Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    son I know your basketball takes need work so here is the football analogy:
    magic is like zidane.. controls the game, get the stats, but doesn't stop the ball from moving while still having many individual moments. They can play with many systems or players and will always contribute without choking the rest of the team of possessions.
    cp3 is like misty, more skilled individually (dribbling, moves, runs) but s need their own damn ball, cookie cutter systems to win and some stars might get annoyed with not getting touches

keep up the good work on this forum tbh

I vividly remember deron williams bodying cp3 because he understood cp3 was too attached to the ball.

won finals with injured kareem, a geriatric kareem and dragged a trash roster to the finals. he also won against historic teams although he had some stinkers.
    very fair 84 was horrid ...and it waant the only stinker but he had more great ones than ty ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though he was not a PG, Bird was a better playmaker than Magic, really made great assists in tight spaces.

Magic's passing is overrated tbh, laser passes to teammates wiiiiiide open under the basket, unnecessary "no look" passes on 3 on 1 fast breaks.

Put a good tall defender like Rodman on him and he does nothing tbh.

Entry pass to Kareem, dribble dribble, sky hook, assit Magic

CP3 makes DeContract Jordan look like an All Star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though he was not a PG, Bird was a better playmaker than Magic, really made great assists in tight spaces.

Magic's passing is overrated tbh, laser passes to teammates wiiiiiide open under the basket, unnecessary "no look" passes on 3 on 1 fast breaks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

shut your pie hole ...before Lebron Bird was the best passing SF ever ...
    but he still aint as good a passer as magic.
    your summary of his passing in favor of Paul's wide ass open lobs off pnr ...is akin to..
    dat dumb ass Lonzo ball saying Future and Migos is better than Nas ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lonzo also said 21savage album better than jayz 4:44
    hope plays better than his music choices ...
    his girl is fine though...always liked female soccer players the non ones ..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tbh, Nas probably released the most garbage of all the acclaimed rappers. Other than Illmatic and a few singles here and there, his discography was weak. Jay was being generous with the "one hot album every ten year average"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh, Nas probably released the most garbage of all the acclaimed rappers. Other than Illmatic and a few singles here and there, his discography was weak. Jay was being generous with the "one hot album every ten year average"
    he has a few stinkers his collabo with genuine he refises to ackowledge when he performs live .but stilmatic hip hop is dead and life is good would be classics for anyone in the game today outside kanye cole King Kendrick and maybe Drake.
    jayz,has some garbage too including in my liftime vol 1...blueprint 2 kingdom come and the one before this one tbh 444 is real though as was his Kanye collabo ...black album blueprint 1, 3 black album and volume 2-3 are great albums. reasonable doubt a clasic but illmatic only built for cuban linx biggies albums midnight marsuders enter the 36, liwuid swords were all better tbh around that time the infamous by mobb deep and dmx its dark and is hot all better than doubt to me. of course cant forget snoop dre and outkast had better albums to start than jay he just did it well longer ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-12-2017 at 07:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope CIA dumbass hasn't ruined Murray by forcing him to try to play just like CP0, Pops all time favorite pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbrook is a PG or at least designated as one ... nice try ...you said SG ...stop acting feminine again ...
    if Duncan is a PF than Russ is a PG by same standards
    Russ is a SG. Just like Duncan was a PF no matter what you list him as.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP0 is one of the most overrated players of all time, tbh. His legacy will be as a playoff choker who spent his career padding stats and turning his teammates into scapegoats.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "end being"

Gimp still trying to pretend he's a fob after 10 years of message boarding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Numbers wise, Chris Paul compares to players like Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, and Oscar Robertson, but the common knock on CP3 is that he never led his team past the second round.

When you compare him to players like the three mentioned, and use the ring argument, it's lazy. West went 1-8 in the finals when the league has like 8 teams. he finally broke through when Russell was old and he had the most staked team in NBA history. CP3 never had that type of team in his career, but some of that is his own doing (see later).

Kobe won 5 rings, and again, all stacked teams, 3 as a clear cut second banana, and 2 as the second banana numbers-wise. If CP3 played with prime Shaq, or the most dominating front line in the league and failed to ring, then the onus is on him, but Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan (not to mention Rivers as coach) is no MVPau/Odom/Bynum level of talent. Without that level of talent, Kobe not only didn't get past the 2nd round, he couldn't even get past the 1st.

Finally, the Big O really was the Big O ( les-wise) for most of his career, until he got Kareem, the GOAT before Jordan came along. He was a perennial loser until he got traded to the Bucks. He could lead the Royals anywhere during his prime.

The only player CP3 compares to numbers wise who won rings as the clear cut alpha was Magic. And Magic's teams were staaaaaaacked.

