Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you are not as stupid as saying highlight dunks would factor into evaluation of players careers, so I'm not going to even acknowledge that, otherwise you'd start talking about all star game blocks as evidence of player dominance.

As for CP3, I agree he over dribbles and makes it easy for good teams with a defensive plan to stop them in the playoffs but you can't use other players under totally different cir stances as evidenced of anything. DWill did it once with jerry Sloan as his coach and went through the rockets and a Cinderella warriors. The mavs would have destroyed them if they didn't choked in the first round.

Kawhi is clearly one of the best players the last few years and the league is incredibly weak other than the top2 or 3 teams in the league, it's easy to make conference finals as LONG as you can avoid those teams. Same with harden.

I think CP3 will never win a championship as the best player of the team, but his style of play is way too ball dominant for him to be a second fiddle player. We will see how he shares the ball with harden this year, I want to see how dantoni can make the two share the ball this year.
    I was following you until you said it's easy to make the conference finals because the league is weak. I could see that if 3 NBA teams won 10+ more games than any other team, but then you'd be saying that, for those three teams it's easy to make the conference finals. So i am not sure what you're saying. Is it easy for the weak teams to make the conference finals? Or are there more non-weak teams who can easily make the conference finals? There should only be 4 teams who can easily make the conference finals. The rest will have to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was following you until you said it's easy to make the conference finals because the league is weak. I could see that if 3 NBA teams won 10+ more games than any other team, but then you'd be saying that, for those three teams it's easy to make the conference finals. So i am not sure what you're saying. Is it easy for the weak teams to make the conference finals? Or are there more non-weak teams who can easily make the conference finals? There should only be 4 teams who can easily make the conference finals. The rest will have to lose.
    It's easy as in if you are on one of the three teams. The rest of the teams were horrible.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Every basic white girl for a nikka is hot though...
    she looks good to me far from basic and i aint what most would consider a nikka though i do have some african heritage in my blood line ... my grandla was from Honduras my mom speaks fluent Spanish ...i only dated one white girl but she was closer ti basic but her huge breasts and pretty eyes sucked me in.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MVPau > griffin and it's not even close. Individual accolades and statistics shows as such.
    individual accolades like what?
    both won roty
    both are more 2nd team all nba than first team caliber.
    blake has the same number of all nba teams made as Pau ...in less seasons.
    he averages more pts, assists (surprising Pau considered one of the best passing bigs ever), better FG% more steals same reb average for their careers
    Pau has him beat on Fts and 3pt% and blocks
    i think blake (2014?) has finished higher in mvp voting than Pau ever has ..

not disagreeing Pau had the better career ...
    said they are comparable and at bothpeaks a case can be made Blake is better
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-18-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Every basic white girl for a nikka is hot though...
    Oh come on man, for a latina, his girl is ing gorgeous.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh come on man, for a latina, his girl is ing gorgeous.
    i didnt know what shec was but she is cute to me ...nice curves, cute face maybe not gorgeous but legit pretty.
    dudes on here acting like they can do better when they couldnt even had her plain jane asian friend on the show ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-18-2017 at 07:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt know what sheceas but she is cute ro me nice curves cute face maybe not gorgeous but legit pretty.
    dudes on here acting lime they can do better when maby couldnt even nad her plain jane asian friend on the show ...
    Jesus ... use spell check

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    individual accolades like what?
    both won roty
    both are more 2nd team all nba than first team caliber.
    blake has the same number of all nba teams made as Pau ...in less seasons.
    he averages more pts, assists (surprising Pau considered one of the best passing bigs ever), better FG% more steals same reb average for their careers
    Pau has him beat on Fts and 3pt% and blocks
    i think blake (2014?) has finished higher in mvp voting than Pau ever has ..

not disagreeing Pau had the better career ...
    said they are comparable and at bothpeaks a case can be made Blake is better
    Things like all-star games are very similar, but MVPau competed against Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Webber, Dirk, young Lebron, end of peak Pierce, Yao Ming, and over the hill Shaq for those All-NBA and all-star teams, Griffin was competing against a bunch of over the hill legends.

Blake made all-nba 2nd team the same year Kevin Love and Bynum did. Sure there were greats like James and Durant, or even a peak Howard (underrated at his peak), but it's extremely top heavy. I mean, for Pete's sake, Duncan got on All-NBA 1st team in 2013 when he was like 36 years old.

It is just a different era during the transition of a big dominated to a small dominated league.

The most important thing though, is that MVPau has shown to be able to lead two championship teams in most advanced statistics. Something Griffin will likely never be able to accompslish.

MVPau was the better passer, team defender, low post scorer, and overall leader. Griffin became a better outside shooter eventually, but MVPau is really good at that as well. Griffin is also better off the dribble and clearly a better finisher on the break.

In terms of individual accomplishments, MVPau > Griffin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Things like all-star games are very similar, but MVPau competed against Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Webber, Dirk, young Lebron, end of peak Pierce, Yao Ming, and over the hill Shaq for those All-NBA and all-star teams, Griffin was competing against a bunch of over the hill legends.

