Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teddy atlas went in on boxing, idk if u saw it. Hopefully loma/rigo isnt this bad.
    Yup, he went crazy on ESPN. LOL, it was entertaining to watch.

He also went crazy after the Pacquiao fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, he went crazy on ESPN. LOL, it was entertaining to watch.

He also went crazy after the Pacquiao fight.
    Pac did land harder, cleaner punches but he didn't do it in enough rounds. He barely threw any in 3 out of the first 4 rounds and that's where he lost that fight. Teddy's somehow forgot that boxing is scored round by round, not overall. For the GGG fight, as somone else said, if you're going to give the fight to someone cause you're crooked, you'd give it to them 115-113, not something totally suspect like she did. That's incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to rob, why make it obvious by throwing a 118-110 card? Just have it 115-113 and you get the same result without any controversy.
    Exactly. That is precisely why I think it's not "corruption" per se, just a really bad judgment. This is what happens when you determine a winner based on subjective perception. Until an objective scoring system based on operational definitions is implemented, bizarre decisions are going to happen because human judgment is inherently unreliable and highly variable on any dimension. Psychologists can't even find three people who agree on something as trivial as "the ideal shade of green," much less who won a tightly-contested boxing match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pac did land harder, cleaner punches but he didn't do it in enough rounds. He barely threw any in 3 out of the first 4 rounds and that's where he lost that fight. Teddy's somehow forgot that boxing is scored round by round, not overall. For the GGG fight, as somone else said, if you're going to give the fight to someone cause you're crooked, you'd give it to them 115-113, not something totally suspect like she did. That's incompetence.
    Sorry I just don't trust the boxing business anymore. I have seen my share of crooked judges in boxing. Apparently one of the judges even had whiteout on his scorecard.

This idiot had 10-2 which is basically a complete shutout in boxing. Whether she is incompetent or not, the result of this fight smells funny.

BTW, are you actually saying Horn won that fight????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I just don't trust the boxing business anymore. I have seen my share of crooked judges in boxing. Apparently one of the judges even had whiteout on his scorecard.

This idiot had 10-2 which is basically a complete shutout in boxing. Whether she is incompetent or not, the result of this fight smells funny.

BTW, are you actually saying Horn won that fight????
    Yeah I've just seen that many dodgy scorecards over the years, but I wouldn't say it's getting worse - since I've been following it over 20 odd years there often seems to be lopsided ones like that which you can't figure out how they were scored. Honestly, Horn got his ass kicked late, to the point where the fight was just about stopped, but that's not how scoring works. As I said, Pacman was down 3-1 after 4 rounds & didn't win enough of the last 8 decisively enough to say it was beyond doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...

Rematch happens within 5 months, Cinco de mayo at the latest?

Or...

Rematch gets dragged out for any other year while Canelo waits for GGG to fade further?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...

Rematch happens within 5 months, Cinco de mayo at the latest?

Or...

Rematch gets dragged out for any other year while Canelo waits for GGG to fade further?
    Well within the boxing community, rumor has it that there won't be a rematch from Canelo's side. I really hope that's not the case.

Rematch clause was only if Canelo loses.

I rather have GGG beat the sh*t out of Saunders and then fight Canelo either way.

Whatever Golden Boy decides to do, GGG shouldn't sit idle, he should go get the other belt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well within the boxing community, rumor has it that there won't be a rematch from Canelo's side. I really hope that's not the case.

Rematch clause was only if Canelo loses.

I rather have GGG beat the sh*t out of Saunders and then fight Canelo either way.

Whatever Golden Boy decides to do, GGG shouldn't sit idle, he should go get the other belt.
    That was my gut feeling right after the fight, that Canelo would walk way from a rematch, or play games to delay it and make GGG sit and wait. If he does, he's a sucker.

If they fought again (soon), I think GGG would knock him it within 6-8 rounds. He paid him way too much respect early on and wasted early rounds. I think Canelo knows that too, that's why the games will be played to avoid the rematch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my gut feeling right after the fight, that Canelo would walk way from a rematch, or play games to delay it and make GGG sit and wait. If he does, he's a sucker.

If they fought again (soon), I think GGG would knock him it within 6-8 rounds. He paid him way too much respect early on and wasted early rounds. I think Canelo knows that too, that's why the games will be played to avoid the rematch.
    In the meantime, we can enjoy Lomachecko/Rigondeaux and perhaps Bellew/Haye.

Sucks the Ward decided to leave, I really wanted to see Stevenson vs Ward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the meantime, we can enjoy Lomachecko/Rigondeaux and perhaps Bellew/Haye.

Sucks the Ward decided to leave, I really wanted to see Stevenson vs Ward.
    Loma v Rig is going to be great. Someone is a fraud and we're about to find out.

Love Ward, great fighter. But in the end, he didn't fight enough for me. How can only fight 4 times in 5 year during your prime?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loma v Rig is going to be great. Someone is a fraud and we're about to find out.

Love Ward, great fighter. But in the end, he didn't fight enough for me. How can only fight 4 times in 5 year during your prime?!
    You're right, but I wanted to see Ward/Stevenson. Maybe it's all a marketing scam like Floyd did countless of times. Who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y’all see that Jojo Diaz kid? Really good. Looks promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, but I wanted to see Ward/Stevenson. Maybe it's all a marketing scam like Floyd did countless of times. Who knows.
    Man Ward v Stevenson would've been awesome to see. Another case of is he legit (Stevenson)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Ward v Stevenson would've been awesome to see. Another case of is he legit (Stevenson)?
    Ward and Kovalev are way too smart for a fighter who only has a left.

Kovalev destroys Stevenson if they ever fight.
    Last edited by webshad; 09-25-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Thread Information