere. You better take Lebron while you can (it's not an option, just off season talk) because Lebron will pull ring chasers and people who want face time.
    Well if Spurs trade for Kyrie, LeBron ain't coming. He probably ain't coming anyway but Spurs have a shot at signing LeBron next season despite reports he wants LA. A James and Leonard duo would have a Jordan and Pippen appeal, James would have Leonard's back and Leonard would have Jame's back, would be fun to watch as an NBA fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if Spurs trade for Kyrie, LeBron ain't coming. He probably ain't coming anyway but Spurs have a shot at signing LeBron next season despite reports he wants LA. A James and Leonard duo would have a Jordan and Pippen appeal, James would have Leonard's back and Leonard would have Jame's back, would be fun to watch as an NBA fan.
    I don't think a top tier superstar like James would tuck himself away in San Antonio, in a system format. The pla udes these players utter to the press about respect for Pop and the Spurs really don't equate to decisions made during free agency.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't think a top tier superstar like James would tuck himself away in San Antonio, in a system format. The pla udes these players utter to the press about respect for Pop and the Spurs really don't equate to decisions made during free agency.
    I agree but you never know.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eat a bullet and donate your organs, just make sure you damage your brain so your stupid don't infect the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All LeBron wants is 7 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the hook. The angle is he really wants to be a billionaire. That's not going to happen in SA, probably not in Cleveland either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hes a piece of . 12 rings hed still be a loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the hook. The angle is he really wants to be a billionaire. That's not going to happen in SA, probably not in Cleveland either.
    Probably not in any city just playing basketball. Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O'Neal have all won les in big markets and none are billionaires. Jordan created the most popular shoe in America for the past thirty years that's why he's a billionaire. MJ definitely capitalized on being the GOAT and profited off of opportunities from being the best ever but Jordan made every correct decision off the court to become a billionaire.

Lebron definitely has a shot at becoming a billionaire but it'll happen after he's done playing if it ever happens. He might even get a bump from inflation but it's hard becoming a billionaire from playing basketball. Jordan is not only the greatest player to ever play in the NBA and the best business man to ever play in the league but he might be the luckiest. There is something to be said for the timing of Jordan's success with no social media available. I don't think it's possible for another player to rival Jordan's off court success being as everyone has been trying to copy Jordan ever since inevitably over saturating the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not in any city just playing basketball. Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, and Shaquille O'Neal have all won les in big markets and none are billionaires. Jordan created the most popular shoe in America for the past thirty years that's why he's a billionaire. MJ definitely capitalized on being the GOAT and profited off of opportunities from being the best ever but Jordan made every correct decision off the court to become a billionaire.

Lebron definitely has a shot at becoming a billionaire but it'll happen after he's done playing if it ever happens. He might even get a bump from inflation but it's hard becoming a billionaire from playing basketball. Jordan is not only the greatest player to ever play in the NBA and the best business man to ever play in the league but he might be the luckiest. There is something to be said for the timing of Jordan's success with no social media available. I don't think it's possible for another player to rival Jordan's off court success being as everyone has been trying to copy Jordan ever since inevitably over saturating the market.
    James Harden signed a 200m dollar shoe contract and a 250m dollar player contract. His yearly was 46m. Lebron's was 86m. Lebron has 10x the selling power Harden has. He just needs to capitalize on it in a major market, not in Cleveland or San Antonio.

I'd think Lebron has a legit shot of making becoming a billionaire. He has to curb his lavish spending however and focus on investment, else he'll be another Curtis Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

But hes a piece of . 12 rings hed still be a loser
    Yep.

I can't stand him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden signed a 200m dollar shoe contract and a 250m dollar player contract. His yearly was 46m. Lebron's was 86m. Lebron has 10x the selling power Harden has. He just needs to capitalize on it in a major market, not in Cleveland or San Antonio.

I'd think Lebron has a legit shot of making becoming a billionaire. He has to curb his lavish spending however and focus on investment, else he'll be another Curtis Jackson.
    I think Lebron is at an estimated $400 million right now. He'd need to play for another 7 years with very little spending to get there at his current playing and earning level. It's possible. I'm curious to see how the new economics of the NBA changes the salary ceiling on max players over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not trade Kawhi for LeBron. I dont think that theres any upside to that trade. Meanwhile I think LeBron is on his way down. It is really a mutually non beneficial trade; one side wants prestige and an easy ride through the east; the other one is looking for more upside and for Kawhi to improve. That is about it, when you think about it from a logical perspective.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent bait by OP. Bravo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lebron is at an estimated $400 million right now. He'd need to play for another 7 years with very little spending to get there at his current playing and earning level. It's possible. I'm curious to see how the new economics of the NBA changes the salary ceiling on max players over time.
    Lebron or any of these athletes will never be billionaires. Tiger Woods came the closest up until the media destroyed him for him cheating on his wife. Around that point of time his net worth was somewhere around 800 million. Prior to that incident Tiger had the perfect image along with abundance of endorsements. Factor in Lebron has never had a perfect image with fans. You either love him or hate him. That makes it very difficult for him to score the type of endorsement money that Tiger was getting granted Lebron still does make a lot of money with endorsements.

Secondly to be a billionaire you have to create something that can make a lot of money. If you read about how the majority of billionaires have made their money it's through businesses they created that sold products that were high in demand. I doubt Lebron has the capability to do this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron or any of these athletes will never be billionaires. Tiger Woods came the closest up until the media destroyed him for him cheating on his wife. Around that point of time his net worth was somewhere around 800 million. Prior to that incident Tiger had the perfect image along with abundance of endorsements. Factor in Lebron has never had a perfect image with fans. You either love him or hate him. That makes it very difficult for him to score the type of endorsement money that Tiger was getting granted Lebron still does make a lot of money with endorsements.

Secondly to be a billionaire you have to create something that can make a lot of money. If you read about how the majority of billionaires have made their money it's through businesses they created that sold products that were high in demand. I doubt Lebron has the capability to do this.
    Totally agree, my post before this one you quoted basically was saying the best shot Lebron has is through investments and Jordan got to be a billionaire through a perfect storm. My main point previously is Lebron's team location isn't going to impact him becoming a billionaire. I'd be shocked if ever creates anything valuable. He was born with a body that has enabled him to become rich and famous.

Thread Information