Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently dude IT4 has hips like my grandma ...
    even worse trade than I thought ...
    Wide?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this gets voided

Why Cavs bother ? He's got one year on 7 mil. If the can play half the season, it's still worth it. After this season - Crowder, Zizic and nets pick is great deal for player that don't want to play there anymore. LeBron is leaving, you've got plenty of assets to do fast rebuild.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Hope the Cavs void this shiiiiiiiiiiit!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If this gets voided

Why Cavs bother ? He's got one year on 7 mil. If the can play half the season, it's still worth it. After this season - Crowder, Zizic and nets pick is great deal for player that don't want to play there anymore. LeBron is leaving, you've got plenty of assets to do fast rebuild.
    that for Kyrie a legit star if no it4 you need Tatum or Brown ...
    they were other offers ...onmy sure value is Nets pick ... that trade use it as a starting point to get more from celts or phx etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Hope the Cavs void this shiiiiiiiiiiit!

what is thst from? i think i have seen but cant call it ..

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Bernie Mac in Head of State?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Cavs will make Ainge fork over another pick and complete the deal, imho.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It would have been a sneaky smart move if Cleveland did the deal knowing they could use the injury as a way to either milk Boston of more assets, or to void it and completely up their biggest EC rival before the season even starts. Kyrie is already disgruntled and wants out, so it's not like it really hurts the Cavs in any way. But tbh, nobody in Cleveland upper management is smart enough for like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

I'm disappointed the trade isn't going to fail tbh.
    Since I started this thread, it would have cemented my place in mount Rushmore of jinxers

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i hope rhey give up lakers pick much rather it go to Cleveland ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have no idea. Funny AF though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It would have been a sneaky smart move if Cleveland did the deal knowing they could use the injury as a way to either milk Boston of more assets, or to void it and completely up their biggest EC rival before the season even starts. Kyrie is already disgruntled and wants out, so it's not like it really hurts the Cavs in any way. But tbh, nobody in Cleveland upper management is smart enough for like that.
    Ainge is the sneaky one. Peep this out:

Hope this blows up in his face tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    id balk on renegotiating if the cavs wants more. it's their loss, they can't get a better deal on a player who doesn't want to be there. crowder, Brooklyn 1st and zizic is already a fair haul.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    id balk on renegotiating if the cavs wants more. it's their loss, they can't get a better deal on a player who doesn't want to be there. crowder, Brooklyn 1st and zizic is already a fair haul.
    Ainge has always been an Indian giver. He's been reading the newspapers and finding he got fleeced so I'm sure he had the doctor soldier on this situation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ainge has always been an Indian giver. He's been reading the newspapers and finding he got fleeced so I'm sure he had the doctor soldier on this situation.
    yeah, which is why I would be surprised if he parts with another pick or one of the other prospect (smart, roser) but I think ownership will pressure danny to cave.

most of these picks and pieces were from his previous robbery anyway. why don't you do the nba a solid, danny.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yeah, which is why I would be surprised if he parts with another pick or one of the other prospect (smart, roser) but I think ownership will pressure danny to cave.

most of these picks and pieces were from his previous robbery anyway. why don't you do the nba a solid, danny.
    i think outside the BK PICK, haul is, overrated AF ...
    I called it at time of trade and now reports are they want an additional asset which i was arguing for from the start.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think outside the BK PICK, haul is, overrated AF ...
    I called it at time of trade and now reports are they want an additional asset which i was arguing for from the start.
    There's a lottery too obviously and the record of just like the third through sixth pics is super spotty if you scroll through so could be getting next to nothing for him

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    celts and cavs both cave ...
    cavs should have held out for a late 1st
    Bos should have held their guns if their offer was so impressive and IT4 is fine or will be ...
    glad its done
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-30-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was from the movie Head of State. It's a movie where Chris Rock runs for president and wins. The guy in this clip is Bernie Mac who was Chris' running mate in the movie.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Never mind, the Cavs are just re ed.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Added a 2nd Round pick? What year is that one due? 2020? I knew they'd have to pony up something else with the hip issue. At least the East has 2 viable teams now. May make next season somewhat tolerable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just saw the trade in full. lol celtics tbh.

- brought kyrie as the man on a team where hayward will be the man (more complete player). On a team still inferior to the cavs, so locker room drama is guaranteed.
    - both hayward and kyrie and iso heavy players, I know they have stevens as a coach but still, kyrie won't get the same easy looks as he got by playing with lebronze.
    - gave away a guaranteed top 5 pick (that nets roster is garbage) when it wasn't needed, to a team in desperate need of youth, next year draft is stacked.
    - lost depth in crowder who is a +/++ defender, in a summer in which they lost avery bradley too ... half that lineup doesn't know a thing about defense.
    - cleveland won't mind that midget is injured (tv says he isn't badly injured) as they have depth and they'll probably use him more on the 2nd unit at first.
    - cleveland might flip that pick for something else ... they have some options here.
    - cleveland basically got max value for irving with no leverage...
    - cleveland get back in play for '18 lebron, so the whole boston team of the future idea might be taking a nosedive .. they aren't beating the cavs right now, not with that non-existent rebounding and pedestrian defense.
    - cleveland get lebronze exactly what he wants : someone to defend the perimeter and someone to handle the ball, in order to decrease his load. Playoffs lebron is still the best player in the league.
    - ainge wouldn't move that pick for paul george and jimmy butler who are top 10 two way players but he moved it and a lot more for irving, who has a 20% win rate without lebronze.

The reality is that ainge was probably under some pressure after an underwhelming summer and he jumped on this trade. Ainge is protected from the management as boston have depth and assets and now also big names, but in terms of long term strategy they made a lateral move while greatly helping out their most relevant compe ion ... bad move tbh.
    Ainge ed up IMO. Either Jimmy Butler or Paul George would have been better. You're right, he wouldn't give up that pick for either, but he did for a lesser player (IMO).

Also, I am very interested what you guys think about them using that pick in a trade. A friend of mine was telling me that they want DeMarcus Cousins (first I heard of that was from him). You think if they trade that pick with Crowder and filler that that would be enough to get someone like Cousins? I think Cousins would be a small ball killer and can give the Warriors all kinds of problems (that's why he was a top 3 target for who I wanted the Spurs to go after last trade deadline).
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-31-2017 at 12:08 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was from the movie Head of State. It's a movie where Chris Rock runs for president and wins. The guy in this clip is Bernie Mac who was Chris' running mate in the movie.

knew I seen it ..had some funny moments ...

Thread Information