Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's autistic
    Obviusly you're stupid. No more doubts now.

The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor.
    Because you're the only guy here who wants to ignore Kawhi's improvements as playmaker in last playoffs.

During last Spurs championships:
    Tony Parker
    in 2007 playoffs 5.8 apg
    in 2014 playoffs 4.8 apg

Kawhi
    in 2017 playoffs 4.6 apg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him saying he wanted to work with Tim Grover, and I also read that they were supposed to workout, but no, I didn't hear Kawhi say it. Tim Grover was the one that said Kawhi came up to him, I think it was during the 2013 finals and told him that he wanted to work with him.
    That was just a convo after a game. Grover is fantastic but also he has a high profile. While Kawhi only works in LA, always with the same people...Who knows.

We saw DJ's pics/vids training with IT/Bron...If he already was or will stay a week in San Diego training with Kawhi we won't see a photo nor hear them talking about that until the training camp.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2017 at 11:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviusly you're stupid. No more doubts now.

Because you're the only guy here who wants to ignore Kawhi's improvements as playmaker in last playoffs.

During last Spurs championships:
    Tony Parker
    in 2007 playoffs 5.8 apg
    in 2014 playoffs 4.8 apg

Kawhi
    in 2017 playoffs 4.6 apg
    Quote out of context angle... no one ever thought of that.

leadership /= playmaker

player fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote out of context angle... no one ever thought of that.

leadership /= playmaker

player fans
    Leadership = playmaker? I wonder when I said it.

But also Im not the stupid guy who said...."The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor. " when then last playoffs stats prove you were so wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.
    Leadership = playmaker? I wonder when I said it.

But also Im not the stupid guy who said...."The eyeball test clearly shows Kawhi focuses 90% on Kawhi's game, and the running of the team is done by committee when Tony isn't on the floor. " when then last playoffs stats prove you were so wrong.
    I said he's not displayed leadership, you counter with his play making.

Kawhi can focus on his game without being greedy. Part of his game is play making. Tim focused on other players' games. He led because he was concerned and wanted to help out others. Kawhi is trying to elevate himself. He hasn't gotten to the "elevate others" point because he's no Tim Duncan.

You don't know about basketball if you think "running the team" can be seen in your stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a question. Do you think Murray will end up working with Kawhi at all this off-season? Because almost every other off-season that Kawhi was supposed to work with someone, it didn't appear to happen. I don't know if that was by his choice or not? He was supposed to work with Tim Grover a few off-seasons ago, then he was supposed to work with Kobe Bryant, but neither of those took place as far as I know. I wonder what the deal is. I wonder if he really likes to keep to himself or what. I'm not complaining, though, as the results he's getting by doing it his way speak for themselves.

I just wonder why he says he's going to work with someone and never seems to do it.

Also, I've asked this numerous times, but since the season starts earlier, does that mean training camp also starts earlier? Like sometime in September?
    He will. And he will spend 90% of the time tweeting and taking pictures to do ent his grind.

I'm hoping this kid isn't loul deng in that it's all a front akin to the danny ferry comment.

Don't worry about advertising and do enting the grind. Just stfu and do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will. And he will spend 90% of the time tweeting and taking pictures to do ent his grind.

I'm hoping this kid isn't loul deng in that it's all a front akin to the danny ferry comment.

Don't worry about advertising and do enting the grind. Just stfu and do it.
    Yeah, that is true. He should just do it and say that he did after or when asked about it. After I saw his play earlier in Summer League, I then began to think, was he even working out much in all those pictures he was taking in the practice facility after the playoffs ended? His play really made me question if he worked on his game much at all, or if he only did very little work and was just taking pictures to make it look like he was working his ass off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he's not displayed leadership, you counter with his play making...You don't know about basketball if you think "running the team" can be seen in your stats.
    Spurs' coach and players started to praise Kawhi's leadership last season. DMC:"I don't care what they said, eye test says.."

Kawhi's improved running the team. DMC "I don't care about stats, eye test says..."

So funny. Like people will trust in your eye test.

but but no ones wants to play with Kawhi
    I feel bad for you when other players talk about Kawhi

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...he-game-video/

All I know about this new season is you'll have a very hard time trying to prove that Kawhi's improvemets dont exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the team says Tony Parker is a great guy but he tried to Brent Barry's wife so the eye test works really well there.

There's a difference between running the offense and leading the team.

I don't expect someone who named themselves after a certain player to have any objectivity regarding that same player.

Of course he's going to have improvements, I said Kawhi works on Kawhi, that means he will get better but his teammates won't get better because of the work he put in with them. He's in a bubble of sorts. The Spurs will benefit from that but he's not a mentor. A leader is a mentor.

Which player has gotten better because of Kahwi? Danny Green has gotten worse, Patty Mills has probably gotten worse, I can't think of anyone who worked with Kawhi to improve their game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "but but if you have a player's something on your nick you can't say anything about that player "

Good to know that all those Ducan Manu Tony Parker nicks here never talked about those three players.

