Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saved enough money to have both the Genesis and SNES and they both had their plus moments. But that Shinobi was always one of my go-to at the arcades. Loved that game at the local Strawhat Piza joint (local chain) and loved that game for how many quarters spent. That and SFII (Turbo Edition) and MKII took a good swath of my future college savings .
    I think my GOAT arcade games were:

1. Shinobi
    2. Mortal Kombat II
    3. Street Fighter 2 and its various versions (like you said, Turbo was the best)
    4. Double Dragon (the NES port was such crap)
    5. Zaxxon
    6. Galaga
    7. Golden Axe
    8. Ninja Turtles
    9. Daytona USA (since that machine was expensive AF you never saw this one at the ice house )
    10. Ms Pac Man

I still remember the day my friend and I kicked the Double Dragon machine when it didn't take my quarter and it started giving a free credit every time. So we got about $5 worth of continues off that one quarter and beat the game. Before that day I don't think I had ever been past the second stage. ing Willie with the machine gun would have driven me nuts if I was paying 25 cents every time he shot me.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-12-2017 at 04:03 PM.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think my GOAT arcade games were:

1. Shinobi
    2. Mortal Kombat II
    3. Street Fighter 2 and its various versions (like you said, Turbo was the best)
    4. Double Dragon (the NES port was such crap)
    5. Zaxxon
    6. Galaga
    7. Golden Axe
    8. Ninja Turtles
    9. Daytona USA (since that machine was expensive AF you never saw this one at the ice house )
    10. Ms Pac Man
    My list would resemble this. I would add MK III because I was a beast with Kabal and later with Nightwolf. I also would ad Super Sprint. A simple race car game but that game kept me busy while my pops would bet on the ponies at the local quarter horse track.

Mine would go:

1. Shinobi
    2. Street Fighter II (Turbo out of the variations)
    3. Mortal Kombat II - My Kung Lao was pretty hard to beat.
    4. The Simpsons - This one was a must-play for me in its heyday.
    5. Galaga/Centipede - I loved both classic games. The only thing is the Galaga was always broken at the local donut shop we'd play SF II after they removed the Galaga/Centipede.
    6. The Ninja Turtles- At this point, I played the Simpsons more so, but this game was so fun as well. April O'Neil always getting caught. Donatello was my go-to choice.
    7. Super Sprint. I liked the simple format of this Atari-designed race game. Especially when you got 4 drivers to battle it out.
    8. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - I got really good at this game. It was the sunset of my video game playing days. I wax nostalgic on the others because this game was later and I didn't play it as much. But get me on the DMC combo and I could hold serve for hours.
    9. Ghost N' Goblins - This one had a console love to it and so it was aslo fun to play as it was my go-to later at night when at the local bowling alley and as corny as the creepy factor, it was fun.
    10. Virtua Fighter - Not one of the more smoother fighting franchises, but I played this more than the Art of Fighting 2 (Another widely played fighter), but it was supposed to be the "future" of video games, but it was the final game they switched out after SFII at the local doughnut spot by my childhood home. So it got tons of play from me and my crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely worth playing. Completely different developer. It was like an adventure-puzzle game. Way better than the boring platformer on the SNES and more true to the show.
    Cool, I'll have to check it out on emulation. I just wrote off the games after seeing how horrific the SNES one was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My list would resemble this. I would add MK III because I was a beast with Kabal and later with Nightwolf. I also would ad Super Sprint. A simple race car game but that game kept me busy while my pops would bet on the ponies at the local quarter horse track.

Mine would go:

1. Shinobi
    2. Street Fighter II (Turbo out of the variations)
    3. Mortal Kombat II - My Kung Lao was pretty hard to beat.
    4. The Simpsons - This one was a must-play for me in its heyday.
    5. Galaga/Centipede - I loved both classic games. The only thing is the Galaga was always broken at the local donut shop we'd play SF II after they removed the Galaga/Centipede.
    6. The Ninja Turtles- At this point, I played the Simpsons more so, but this game was so fun as well. April O'Neil always getting caught. Donatello was my go-to choice.
    7. Super Sprint. I liked the simple format of this Atari-designed race game. Especially when you got 4 drivers to battle it out.
    8. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - I got really good at this game. It was the sunset of my video game playing days. I wax nostalgic on the others because this game was later and I didn't play it as much. But get me on the DMC combo and I could hold serve for hours.
    9. Ghost N' Goblins - This one had a console love to it and so it was aslo fun to play as it was my go-to later at night when at the local bowling alley and as corny as the creepy factor, it was fun.
    10. Virtua Fighter - Not one of the more smoother fighting franchises, but I played this more than the Art of Fighting 2 (Another widely played fighter), but it was supposed to be the "future" of video games, but it was the final game they switched out after SFII at the local doughnut spot by my childhood home. So it got tons of play from me and my crew.
    Kitana was my character on MK II. There was this one combo you could do that would take out more than half your opponents health if you managed to land a jump kick, and there was nothing the other player could do once you got that first hit in. I think it went something like land a jump kick, then lift the other player off the ground with the fan. Then upper cut, then jump kick while the body is in the air, throw the fans a split second after landing the kick, and then do the dashing air punch before your opponent hits the ground. It took a ton of practice to pull off but it was completely unguardable if you ever got that first jump kick in.