Blake made all-nba 2nd team the same year Kevin Love and Bynum did. Sure there were greats like James and Durant, or even a peak Howard (underrated at his peak), but it's extremely top heavy. I mean, for Pete's sake, Duncan got on All-NBA 1st team in 2013 when he was like 36 years old.

It is just a different era during the transition of a big dominated to a small dominated league.

The most important thing though, is that MVPau has shown to be able to lead two championship teams in most advanced statistics. Something Griffin will likely never be able to accompslish.

MVPau was the better passer, team defender, low post scorer, and overall leader. Griffin became a better outside shooter eventually, but MVPau is really good at that as well. Griffin is also better off the dribble and clearly a better finisher on the break.

In terms of individual accomplishments, MVPau > Griffin.
    You said it was not close. i proved it was ...
    we both agree that Pau had the bettter career but also had the better team he had Kobe, Blake had Paul
    You in fact, harped on what a versatile front line Lakers had plus he had Kobe so of course pau had more playoff success, duh.
    Both played with ball dominant guards ...same career boards similar Fg% ...comparable.
    as great as a passer as Pau is Blake averages more assists.

but lets take it back to CP3 ...if you swap Pau and Blake does he make the WCF?
    because thay was my point he had help even if Pau is better than Blake or Bynum than deandre ...
    he had enough help to make wcf.

in fact you made my case for me ... so since it was easier for Blake to make all nba in his era oppsed to Pau's
    Shouldnt a trip to the WCF be easier cp3 with Duncan and Dirk in decline?
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-19-2017 at 03:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said it was not close. i proved it was ...
    we both agree that Pau had the bettter career but also had the better team he had Kobe, Blake had Paul
    You in fact, harped on what a versatile front line Lakers had plus he had Kobe so of course pau had more playoff success, duh.
    Both played with ball dominant guards ...same career boards similar Fg% ...comparable.
    as great as a passer as Pau is Blake averages more assists.

but lets take it back to CP3 ...if you swap Pau and Blake does he make the WCF?
    because thay was my point he had help even if Pau is better than Blake or Bynum than deandre ...
    he had enough help to make wcf.

in fact you made my case for me ... so since it was easier for Blake to make all nba in his era oppsed to Pau's
    Shouldnt a trip to the WCF be easier cp3 with Duncan and Dirk in decline?
    Other than he fact that the wing positions were loaded and the league totally changed the rules to make it a perimeter game.

MVPau was better and it's not close. Leading a team to two championships is something griffin is not likely to ever do.

Swap Blake with MVPau wouldn't do much but the issue isn't the players. I really believe it's Rivera.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Other than he fact that the wing positions were loaded and the league totally changed the rules to make it a perimeter game.

MVPau was better and it's not close. Leading a team to two championships is something griffin is not likely to ever do.

Swap Blake with MVPau wouldn't do much but the issue isn't the players. I really believe it's Rivera.
    stop revising history.
    Pau didnt lead any championship teams.
    So the crux of your argument is based on a fallacy based on selection biased data
    only on Spurstalk is Pau raised to such heights. on LG he is underrated.
    Really would love to hear an unbiased opinion from a solid poster.
    Amb is not that man obviously ...

Pau had great post skills a high bball IQ great passer ...but he is not far better than prime Blake thats bull .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    stop revising history. Pau didnt lead any championship teams.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the other Pau acolyte ...
    wanna bash Kobe so bad gotta prop Gasol. Whatever Kobe debates are so 2012 ...
    but we already know you and Amb are in agreement on that bull ...both are delusional but hey enjoy idgaf.

So why not weigh in here CN is Pau so much better than Blake ...that its not even close?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop revising history.
    Pau didnt lead any championship teams.
    So the crux of your argument is based on a fallacy based on selection biased data
    only on Spurstalk is Pau raised to such heights. on LG he is underrated.
    Really would love to hear an unbiased opinion from a solid poster.
    Amb is not that man obviously ...

Pau had great post skills a high bball IQ great passer ...but he is not far better than prime Blake thats bull .
    You can go all emo and stuff. But numbers don't lie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can go all emo and stuff. But numbers don't lie.
    lol pot meet kettle
    kobe had the higher per scored more pts ...
    plus according to my math 2>0 Finals mvps
    those numbets dont lie ...
    but you are off topic we talking cp3, blake and Pau are secodary ... your obsession is irrelevant and has been for 5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol pot meet kettle
    kobe had the higher per scored more pts ...
    plus according to my math 2>0 Finals mvps
    those numbets dont lie ...
    but you are off topic we talking cp3, blake and Pau are secodary ... your obsession is irrelevant and has been for 5 years
    FMVP are subjective measures as they are voted by people. It really is a shame as Kobe is the only FMVP in 30 years not to lead his own team in WS, and he got it twice! In some ways, I admire his ability to manipulate the narrative to steal credit for some body else's work, it's not unlike how the corporate world works really.