Anyway, DMC should get use to these Kawhi's now since...

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CJ's always praising Kawhi. Paving his way to become a Spur?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be welcomed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the team says Tony Parker is a great guy but he tried to Brent Barry's wife so the eye test works really well there.

There's a difference between running the offense and leading the team.

I don't expect someone who named themselves after a certain player to have any objectivity regarding that same player.

Of course he's going to have improvements, I said Kawhi works on Kawhi, that means he will get better but his teammates won't get better because of the work he put in with them. He's in a bubble of sorts. The Spurs will benefit from that but he's not a mentor. A leader is a mentor.

Which player has gotten better because of Kahwi? Danny Green has gotten worse, Patty Mills has probably gotten worse, I can't think of anyone who worked with Kawhi to improve their game.
    Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DMC one of the worst watered-down faux-intellectuals on ST?
    You still think Kawhi is a leader?

lol, group thinking got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, clearly hasn't gotten over himself.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I'm having a hard time trying to find out if you're blind or just stupid.

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.
    How's this going btw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still going on this. Crickets from the take crew.

"leader"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still going on this. Crickets from the take crew.

"leader"
    Unless you're part of the team, going to practices/traveling with them, you have to believe what coaches and players said.

Manu was never forced to talk about Kawhi's MVP candidacies in those two previous years, he didn't say a word about...Then, we should assume he wasn't forced by media when he said that Kawhi's leadership reminds him of Tim's in his first years as Spur.
    Then Manu -and Pop and Parker- questioned his injury in public...Things can change.

I still believe Kawhi was improving his leadership, talking with the young guys, working with them and helping them like Ramona said on those days.
    For a reason, DJ and Brandon supported him.

In the same way, you can read he's talking with OG, Pascal and the rookies this preaseason.

Because we're Spurs' fans we take for granted FMVP's, HOFers, multiple champions on our team. Our rookies always saw NBA legends like Pop and the Big3 sharing with them in a practice, in the locker room...Raptors young guys never had that.
    They admire Kawhi even if he doesn't reach his MVP form, or if they realize they're stronger and faster than him now...

Sadly, he showed signs of mortality in the worst moment, he got mad, frustrated, he let bad and greedy advisors take control/run the show...He was unprofessional. It doesn't matter if he had reasons or not to be angry, he could handle it in a better way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, it's funny that people talk in this thread about LeBron as a good, positive leader.

The guy who threw teammates under the bus in front media, manipulated GMs to fire coaches, to change rosters

He's still the best player in the world, at this point of his career it's clear he made a pact with the Devil to remain eternally healthy...but he was never a team-first guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you're part of the team, going to practices/traveling with them, you have to believe what coaches and players said.

Manu was never forced to talk about Kawhi's MVP candidacies in those two previous years, he didn't say a word about...Then, we should assume he wasn't forced by media when he said that Kawhi's leadership reminds him of Tim's in his first years as Spur.
    Then Manu -and Pop and Parker- questioned his injury in public...Things can change.

I still believe Kawhi was improving his leadership, talking with the young guys, working with them and helping them like Ramona said on those days.
    For a reason, DJ and Brandon supported him.

In the same way, you can read he's talking with OG, Pascal and the rookies this preaseason.

Because we're Spurs' fans we take for granted FMVP's, HOFers, multiple champions on our team. Our rookies always saw NBA legends like Pop and the Big3 sharing with them in a practice, in the locker room...Raptors young guys never had that.
    They admire Kawhi even if he doesn't reach his MVP form, or if they realize they're stronger and faster than him now...

Sadly, he showed signs of mortality in the worst moment, he got mad, frustrated, he let bad and greedy advisors take control/run the show...He was unprofessional. It doesn't matter if he had reasons or not to be angry, he could handle it in a better way.
    He was never aimed in the "leadership" direction. He was always aimed in the "Kawhi" direction. Clearly you don't understand the concept of leadership if you think Kawhi ever showed signs of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' coach and players started to praise Kawhi's leadership last season. DMC:"I don't care what they said, eye test says.."

Kawhi's improved running the team. DMC "I don't care about stats, eye test says..."

So funny. Like people will trust in your eye test.

I feel bad for you when other players talk about Kawhi

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...he-game-video/

All I know about this new season is you'll have a very hard time trying to prove that Kawhi's improvemets dont exist.
    "Kawhi was a great player, but he wasn't a leader or anything," Popovich told reporters of Leonard, the 2014 NBA Finals MVP and two-time Defensive Player of the Year. "Manu and Patty were the leaders. Kawhi's talent will always be missed, but that leadership wasn't his deal at that time. That may come as he progresses, but Manu and Patty filled that role last year, and LaMarcus [Aldridge] came a long way in that regard also."

Thread Information