San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Duncan

2) Nowitzki
    3) Barkley
    4) Garnett
    5) Malone

6) McHale
    I think Pet should always be included in this discussion because he was the most dominant player in the NBA before Russell and Chamberlain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is only a debate because Duncan played center for many years ... ask who was the better player and its no debate at all
    As far as I am concerned he played Center the final 13 seasons of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Duncan

2) Nowitzki
    3) Barkley
    4) Garnett
    5) Malone

6) McHale
    I'd switch KG with Barkley tbh, Dirk and KG are probably neck and neck but after watching Dirk in 06 and 2011 he is probably the second greatest PF ever.
    Last edited by cd021; 08-30-2017 at 03:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if we're talking raping kids and being a deadbeat dad Malone wins, but otherwise Duncan smokes him in every way.
    Shouldn't matter but it does; him having sex with a 14 year old, getting her pregnant with twins and then peace-outing is a legendary move and outside of Utah a felony. Also had a kid that made it to the NFL and refused to be in his life.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't matter but it does; him having sex with a 14 year old, getting her pregnant with twins and then peace-outing is a legendary move and outside of Utah a felony. Also had a kid that made it to the NFL and refused to be in his life.
    She was 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    although to be fair, they might have started making out when she was 12

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is only a debate because Duncan played center for many years ... ask who was the better player and its no debate at all
    Kevin McHale belongs in the discussion as far as I'm concerned; at least if we're just looking at prime vs. prime.
    I'd put McHale #2 behind Duncan but ahead of Malone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the mailman were south american or mexican Then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Had a distant cousin come back from south America and admitted to banging a 14 year old. I won't even talk to the guy anymore. Creep. The "when in rome" argument doesn't hold up when talking about sex with kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was 13, I remembered it wrong, so it was statutory rape, even in Utah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the mailman were south american or mexican Then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Had a distant cousin come back from south America and admitted to banging a 14 year old. I won't even talk to the guy anymore. Creep. The "when in rome" argument doesn't hold up when talking about sex with kids.
    Pretty amazing that he hasn't been completely vilified for impregnating and a 13 year old and then refusing to take responsibility tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty amazing that he hasn't been completely vilified for impregnating and a 13 year old and then refusing to take responsibility tbh.
    Exactly. It's the main reason I hate the guy.

Malone is at the top of my greatest P.O.S. nba player's of all time list. Others making the list are javares Crittenden and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Malone is at the top of my greatest P.O.S. nba player's of all time list. Others making the list are javares Crittenden and others.
    I forgot who that was tbh. Here's the account of his less lethal gun incident. I thought it was just him and Arenas goofing around but Caron Butler's account is crazy.

It was one of the most unbelievable, mind-boggling sports stories of the 21st century; yet, six years later it’s been largely forgotten, even in the Washington, D.C. area that was captivated by it at the end of the last decade. Now, former Washington Wizards star Caron Butler is sharing his memories of the bizarre gun showdown between Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton that left both suspended for the rest of the 2009-2010 season and essentially ended what had been a promising basketball turnaround in Washington.

In the excerpt, Butler discusses the airplane card game that led to the initial beef — it was all over $1,100 — and the chilling exchange between the two players when they went their separate ways after landing in Washington. “I play with guns,” said Arenas. “I play with guns too,” countered Crittenton.
    Crittenton. (AP)

The rest is from Butler’s Tuff Juice: My Journey from the Streets to the NBA (available now), as excerpted in The Washington Post:
    We had the next day off, but on the following day, December 21, practice started at ten o’clock at the Verizon Center so we all wandered in a little earlier.
    When I entered the locker room, I thought I had somehow been transported back to my days on the streets of Racine. Gilbert was standing in front of his two locker stalls, the ones previously used by Michael Jordan, with four guns on display. Javaris was standing in front of his own stall, his back to Gilbert.
    “Hey, MF, come pick one,” Gilbert told Javaris while pointing to the weapons. “I’m going to shoot your [expletive] with one of these.”
    (USA TODAY Sports Images)

“Oh no, you don’t need to shoot me with one of those,” said Javaris, turning around slowly like a gunslinger in the Old West. “I’ve got one right here.”
    He pulled out his own gun, already loaded, ed it, and pointed it at Gilbert.
    Other players who had been casually arriving, laughing and joking with each other, came to a sudden halt, their eyes bugging out. It took them only a few seconds to realize this was for real, a shootaround of a whole different nature. They all looked at each other and then they ran, the last man out locking the door behind him.
    I didn’t panic because I’d been through far worse, heard gunshots more times than I could count, and seen it all before. This would have been just another day on the south side.
    I talked calmly to Javaris, reminding him that his entire career, not to mention, perhaps, his life, would be over if he flicked that trigger finger.
    (AP)

I looked back at Gilbert. He was silent as he removed himself from the scene.
    Javaris slowly lowered the gun.

I know that Gilbert was thinking, “I went too far. I had a gun pointed at me and it was loaded.”
    Somebody outside the locker room called 911. Flip Saunders was the coach back then, but he was too scared to even come into the locker room.

Arenas would be charged with gun possession and served 30 days in a halfway house. He would be gone within the year and was out of the NBA two seasons later, yet was still the 33rd highest-paid player in the world in 2014 thanks to his (almost) max contract from 2008. As Butler inferred, it was largely assumed at the time that Arenas was making a bad (truly bad) joke by bringing in the guns, something seemingly confirmed by his unbelievably tone-deaf decision to point finger guns in the air during a home introduction after the incident. (That was almost immediately followed by an original “indefinite” suspension.) Gilbert may have played with guns, but he was no gangster.
    Sadly, Crittenton allegedly was.
    The former Georgia Tech star, who was 21 at the time of the incident, never played again in the NBA. He is now serving a 23-year prison sentence for a gang-land shooting gone wrong. The self-admitted Crip missed his target and shot a mother of four, according to prosecutors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot who that was tbh. Here's the account of his less lethal gun incident. I thought it was just him and Arenas goofing around but Caron Butler's account is crazy.
    Javaris was bat crazy. I've seen a special about the murder he committed. He should top the list as the biggest piece of but the Malone elbow to d rob has my list biased a bit.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TBH I don't understand why Malone isn't serving a prison sentence for that crime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan played the defensive end of the floor his whole career, and anchored one of the best historically great defensive units to ever hit the hardwood.
    Yes, the 1999 team has the NBA record (.4016) for lowest opponent field goal percentage for a season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All the racists loved to say Stockton was the dirtiest player in the league. He wasn't even the dirtiest player on his own team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karl Malone is a classless piece of and shouldn't be compared to Tim or David.
    He's lucky he got away with elbowing, without any noticable perminate injury to his victims.
    Now if you want to start a thread how about, "Who is the Bigger Human Turd, Zaza or Karl?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karl Malone is a classless piece of and shouldn't be compared to Tim or David.
    He's lucky he got away with elbowing, without any noticable perminate injury to his victims.
    Now if you want to start a thread how about, "Who is the Bigger Human Turd, Zaza or Karl?
    ZaZa; and it ain't close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Bowen was dirty too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone wins the playoffs match-up tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John stockton was better than isiah thomas, both of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone wins the playoffs match-up tbh
    With who? Tim? Did you watch young Tim destroy Malone?

This thread shouldn't even exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best at what, schtooping minors?

Thread Information