Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do people realize that this wasn't a straight up Kyrie for Isiah trade? The Celtics added in Jae Crowder, who's a legit top 75 player in the NBA and also the Nets pick. That's a huge haul.

If you aren't a fan of RPM on its own, we can look at BPM, Basketball Reference's all-inclusive rate statistic. Irving ranks 15th (!!) in BPM and 13th in VORP (win value over replacement player). Why is Kyrie rated so poorly when he clearly has an impressive athletic ability? His defense is extremely suspect. In both RPM and BPM, about half of Kyrie's offensive value is sacrificed to his defensive liabilities.

On the flip side, Isaiah Thomas ranks 11th in wins and 13th in RPM; one spot behind Kyrie in each metric. Thus, if Thomas' efficiency continues for the Cavs, they've lost almost no value with the loss of Kyrie. If we add Jae Crowder to the mix, a plus player on both ends of the court, according to RPM and BPM, this trade heavily favors the Cavaliers and they haven't made use of the unprotected Brooklyn pick for next season that will be at least a top five pick. Sure, Crowder is an auxiliary player that doesn't typically create his own shots, but he'll continue to have Thomas along with the best creator in the NBA on his team to help get him efficient looks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Celtics added in Jae Crowder, who's a legit top 75 player in the NBA

So am I dude. I'm legit top 75 too.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people realize that this wasn't a straight up Kyrie for Isiah trade? The Celtics added in Jae Crowder, who's a legit top 75 player in the NBA and also the Nets pick. That's a huge haul.

Do you remember Trenton Hassell and Adrian Griffin? Because that's what Jae Crowder is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Btw i want the Celts to lose this trade ...
    hate those guys but Ainge did well ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you remember Trenton Hassell and Adrian Griffin? Because that's what Jae Crowder is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron thought he wasn't getting the shots before

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The biggest winner here is Kyrie. He got an elite coach, a deep young team and a system that will be built around him. Most importantly, he's the undeniable face of a legendary franchise with a real shot to win an MVP in the next 3 years.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's as big as a haul you can expect in a situation where you must trade your second best player.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Glory be. Glory be in the highest.

He ain't comin' here.

-BLED- remains.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just lol at all this thread ... the cavs are getting enormous value out of their poor situation. Getting rid of kyrie who is an overrated nigballer and getting excellent plaster pieces in return, so they can use their available talent (lebron, love) better against GSW. They're also getting a 30 ppg scorer who won't constantly. Also if lebron leaves they can clean house easily and tank for picks quickly. Just lol, this is a great move by the cavs if it's real.

Also there is this belief that getting the best player is winning the trade, well that is valid for top 10 player not for one way chuckers, especially when talking about already talented teams .. e.g. melo trade. Kyrie is so overrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A+ move for the cavs.

D- for Boston.

two years of kyrie is easily the same value as that brooklyn pick unless boston expects brooklyn to plau much better this year

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    now that he aint heading to SA ...Kyrie a scrub

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If LeBron wins he stays. He loses another Finals he's a Laker.
    You're delusional, Prabhakar. Lebron is not joining a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now that he aint heading to SA ...Kyrie a scrub
    Sounds like Laker fan when a FA goes elsewhere.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just saw the trade in full. lol celtics tbh.

- brought kyrie as the man on a team where hayward will be the man (more complete player). On a team still inferior to the cavs, so locker room drama is guaranteed.
    - both hayward and kyrie and iso heavy players, I know they have stevens as a coach but still, kyrie won't get the same easy looks as he got by playing with lebronze.
    - gave away a guaranteed top 5 pick (that nets roster is garbage) when it wasn't needed, to a team in desperate need of youth, next year draft is stacked.
    - lost depth in crowder who is a +/++ defender, in a summer in which they lost avery bradley too ... half that lineup doesn't know a thing about defense.
    - cleveland won't mind that midget is injured (tv says he isn't badly injured) as they have depth and they'll probably use him more on the 2nd unit at first.
    - cleveland might flip that pick for something else ... they have some options here.
    - cleveland basically got max value for irving with no leverage...
    - cleveland get back in play for '18 lebron, so the whole boston team of the future idea might be taking a nosedive .. they aren't beating the cavs right now, not with that non-existent rebounding and pedestrian defense.
    - cleveland get lebronze exactly what he wants : someone to defend the perimeter and someone to handle the ball, in order to decrease his load. Playoffs lebron is still the best player in the league.
    - ainge wouldn't move that pick for paul george and jimmy butler who are top 10 two way players but he moved it and a lot more for irving, who has a 20% win rate without lebronze.

The reality is that ainge was probably under some pressure after an underwhelming summer and he jumped on this trade. Ainge is protected from the management as boston have depth and assets and now also big names, but in terms of long term strategy they made a lateral move while greatly helping out their most relevant compe ion ... bad move tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I still see this as a better deal for Boston. They basically traded Crowder and Brooklyn's '18 pick for Irving. They were never going to pay IT a max deal. It's a smart investment move. IT's salary will include a whopping $40.8 million on the final year of his contract when he'll be 35 y/o.
    Last edited by StrengthAndHonor; 08-23-2017 at 08:25 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still see this as a better deal for Boston. They basically traded Crowder and Brooklyn's '18 pick for Irving. They were never going to pay IT a max deal. It's a smart investment move. IT's salary will include a whopping $40.8 million on the final year of his contract when he'll be 35 y/o.
    this ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like Laker fan when a FA goes elsewhere.
    i call em scrubs before FA starts ...wont say scrub but pg13, IT4, Boogie Jimmy Butler are vastly overrated as max guys imho.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-23-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Irving will surprise a lot of people. He's been unfairly criticized during the first 2 years of his career. I couldn't imagine a better situation for him. Cavs will be looking at how they traded a Top 10 player at the end of next season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job. You traded away your franchise PG for a midget. Well done..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to get rid of those who want to be gotten rid of. He's not going to help you otherwise. At least that midget will want to win, even if he's a chucker extraordinaire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say Boston wins this. Mostly because they've been garbage at drafting players for the past few years. They get a proven commodity. Haven't turned this haul of Nets picks into anything useful.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    damn boston gets rid of a midget for a 25 year old superstar in a league full of more pussy beta males than ever it's refreshing seeing a player like Killa' Kyrie make this move tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    damn boston gets rid of a midget for a 25 year old superstar in a league full of more pussy beta males than ever it's refreshing seeing a player like Killa' Kyrie make this move tbh
    apparently dude IT4 has hips like my grandma ...
    even worse trade than I thought ...

Thread Information