Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-Don't give a

2-Anyway, great perimeter players are more versatile as scorers than great bigmen.
    A versatile perimeter player like Kawhi, is everything on offense, P&Rs ball-handler, Iso player, spot-up shooter, off screen shooter, buckets in transition, post-up player...

3-In Warriors-Superteams Era, I'd love to see how dominant looks Kawhi with some prime Parker/Ginobili-caliber players.

4-This offseason I missed Spurs games and Kawhi doing exciting plays... I'm just using this thread to post Kawhi's vids.

5-If some stupid asshole has doubts about who was Tim Duncan...Only 50 guys made the list in the whole history of sports, Tim is one of them.

http://theundefeated.com/features/50...age#tim-duncan

Last edited by YGWHI; 08-17-2017 at 01:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Rockets 2way play is just epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop right there Apo ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gawd your a sucking playa fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's offense got his teamates better by giving them open look. Most of the time in hockey assist that you won't find in the stats.
    Kawhi not as much

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs played a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower game when Timmy was in his prime than compared to today. So his offensive numbers are deceiving when you don't look at them in context. He could more than put the ball in the hoop when the team needed him too.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a larger offensive repertoire, that is not really debatable. But Duncan in his prime had so many posts moves and with his size and touch he could score at will. He was basically unstoppable if his turn around hook shot was falling tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Gervin?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams still double and triple teamed Duncan when he had Tony and Manu in his prime alongside him.

Kawhi's next best players are Aldridge and no one, and still teams rarely double or triple on him.
    That's really the difference, they may be very efficient, may attract a lot of attention, but Duncan needed to be doubled or tripled to be stopped, and was very good taking advantage of that, and still teams did it.
    Kawhi on the other hand is not as effective creating for others off a double team, doesn't have nearly as good sporting cast, and still teams have no problem letting him go one on one most of the game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than prime Manure at literally everything, tbh...

Anyone who says otherwise is an illegal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of these kids grew up with past prime Duncan which was from '08-16 so they can't see Duncan ever being an athlete from what they remember of him. I always tell young kids that prime Duncan had Anthony Davis like athleticism. He was that fast, that quick, that athletic.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a larger offensive repertoire, that is not really debatable. But Duncan in his prime had so many posts moves and with his size and touch he could score at will. He was basically unstoppable if his turn around hook shot was falling tbh
    I don't know about that Kone (no racist). Both are decent jump shooters. Leonard has more range. But Duncan was more automatic from closer in. Leonard can drive but Duncan had superior post moves. I don't think you can say definitively that KL has a larger repertoire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ban this already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear op has posted the same gy thread before. Why isn't this got pinked yet tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs played a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower game when Timmy was in his prime than compared to today. So his offensive numbers are deceiving when you don't look at them in context. He could more than put the ball in the hoop when the team needed him too.
    most advanced stats take into account pace bro

OP is not just about raw stat

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I don't know about that Kone (no racist). Both are decent jump shooters. Leonard has more range. But Duncan was more automatic from closer in. Leonard can drive but Duncan had superior post moves. I don't think you can say definitively that KL has a larger repertoire.
    I have to disagree tbh. Duncan did have an excellent post game and superior moves in the post, but Kawhi can score from literally anywhere. Post up, face up, turnaround fadeaways, driving, 3 pointers, etc. I will say Duncan had a more elite post game than any 1 particular area of Kawhi's offensive game, but Leonard is so consistent across the offense that overall he has a larger repertoire of moves on offense.

Kinda like how Carmello has one of the most complete offensive games in the league but he was nowhere near as good on offense as Shaq because Shaq was literally unstoppable under the basket despite the around the basket game being his only real offense. imho

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the nature of the position. SFs should have a bigger repertoire while PF/C should be more specialized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree tbh. Duncan did have an excellent post game and superior moves in the post, but Kawhi can score from literally anywhere. Post up, face up, turnaround fadeaways, driving, 3 pointers, etc. I will say Duncan had a more elite post game than any 1 particular area of Kawhi's offensive game, but Leonard is so consistent across the offense that overall he has a larger repertoire of moves on offense.

Kinda like how Carmello has one of the most complete offensive games in the league but he was nowhere near as good on offense as Shaq because Shaq was literally unstoppable under the basket despite the around the basket game being his only real offense. imho
    Yeah...that's decent. I still think it's hard (no ) to quantify that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young Duncan's athletic ability is captured well in this highlight reel from a game during his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I am ready to go there. But I love Leonard. So I really don't want to argue too much LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young Duncan's athletic ability is captured well in this highlight reel from a game during his rookie year.

The thing that made him so special is that he came into the league so polished and dominant on both ends of the floor. Some players you say well they have the tools to one day become a good defender. Tim was dominant as a defender and as an offensive player as a rookie.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...that's decent. I still think it's hard (no ) to quantify that.
    What you cant say "hard" anymore? Geez, whats this world coming to.....no just in case....but geez

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that made him so special is that he came into the league so polished and dominant on both ends of the floor. Some players you say well they have the tools to one day become a good defender. Tim was dominant as a defender and as an offensive player as a rookie.
    TD entered the League as an MVP candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Michael Jordan couldn't be a starter in today's NBA. 3>2.

Shaq wouldn't have a chance. Sure he could score on every trip, but 3>2.

Ok now some other Sleeper Cell crew member say something more stupid than that. Let's keep this going. It's really going to piss off the lifers.

Thread Information