Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your prediction? Elaborate.

Damn! This seems like two locomotives are about to collide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canelo decision

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canelo by KO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hard one, Canelo was looking sluggish. He's not a lean fighter that balloons 20lbs now, he looked slower albeit bigger the last public training video I saw. I have huge doubts about his stamina.

Golovkin was exposed as more of a gimmick fighter after Jacobs. Canelo should be able to outbox him for as long as his stamina holds up and soak most of his power.

I'd give it to canelo 6/10 times just because I don't think golovkin can stop him unless canelo gasses bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canelo imo, but I can see it going either way; looking forward to this one unlike last weekend's fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GGG will win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard one, Canelo was looking sluggish. He's not a lean fighter that balloons 20lbs now, he looked slower albeit bigger the last public training video I saw. I have huge doubts about his stamina.

Golovkin was exposed as more of a gimmick fighter after Jacobs. Canelo should be able to outbox him for as long as his stamina holds up and soak most of his power.

I'd give it to canelo 6/10 times just because I don't think golovkin can stop him unless canelo gasses bad.
    This has always been my issue with him. To me, it's why he doesn't have that "killer instinct". He's very conservative and rarely risks going for the kill unless it's 100% guaranteed. Not saying he can't knock dudes out with power, but he's just very cautious about going for it, and it makes it frustrating to watch him fight.

This is his biggest fight and if he dominates, or wins all out war style fight, he'll have my respect.

I'm going with GGG in this one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GGG by knockout tbh, I don't think canelo has felt golovkin type of power. Kazakh Thunder tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Lol at ggg being exposed , no one wanted to fight him, he made Lemieux look like he's punches are pointless . Dude has a granite chin , and the best footwork minus lomachenko. ggg cuts the ring of like a maestro. I don't even think he tried against Jacobs or Brooke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at ggg being exposed , no one wanted to fight him, he made Lemieux look like he's punches are pointless . Dude has a granite chin , and the best footwork minus lomachenko. ggg cuts the ring of like a maestro. I don't even think he tried against Jacobs or Brooke
    That was my next question to you all.

Who are the heaviest puncher Canelo faced?

Who are the heaviest puncher GGG faces?

Lemieux can hit like a mofo last I checked. Jacobs is noooo push over like people claim, people blame GGG for not finishing Jacobs, well he's an A level fighter.

This fight has everything for being a good one, one guy likes pushing the tempo and the other guy likes welcoming you in.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm going to go with GGG. Though it'll be a close fight I think it'll be by KO in what should be an epic fight. I'm hoping that it goes into the 10-12 round range, but who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to see how Canelo reacts when he's hit with thundering shots. He's never experienced that in his career. That's why I still have questions about him.

Glad he finally took the fight, even if it's at a catch weight in his favor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That was my next question to you all.

Who are the heaviest puncher Canelo faced?

Who are the heaviest puncher GGG faces?

Lemieux can hit like a mofo last I checked. Jacobs is noooo push over like people claim, people blame GGG for not finishing Jacobs, well he's an A level fighter.

This fight has everything for being a good one, one guy likes pushing the tempo and the other guy likes welcoming you in.

David Lemiuex can punch, idk if anyone saw him KO Stevens but theres the vid regardles, spectacular KO. Couldnt agree more with the bolded tbh, Canelo wants you to come at him so he can blast of his counter combos, and all GGG wants to do is you up. He will use his jab (which is powerful), he wont run away. GGG making boxing great again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now this is a real fight worth watching.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Canelo is only 27? Jesus, that dude started boxing pro when he was like 12 years old.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd not say his footwork is notable in any way other than his constant balance which is what leads to him having a good chin. Besides golovkin's obvious potential in power, nothing about him really exemplifies what you'd expect at mw. He didn't take it easy on Jacob's, I feel, that is simply where he's at right now unless he pulls a Norton and rises to the occasion.

He hasn't really had a defining fight to showcase his ability, canelo probably won't be the fight unless he defied odds with his stamina and speed problems for his current size.

This fight will probably just be decent, I think the "now this is a REAL fight" crowd are ignoring that it's going to just be a clash between a slugger with counter punching and a brawler.
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-31-2017 at 03:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canelo by KO.

I don't even care who wins though. I am just excited about the fight. Finally one worth watching.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GGG imo, and it won't be entertaining. I already have a bet on him at -149

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GGG. Should be an epic fight. If he can't score a knockout, then canelo will win by decision. He's got the home court advantage in vegas. GGG has never fought there. Canelo has fought there 7 times and has a few controversial decisions in his favor there already. Something to consider for sure.

Eastsideboxing Spurs fan bulakenyo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GGG by TKO, rounds 9-11

Or a pretty hard beatdown if Canelo finishes the full 12 rounds.

Golovkin is not the most graceful fighter, not the best handspeed and flurries, also not the best defensively, but he's got some deceptively heavy hands.

Glancing punches seem to hurt opponents pretty bad. Concussive power. Doesnt have to land flush, as long as he hits you often enough to break you down.

Reminds me of a very young Pacquiao in that regard. Pac at around 17 years old, watching Philippine TV Boxing, it always puzzled me how the he keeps hurting his opponents that bad with punches that don't seem that much.

I honestly thought the kid was packing illegal wraps or thumbing his opponents or something. Very odd.

A few fights later, I was convinced the kid had legit punching power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Starting to get hyped for this fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GGG by TKO, rounds 9-11

Or a pretty hard beatdown if Canelo finishes the full 12 rounds.

Golovkin is not the most graceful fighter, not the best handspeed and flurries, also not the best defensively, but he's got some deceptively heavy hands.

Glancing punches seem to hurt opponents pretty bad. Concussive power. Doesnt have to land flush, as long as he hits you often enough to break you down.

Reminds me of a very young Pacquiao in that regard. Pac at around 17 years old, watching Philippine TV Boxing, it always puzzled me how the he keeps hurting his opponents that bad with punches that don't seem that much.

I honestly thought the kid was packing illegal wraps or thumbing his opponents or something. Very odd.

A few fights later, I was convinced the kid had legit punching power.
    Even GGG's jabs are brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This damn fight single-handedly doubled the cost of my bachelor party

Thread Information