That said, CP3's teams were NOT stacked because of him, yes he hands out a lot of assists, but he dominates the ball all day every day. Stopping him in the playoffs is easy because he just take the ball out of his hands and his team stalls. Rivers should have developed some sort of offense outside of CP3 pounding the ball, such as having Griffin initiate a respectable offense.

Things would be different in Houston. It would be difficult to stop both CP3 and Harden as both of them are excellent in initiating the offense, the only question is whether D'antoni can put things together where both of them would be happy, get their share of touches, and can keep the defense guessing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rivers should have developed some sort of offense outside of CP3 pounding the ball, such as having Griffin initiate a respectable offense.
    That would have required CP0 to willingly give up control, and that just wasn't going to happen. Like Peyton Manning was, he's an egomaniac who would rather lose his way than win and risk anyone else getting the credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would have required CP0 to willingly give up control, and that just wasn't going to happen. Like Peyton Manning was, he's an egomaniac who would rather lose his way than win and risk anyone else getting the credit.
    DeDunkey can't create his shot
    Crawford is a 24/7 chucker
    Red is a spot up shooter
    Blake ain't bad when he is not injured

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Numbers wise, Chris Paul compares to players like Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, and Oscar Robertson, but the common knock on CP3 is that he never led his team past the second round.

When you compare him to players like the three mentioned, and use the ring argument, it's lazy. West went 1-8 in the finals when the league has like 8 teams. he finally broke through when Russell was old and he had the most staked team in NBA history. CP3 never had that type of team in his career, but some of that is his own doing (see later).

Kobe won 5 rings, and again, all stacked teams, 3 as a clear cut second banana, and 2 as the second banana numbers-wise. If CP3 played with prime Shaq, or the most dominating front line in the league and failed to ring, then the onus is on him, but Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan (not to mention Rivers as coach) is no MVPau/Odom/Bynum level of talent. Without that level of talent, Kobe not only didn't get past the 2nd round, he couldn't even get past the 1st.

Finally, the Big O really was the Big O ( les-wise) for most of his career, until he got Kareem, the GOAT before Jordan came along. He was a perennial loser until he got traded to the Bucks. He could lead the Royals anywhere during his prime.

The only player CP3 compares to numbers wise who won rings as the clear cut alpha was Magic. And Magic's teams were staaaaaaacked.

That said, CP3's teams were NOT stacked because of him, yes he hands out a lot of assists, but he dominates the ball all day every day. Stopping him in the playoffs is easy because he just take the ball out of his hands and his team stalls. Rivers should have developed some sort of offense outside of CP3 pounding the ball, such as having Griffin initiate a respectable offense.

Things would be different in Houston. It would be difficult to stop both CP3 and Harden as both of them are excellent in initiating the offense, the only question is whether D'antoni can put things together where both of them would be happy, get their share of touches, and can keep the defense guessing.
    a lot of excuse making ... at his peak Blake gave u less polish but better transition finisbes and similar if not superior playmaking to prime Pau
    Jordan has no low post game but is a better rebounder and rim protector than anyone Kobe played with post Shaq. The numbers say CP3 is a goat level PG yet he cant make WCF with that kind of help?! Sure magic had a stacked team but there isnt the 84 celts or 83 sixers in his path either ...
    you can exagerrate all you want i loved that era but the Kobepau Lakers were no dominant force ... outside the Rox weakest repeat champion i have ever seen. No disrespect but that first le was almost all Hakeem ...

2008-2010 lakers loved them but they wrre far from stacked they had a versatile frontline kobe than ariza or artest ...Fishers old ass was our PG ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great player, but a career loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of excuse making ... at his peak Blake gave u less polish but better transition finisbes and similar if not superior playmaking to prime Pau
    Jordan has no low post game but is a better rebounder and rim protector than anyone Kobe played with post Shaq. The numbers say CP3 is a goat level PG yet he cant make WCF with that kind of help?! Sure magic had a stacked team but there isnt the 84 celts or 83 sixers in his path either ...
    you can exagerrate all you want i loved that era but the Kobepau Lakers were no dominant force ... outside the Rox weakest repeat champion i have ever seen. No disrespect but that first le was almost all Hakeem ...

2008-2010 lakers loved them but they wrre far from stacked they had a versatile frontline kobe than ariza or artest ...Fishers old ass was our PG ...
    It's a joke trying to compare griffin and deandre to those other greats. Those two are all star caliber, not all time greats. And I not sure why you got things mixed up. You don't use shaq and Dandre. Ones the allhathe other is the third option. You compare Kobe with the likes of griffin and deandre.

