Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The thing that's doing chains like Quiznos and Schlotzky's in is their tone-deafness towards the vast majority of the American fast food consumer base, which is extremely price elastic and rates price-to-product value above all other factors... neither are known for their low cost or low-price promotions. Their commercials are all about exquisite taste but they rarely advertise prices, and people going into the store to find out the advertised sub is $11.99 really drives customers away in droves.

Whereas Subway can be expensive, but everyone will always remember ads such as the "Five Dollar Footlong" campaigns from 2008-2013, so Subway is subliminally considered a good price value in the minds of so many, whether this is true or not.
    Solid take. Subway has cornered that low end market. They are ing everywhere. And they're still the cheapest.

What's funny is that they charge $2 more for a salad with the same ingredients as the comparable sandwich. And they try to put the same amount of ingredients in it. That being said, I've never had a Subway person tell me "no" when I've asked for more lettuce or whatever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And all these places still rape you on the drinks. I would hate to have a large family and have to s out $10 for 25 cents worth of drinks.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And all these places still rape you on the drinks. I would hate to have a large family and have to s out $10 for 25 cents worth of drinks.
    Yep. The syrup is incredibly cheap. That's the bulk of the profit margins right there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep. The syrup is incredibly cheap. That's the bulk of the profit margins right there
    And what about the tea? Holy .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I never buy drinks if I'm picking something up for the family. Traditional restaurants are even worse...3 bucks for a glass of ing tea.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah, I never buy drinks if I'm picking something up for the family. Traditional restaurants are even worse...3 bucks for a glass of ing tea.
    At restaurants you should just get water. If you can't get down plain city water, then order it without ice and a couple lemons and use the table sugar at the edge of the table to your advantage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I forgot about Quiznos. I liked them when they came out. But haven't been in about 10 years. I don't see them anywhere.

I actually had a taste for them Friday and got a sub. I hadn't been there in so long I forgot what they had. For some reason Quizno's was sorta forgot about. I guess since Subway started giving toast the roll option, and adding few more hot subs Quizno's became a afterthought being as though hot sandwiches and the fact they toasted the roll was their thing that made them stand out.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I actually had a taste for them Friday and got a sub. I hadn't been there in so long I forgot what they had. For some reason Quizno's was sorta forgot about. I guess since Subway started giving toast the roll option, and adding few more hot subs Quizno's became a afterthought being as though hot sandwiches and the fact they toasted the roll was their thing that made them stand out.
    Damn I thought that chain went under years ago. Speaking of dying sandwich chains, I was surprised to hear Blimpie is still alive too. I used to love that back in the 90s when Subway was crap.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^ Blimpies used to have some really good tuna.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    tuna, eww

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn I thought that chain went under years ago. Speaking of dying sandwich chains, I was surprised to hear Blimpie is still alive too. I used to love that back in the 90s when Subway was crap.

I guess they racked in so much money when they first hit the scene it covers for them now that they aren't as popular. Everybody I talk to seems to have forgot about Quizno's including me. We only have one Blimpie here in MD that I know of.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^ Blimpies used to have some really good tuna.

Wawa also has good Tuna subs. Subway uses that dark meat Tuna which is gross.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1. Quiznos
    2. Jimmy Johns (for cold cuts only)
    3. Subway (average but many decent choices)

Thread Information