Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to be clear I'm not advocating one way or another. I don't live in SA and am looking to defer to the local experts. I've seen this topic broached at times, but this article that mentions that SA is one of the top seven populated cities in the nation has kindled my interest.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...fying-new-york

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a you cuck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to be clear I'm not advocating one way or another. I don't live in SA and am looking to defer to the local experts. I've seen this topic broached at times, but this article that mentions that SA is one of the top seven populated cities in the nation has kindled my interest.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...fying-new-york
    Simple answer it doesn't have a top 20 metro population. That's the most important stat to look at when it comes to population.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Jerry Jones blocked the Vikes and Saints from moving there and the San Antonio Missions puffy taco mascot gets tackled by a kid each game, shich is infinitely more entertaining than MLB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a poor city, relatively speaking. Also Dallas and Houston have crowded out the field.

When does the season start?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

The nearness of other big cities already having the teams was a factor I had figured could be at the top of the list. I don't think a large metro population is entirely necessary, but it definitely helps. I know in my own experience that going from a a 15-minute drive to a 35-minute drive has dramatically curtailed my sports attendance. Still, I find it a bit of an anomaly that SA never did get that second major sports team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't even sign Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Jerry Jones
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will turn into another Gary Neal, Cory Joseph, Marco Belineli, Aron Baynes, etc.

He's not that good but you stand overrate the out of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a poor city, relatively speaking.
    Who the measures city anything nowadays? What matters is metropolitan size and economy, not city. This isn't the 60s or 70s you ing sterile nitwit.

And just by any metric, you're still ing wrong and your lame ass comment belongs in the year 2002.
    Last edited by TheWriter; 08-17-2017 at 07:32 AM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the measured city anything nowadays? What matters is metro size and economy not city. This isn't the 60s or 70s you ing sterile nitwit.

And just by going any metric, you're ing wrong and your lame ass comment belongs in the year 2002.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say go back to the New York Giants' move to San Francisco before the 1958 baseball season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I lived in the Twin Cities, they had teams for all four major sports. A prevalent theme on their sports radio was that their market was over-saturated. At one point, one of the K-FAN guys cited a study of the cities' optimum numbers for teams; TC was 2.6 IIRC.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, they are thinking about bringing professional soccer here, but I haven't heard anything about that in a long time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, they are thinking about bringing professional soccer here, but I haven't heard anything about that in a long time.
    They brought in a USL team, which is MLS soccer's biggest development arm. I believe there's been instances of teams converting to MLS; but the percent is pretty low. Though, SA probably has a really good shot if the ratings and stadium financing are there. A non-saturated market is a dream scenario for MLS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio already has a Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the measures city anything nowadays? What matters is metropolitan size and economy, not city. This isn't the 60s or 70s you ing sterile nitwit.

And just by any metric, you're still ing wrong and your lame ass comment belongs in the year 2002.
    What the are you talking about? By most any measure San Antonio doesn't compare with many other cities economically. Franchises aren't ing begging to go there because it's a modest city that can only support one team. It's not rocket science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They're about 7th in line to getting MLS. So it's not gonna happen. Cities like Sacramento, Cincinnati, Phoenix are all ahead of SA.

Let's face it. San Antonio is a ty city in terms of media and entertainment. We even get the ty concerts, most artists go to Austin. San Antonio will always be a second-tier city or lower.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're about 7th in line to getting MLS. So it's not gonna happen. Cities like Sacramento, Cincinnati, Phoenix are all ahead of SA.

Let's face it. San Antonio is a ty city in terms of media and entertainment. We even get the ty concerts, most artists go to Austin. San Antonio will always be a second-tier city or lower.
    You would think it'd be in many band's interest to do SA because it's far enough away and Austin is a pretty saturated scene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better this way the Spurs belong to the city and along with that comes great loyalty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better this way the Spurs belong to the city and along with that comes great loyalty.
    Lol no, it's not better this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious why is it that most football fans want to blame Jerry Jones for the reason why SA cannot get a football team.. Is it that we truly reason or is it we don't know have a clue! we hear everyone else say jerry Jones this or that.. What proof is there that he is the reason why SA cannot get a team from the NFL.. I am really just baffled why JJ is the default answer to why NO NFL in SA is the default answer with no proof. I tend to think there is not enough money or plan or attraction to our city. I have lived here my whole like and would love to get another major franchise here I would settle for baseball or soccer. preferably Baseball and I don't even watch baseball. Just curious is all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest money maker for pro sport teams is TV money. Adding the 40th something TV market doesn't add value to the NFL deals.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious why is it that most football fans want to blame Jerry Jones for the reason why SA cannot get a football team.. Is it that we truly reason or is it we don't know have a clue! we hear everyone else say jerry Jones this or that.. What proof is there that he is the reason why SA cannot get a team from the NFL.. I am really just baffled why JJ is the default answer to why NO NFL in SA is the default answer with no proof. I tend to think there is not enough money or plan or attraction to our city. I have lived here my whole like and would love to get another major franchise here I would settle for baseball or soccer. preferably Baseball and I don't even watch baseball. Just curious is all
    Hockey would make the most sense, since ATT Center could double as an arena for it.

Thread Information