Buddy, you wanted to go down this route. CP3 numbers are great, but his style of play leads to less than expected playoff results, we both agree on that. The thing is that he really never had the team to take him to the promised land (mostly a coach to tell him to actually share the playmaking).

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's sad that a so-called "Laker fan" can't appreciate a player who led the Lakers to two rings, tbh. MVPau was a legend.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FMVP are subjective measures as they are voted by people. It really is a shame as Kobe is the only FMVP in 30 years not to lead his own team in WS, and he got it twice! In some ways, I admire his ability to manipulate the narrative to steal credit for some body else's work, it's not unlike how the corporate world works really.

Buddy, you wanted to go down this route. CP3 numbers are great, but his style of play leads to less than expected playoff results, we both agree on that. The thing is that he really never had the team to take him to the promised land (mostly a coach to tell him to actually share the playmaking).
    You missed the point again.
    I never said he needed to lead them to the promised land just the WCF.
    Not everyone can rang ...but an all time great PG cant reach a conference Finals?!
    Nash made one with Amare in the Blake/Pau role ...
    Dwill the same with milsap and or Boozer and he is not a good a PG as either guy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's sad that a so-called "Laker fan" can't appreciate a player who led the Lakers to two rings, tbh. MVPau was a legend.
    you aint worth half a bar ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

you like win shares some prefer PER ...
    kobe per was higher in both finals iirc but again off subject
    btw Chris paul is 5th all time in per
    just behind Shaq and ahead of ducan yet everyone else in the top 10 led le teams ...much less a conference Finals trip ...except he and recent Hofer McGrady ...smh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My bad barkley hasnt rang either he is also all time top 2
    10 in PER but he led a team to wcf and nba finals ...
    really only paul and mcgrady have been truly great player who failed to lead a team to the conference Finals in recent memory.
    Even Melo led one ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-20-2017 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the point again.
    I never said he needed to lead them to the promised land just the WCF.
    Not everyone can rang ...but an all time great PG cant reach a conference Finals?!
    Nash made one with Amare in the Blake/Pau role ...
    Dwill the same with milsap and or Boozer and he is not a good a PG as either guy.
    Dude, you have to be kidding to compare those Nash Suns teams to the CP3 Clippers team. The Suns revolutionized NBA offense from 05 onwards, similar to what Daly did to defenses in the 90s, and the reason wasn't just Nash, it's that they had players who all can shoot, dribble and pass. Those Suns team, and in particular D'antoni, are very underrated, especially here at ST.

Dwill really was just a beneficiary of cir stances, they just had to thank the Warriors for knocking out the Mavs that year (and the Spurs had to thank the Warriors as well).

Players like Nique, TMac, Mullin never had much playoff success either. Even Hakeem, Barkley, Ewing, Robinson, and Garnett didn't get much team success until they got the right team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you like win shares some prefer PER ...
    kobe per was higher in both finals iirc but again off subject
    btw Chris paul is 5th all time in per
    just behind Shaq and ahead of ducan yet everyone else in the top 10 led le teams ...much less a conference Finals trip ...except he and recent Hofer McGrady ...smh.
    PER is way overrated. I am not even sure why it's an advanced stat. It's a bunch of traditional stats given certain weights to create one single number.

Players like Bowen had horrible PER, but he was most definitely integral to the success of the Spurs in the mid-00s. Westbrook had the 16th best PER season last year (Wilt, Jordan, Lebron, Curry, Davis, Robinson and Shaq were the only players who had better PER seasons), but there is no way Westbrook season last year was better than Bird's 87, Magic 88, Duncan's 03, or even Garnett's 04 seasons. On that note, Anthony Davis? Really?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    PER is way overrated. I am not even sure why it's an advanced stat. It's a bunch of traditional stats given certain weights to create one single number.

Players like Bowen had horrible PER, but he was most definitely integral to the success of the Spurs in the mid-00s. Westbrook had the 16th best PER season last year (Wilt, Jordan, Lebron, Curry, Davis, Robinson and Shaq were the only players who had better PER seasons), but there is no way Westbrook season last year was better than Bird's 87, Magic 88, Duncan's 03, or even Garnett's 04 seasons. On that note, Anthony Davis? Really?
    its an advanced metric. Winshares is too.
    Jordan is #1 lebron is top 3 Duncan hakeem shaq etc are top 10 ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The whole "they didn't face the Mavs" card to dismiss D-Will's WCF appearance is played out, tbh. The Mavs back then were huge playoff chokers - that's why they lost to the Warriors in the first place. Even if they had avoided that chokejob, it's not like they were somehow incapable of losing to a Jazz team that had won the season series against them that year.

Put CP0 on that Jazz team instead of D-Will and it's questionable that they even get past the Rockets, let alone make it to the WCF.

Thread Information