Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has one of the best regular season metric ever and is one of the very few guards that has truly played at an MVP level for multiple years.

His counting stats fail him and hes obviously not white Like Nash.

but there isnt a lot of players out there that can sustain this level of competiivness let alone a PG.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP0 is one of the most overrated players of all time, tbh. His legacy will be as a playoff choker who spent his career padding stats and turning his teammates into scapegoats.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Paul is definitely underrated. All advance metrics and raw statistics supports Paul as a better point Magic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul is definitely underrated. All advance metrics and raw statistics supports Paul as a better point Magic.
    wut?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    son magic had a ~20 usage rate and put up monster statlines, and had the size to play all positions, which is invaluable. CP3 is a great player and he is underrated but his usage rate is absurd for winning basketball ... tbh he is far from magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son magic had a ~20 usage rate and put up monster statlines, and had the size to play all positions, which is invaluable. CP3 is a great player and he is underrated but his usage rate is absurd for winning basketball ... tbh he is far from magic.
    Which makes AIDS even more overrated.

AIDS Was basically a system player.

Carried by Kareem and James Worthy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this as I said the best PGs ...dont dominate the ball the way he does. He is gifted and i think he makes players better but he doesnt seem to enjoy it as much if he is not the one creating which is why he and Blake did not mesh as well as they should have outside the lob city stuff. its why Blake thrives when Paul gets hurt ...he never truly figured out how to share playmaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this as a said the best PGs ...dont dominate the ball the way he does. He is gifted and i think he makes players better but he doesnt seem to enjoy it ss much if he is not the one creating which is why he and Blake did not mesh as well as they should outside the lob city stuff. its why Blake thrives when Paul gets hurt ...
    is a system player. He played for a very stacked team

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Your logic and conclusions are flawed ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this as I said the best PGs ...dont dominate the ball the way he does. He is gifted and i think he makes players better but he doesnt seem to enjoy it as much if he is not the one creating which is why he and Blake did not mesh as well as they should have outside the lob city stuff. its why Blake thrives when Paul gets hurt ...he never truly figured out how to share playmaking.
    If a PG, who's job is to direct offense, dominating the ball is bad thing, what makes you think a SG having a high usage rate is a good thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a re ed take to sarcastically show that metrics are flawed to push for his love of the eye-test.

But then even that is wrong. Sure Chris Paul had two phenomenal seasons where he had 18.3 and 17.8 ws, both exceeding magic's career best, Magic had better overall seasons when the entire career is taken into account. Magic had stacked teams, and as such, would be responsible for less of the wins overall, but his career overall is clearly better than CP3s. Similar is true for VORP and BPM.

The reason for those "better" peak seasons is simply due to the way the systems are set up, and CP3 was the Hornets for a few years, where that led to nothing to show for, while Magic being the man on the Lakers led to two championships, arguably three.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    booyah.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If a PG, who's job is to direct offense, dominating the ball is bad thing, what makes you think a SG having a high usage rate is a good thing?
    , amb ... stay on topic ...
    im old school a pg is supppsed to give unselfishly ...
    scorers are supposed to score the player you are obsessed had known problems sharing ...
    So isnt it more of a sin for a PG to have a similar usage rate to a shot hog?!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    cp3 had two ofcthe best rim runners and arguably two of the most athletic bigs while with the Clips
    plus one of the better shooters off screens in recent years ...and a supposed hof coach while overrated great at inbound plays
    the metrics say he should be a God level PG yet he couldbt even reach the WCF while a lessor PG like Dwill with less talent made the wcf in the same era iirc...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my nicca amb is like my cousin that always brings up her ex ...
    let it go, its been two years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , amb ... stay on topic ...
    im old school a pg is supppsed to give unselfishly ...
    scorers are supposed to score the player you are obsessed had known problems sharing ...
    So isnt it more of a sin for a PG to have a similar usage rate to a shot hog?!
    I wouldn't call that similar. We are talking about historical levels.

my nicca amb is like my cousin that always brings up her ex ...
    let it go, its been two years
    I rarely chime in on Westbrook but dude is overrated.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

No doubt in my mind that Magic gets us at least one ring. CP0 couldn't even lead us past Round 2.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

No doubt in my mind that Magic gets us at least one ring. CP0 couldn't even lead us past Round 2.
    magic with healthy blake would, have been filthy the brst of showtime with Lobcity?!
    red would be poor man's Byron and deandre would of been the big man version of Coop ...
    plus magic had to share defer to past his prime but still deadly Kareem he would have no problem letting Blake do his thing ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call that similar. We are talking about historical levels.

I rarely chime in on Westbrook but dude is overrated.
    westbrook is a PG or at least designated as one ... nice try ...you said SG ...stop acting feminine again ...
    if Duncan is a PF than Russ is a PG by same standards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of topic, how high is Nance as a laker priority?

I watched the lakers a lot last year and he's a fantastic glue guy. Smart and hard working defensively, sets solid screens and is a decent passer.

I think he can be a legitimate 7th-8th guy for a championship team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Out of topic, how high is Nance as a laker priority?

I watched the lakers a lot last year and he's a fantastic glue guy. Smart and hard working defensively, sets solid screens and is a decent passer.

I think he can be a legitimate 7th-8th guy for a championship team.
    agree he does all the little things Randle doesnt ... but he must stay healthy and improve his range ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree he dies all the littke things Randle doesnt but he must stay healthy and improve his range ..
    He's never going to be able to improve his range. too much of a bigman game.

He's also in a weird spot because he's a PF and teams are moving away from big PFs.

Do you have any stats if he played any Center Last year and what were the numbers as a centre?

If he can play the C as a great screener and able passer, he can maybe crack the starting lineup for some teams..

I dont know.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's never going to be able to improve his range. too much of a bigman game.

He's also in a weird spot because he's a PF and teams are moving away from big PFs.

Do you have any stats if he played any Center Last year and what were the numbers as a centre?

If he can play the C as a great screener and able passer, he can maybe crack the starting lineup for some teams..

I dont know.
    he played some center in small lineups his dunk onbhis new,teammate Lopez came with him as small ball center and when we play Dubs he does that a lot ...
    dont buy he cannot improve his range fat Gasol Brook Lopez Draymond milsap etc all have done so ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

son I know your basketball takes need work so here is the football analogy:
    magic is like zidane.. controls the game, get the stats, but doesn't stop the ball from moving while still having many individual moments. They can play with many systems or players and will always contribute without choking the rest of the team of possessions.
    cp3 is like misty, more skilled individually (dribbling, moves, runs) but s need their own damn ball, cookie cutter systems to win and some stars might get annoyed with not getting touches

keep up the good work on this forum tbh

I vividly remember deron williams bodying cp3 because he understood cp3 was too attached to the ball.

is a system player. He played for a very stacked team
    won finals with injured kareem, a geriatric kareem and dragged a trash roster to the finals. he also won against historic teams although he had some stinkers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How appropriate that CP0, a soft pussy who flops for a living, is being compared to a povertyball actress

Thread Information