Ghosts N Goblins was too hardcore for me bro. I'd just want to kick the out of the machine when I'd get to that city with all the ladders and the fat s who never moved away from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always got a kick of games with the same le on either system but being completely different with different developers.

There's a video on it too:

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kitana was my character on MK II. There was this one combo you could do that would take out more than half your opponents health if you managed to land a jump kick, and there was nothing the other player could do once you got that first hit in. I think it went something like land a jump kick, then lift the other player off the ground with the fan. Then upper cut, then jump kick while the body is in the air, throw the fans a split second after landing the kick, and then do the dashing air punch before your opponent hits the ground. It took a ton of practice to pull off but it was completely unguardable if you ever got that first jump kick in.

Kitana was OP in MKII. I would probably switch to Sub-Zero if I'd go against a good Kitana player. Only because Kung Lao's teleport allowed him to be caught in the fan tractor move. But my buddy was reliant on Kitana and he'd frustrate me until I started using Mileena on him.

Ghouls N' Ghost did get frustrating. But then I got the hang of the enemies and was soon getting deep into the game on a single credit. I think, though the frustration was definitely there. I liked the challenge. I totally forgot Skate Or Die. That game was also frustrating when the bees were just coming at you.

Ghosts N Goblins was too hardcore for me bro. I'd just want to kick the out of the machine when I'd get to that city with all the ladders and the fat s who never moved away from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man when I look back at the Genesis and Dreamcast it sucks so much not having Sega in the console business any more. They really screwed themselves with Sega CD and 32X. Retailers got sick of carrying their after three flops in a row (factoring in the Saturn) and hence the absolutely legendary Dreamcast sold like crap. You go back and play those games now and Dreamcast demolishes PS1 and has aged much better than PS2. I loved Dreamcast since you got the first really good console version of Daytona USA on it. The Saturn port was terrible. And then Dreamcast's port of Soul Calibur. Then the NBA 2k games back when they were Sega exclusives. Now I want to go buy Sonic Mania after all this Sega talk, it really looks amazing.
    Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive had the most vivid colors ever, PS2 colors are dull, I had Ecco defender of the future and RE Code Veronica for the DC and then sold it to buy a PS2, eventually got those 2 games and the difference was abysmal, but the pro was getting all the other games and a console that was alive.

Sonic Mania is really incredible, stages are huge sometimes 10 minutes is not enough to explore them if you want to get the emerald, also that emerald bonus is hard as after the 3rd stage.
    That guy Crhristian Whitehead is sick, is not just a regular Sonic game, it has new items, new spins to old designs, and new level designs too, and the colors are like something made in 1993 with superb quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I can't believe Sega never put out the original Shinobi arcade on Genesis. Had they done that I would have for sure picked Genesis over SNES. That to me was the GOAT arcade game. I played that game constantly on my computer once System16 emulation got good in the late 90s.
    Revenge of Shinobi was the though.. That music brings me back.. I believe the same guy who did Streets of Rage.

The early versions had Superman, Batman, and Godzilla as bosses iirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the NES you schmuck
    Oh damn so the SNES was the tier console that had that ty super
    Mario game and no duck hunt

Genesis superiority is even more loosided

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh damn so the SNES was the tier console that had that ty super
    Mario game and no duck hunt

Genesis superiority is even more loosided
    If you say so.. I guess the additional 20 million units the SNES sold were coincedental

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i know is when the 32x came out it was garbage.
    When the sega cd came out it was garbage.
    Snes didn't have to make crap add-ons to try and save its console..the library of games took care of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32x and Sega CD were pure trash.. I owned the Sega CD unfortunately.. 32X i used to rent to play Doom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL back then some kid bought two 32x's and would attach them together in one console.
    He told everyone he was playing a 64 bit Genesis.
    What a bucket of turds he was...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about when the n64 had that add on at the bottom of the console...that was a load of rubbish, don't get me started with t he memory upgrade for the slot on top that u can buy...that was another load of

Thread Information