Vontaze Burfict given 5 games for this hit vs Kansas City's Anthony Sherman:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/2...preseason-game

“I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best,” Burfict said, via Bengals.com. “I feel like I’ve let down my teammates, but I also feel like I’ve done a good job with this. I only had one personal foul last year. We feel like this was a legal hit. I hit him in the shoulder. I hit hard, so it may have looked like I hit him in the head, but it was the shoulder. I helped him up and he said he was good and I asked if he was good on the next series and he said, ‘Yeah, that was a legal hit.’”

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You cannot play football with an over emphasis on safety. It must be.....you know the risks involved so if you do decide to play, it's on you. And that really is it.

To no longer highlight a guy getting creamed....sucks. To play down the violence, sucks. The game is all about violence.

Burfict is a real football player, what a shame he plays today and not back in the day before the game became wussified.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    From a purely FF angle, c'mon Zeke shorten the length of the suspension/from the SJW part...no Domestic Abuse and crimes again'st females should be tolerated...

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    From a purely FF angle, c'mon Zeke shorten the length of the suspension/from the SJW part...no Domestic Abuse and crimes again'st females should be tolerated...
    Any person who falsely accuses somebody of domestic violence is a person who takes attention away from actual domestic violence, and makes it harder for real victims to come forward. They should be treated just the same as people that actually commit DV.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Goodell is a ing cancer to the planet, makes ISIS look like a bowl of sliced fruit in comparison

We all know the league is run by the Rooney (Looney) and Mara Salvatrucha families and the Green Gay investor consortium. So, the Gnats, Squealers, and Pukers will always get extreme favoritism from the league... it makes the league borderline unwatchable sometimes, but it's football so we're forced to watch it

Exhibit A. Squealers' RB Leveon Bell suspended only 3 games last year for a second suspendable drug offense because he "lost his cell phone"? That's 10 games for anyone not on the league's favorite teams.

Exhibit B. Gnats' kicker Josh Brown suspended 1 -- ONE -- game for being convicted of multiple counts of domestic violence. This occurred roughly TWO YEARS after the Ray Rice incident. That's 6 games minimum for anyone not on the league's favorite teams.

Exhibit C. Pukers' linebacker Clay Matthews is found to have used PEDs over the course of multiple seasons. The issue gets swept under the table, and he is not suspended. In addition, Pukers' criminally overrated QB Aaron Rodgers is the most league-protected QB in football. It is well known that their offensive line gets away with by far the most holding penalties in the league, many such holding penalties (including on the final play before the final kick, where illegal holding allowed Rodgers to sit pretty in the backfield and wait an eternity to finally find an open man) cost the Cowboys a chance to host the Falcons in last year's NFC Championship game.

This is intolerable. Something needs to be done. Us fans, the backbone of the league... we must take action. Boycotting is not enough, it is self-damaging passive resistance. No. We must take physical action. Something must be done to change this.

0:36 to 0:48, two separate views.
    Giants Brandon Collins does a knee chop on defenseless receiver Broncos Emmanuel Sanders.
    Bogus cheap hit or spur-of-the-moment he thought Sanders was going to catch the ball?
    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/gi...of-the-broncos

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    0:36 to 0:48, two separate views.
    Giants Brandon Collins does a knee chop on defenseless receiver Broncos Emmanuel Sanders.
    Bogus cheap hit or spur-of-the-moment he thought Sanders was going to catch the ball?
    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/gi...of-the-broncos
    Wasnt a cheap shot. The pass was low and the defender was going for the ball.

Wasnt a cheap shot. The pass was low and the defender was going for the ball.
    I'd say it was inadvertent, and not cheap.
    But still, to be allowed to take out a knee of a receiver like that. Thought that was the whole intent of the Defenseless Receiver rule.
    Yes I know clue all the gladiators who want anything goes.

I'm not dogmatic either way. Just seems like a suck ass way to get a knee blown out.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'd say it was inadvertent, and not cheap.
    But still, to be allowed to take out a knee of a receiver like that. Thought that was the whole intent of the Defenseless Receiver rule.
    Yes I know clue all the gladiators who want anything goes.

I'm not dogmatic either way. Just seems like a suck ass way to get a knee blown out.
    Incidental contact. He was clearly going for the ball. Just a freak play.

Thread Information