As for MVPau, he was just a perfect fit, he's what griffin should work towards but wasn't able to. The other thing peoplekept overlooking was that it wasn't just MVPau, it's odom and Bynum as well that frontline was massive. Was it the weakest repeat champ? I'd agree with you that they are other than the rockets, and even that is debatable because the rockets didn't need a sudden surge of free throws in the four quarter to best a team missing its starting centre in a game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul isn't just a loser - he's someone who actively seeks out a situation in which to lose on a big stage and avoids situations where he's expected to actually win past the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him and deron couldve been something special, the later got fat and unmotivated to improve...

both clowns

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Paul isn't just a loser - he's someone who actively seeks out a situation in which to lose on a big stage and avoids situations where he's expected to actually win past the 2nd round.
    He also makes sure to surround himself with easy scapegoats who the casual fan will blame for his teams' underachievement. Teaming up with Frauden is actually a genius move on CP0's part. Frauden's personality and game are so unappealing to the average fan that he will get all the blame for their playoff failures regardless of what actually happens.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a joke trying to compare griffin and deandre to those other greats. Those two are all star caliber, not all time greats. And I not sure why you got things mixed up. You don't use shaq and Dandre. Ones the allhathe other is the third option. You compare Kobe with the likes of griffin and deandre.

As for MVPau, he was just a perfect fit, he's what griffin should work towards but wasn't able to. The other thing peoplekept overlooking was that it wasn't just MVPau, it's odom and Bynum as well that frontline was massive. Was it the weakest repeat champ? I'd agree with you that they are other than the rockets, and even that is debatable because the rockets didn't need a sudden surge of free throws in the four quarter to best a team missing its starting centre in a game 7.
    wasnt comparing anyone to Shaq ..
    Blake has absolutely had a comparable career to Pau ...i woild give Gasol the edge but at both their peaks a case can be easily made for Griffin who has two career highlight dunks on Pau ...even if one was a not called offensive foul. Agsin even if your argument is Kobe won becsuse of his versatile frontline ...we aint even asking gor Cp3 to rang ...all we are asking of Paul is to make the WCF. Dwill made it with Milsap and Boozer, Kiwi with Lasoftus and past his prime Gasol, Harden with Dwight etc
    Stop makibg excuses he overdribbles and in the playoffs he is all world in games 1-4 but found wanting in games 5-7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasnt comparing anyone to Shaq ..
    Blake has absolutely had a comparable career to Pau ...i woild give Gasol the edge but at both their peaks a case can be easily made for Griffin who has two career highlight dunks on Pau ...even if one was a not called offensive foul. Agsin even if your argument is Kobe won becsuse of his versatile frontline ...we aint even asking gor Cp3 to rang ...all we are asking of Paul is to make the WCF. Dwill made it with Milsap and Boozer, Kiwi with Lasoftus and past his prime Gasol, Harden with Dwight etc
    Stop makibg excuses he overdribbles and in the playoffs he is all world in games 1-4 but found wanting in games 5-7.
    I know you are not as stupid as saying highlight dunks would factor into evaluation of players careers, so I'm not going to even acknowledge that, otherwise you'd start talking about all star game blocks as evidence of player dominance.

As for CP3, I agree he over dribbles and makes it easy for good teams with a defensive plan to stop them in the playoffs but you can't use other players under totally different cir stances as evidenced of anything. DWill did it once with jerry Sloan as his coach and went through the rockets and a Cinderella warriors. The mavs would have destroyed them if they didn't choked in the first round.

Kawhi is clearly one of the best players the last few years and the league is incredibly weak other than the top2 or 3 teams in the league, it's easy to make conference finals as LONG as you can avoid those teams. Same with harden.

I think CP3 will never win a championship as the best player of the team, but his style of play is way too ball dominant for him to be a second fiddle player. We will see how he shares the ball with harden this year, I want to see how dantoni can make the two share the ball this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know you are not as stupid as saying highlight dunks would factor into evaluation of players careers, so I'm not going to even acknowledge that, otherwise you'd start talking about all star game blocks as evidence of player dominance.

As for CP3, I agree he over dribbles and makes it easy for good teams with a defensive plan to stop them in the playoffs but you can't use other players under totally different cir stances as evidenced of anything. DWill did it once with jerry Sloan as his coach and went through the rockets and a Cinderella warriors. The mavs would have destroyed them if they didn't choked in the first round.

Kawhi is clearly one of the best players the last few years and the league is incredibly weak other than the top2 or 3 teams in the league, it's easy to make conference finals as LONG as you can avoid those teams. Same with harden.

I think CP3 will never win a championship as the best player of the team, but his style of play is way too ball dominant for him to be a second fiddle player. We will see how he shares the ball with harden this year, I want to see how dantoni can make the two share the ball this year.
    the dunks wete ancedotal ...i said comparable careers...and I stand by that ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonzo also said 21savage album better than jayz 4:44
    hope plays better than his music choices ...
    his girl is fine though...always liked female soccer players the non ones ..
    Every basic white girl for a nikka is hot though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the dunks wete ancedotal ...i said comparable careers...and I stand by that ..
    MVPau > griffin and it's not even close. Individual accolades and statistics shows as such.

Thread Information