My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, get your hypocritical word hole in here and explain how the media is out to get the Lakers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...-players-51-75

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread, get your hypocritical word hole in here and explain how the media is out to get the Lakers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...-players-51-75
    So?!
    And?!
    wont lie really wish hype would die down .. dude can play but not ready to crown and confirm him best pure PG since Kidd status yet ...
    Tatum probably winning ROTY ...

and no i didnt forget CP3 or Nash both are great leaders but are pound the rock PG the best pass ahead like magic or Kidd
    but at least ball does pass ahead so its a start

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this also means, he has little room for error. he's gonna get roasted if he starts slow, hits a wall mid season or doesn't finish as strong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So?!
    And?!
    wont lie really wish hype would die down .. dude can play but not ready to crown and confirm him best pure PG since Kidd status yet ...
    Tatum probably winning ROTY ...

and no i didnt forget CP3 or Nash both are great leaders but are pound the rock PG the best pass ahead like magic or Kidd
    but at least ball does pass ahead so its a start
    Point isn't about how highly regarded he is with absolutely nothing to back it up, the point is that Thread continues to say how the media has a bone to pick with the Lakers, when it is clear as a highland desert sky that the media loves everything Lakers.

This is but the latest example.

Saying he'd be the best pure PG since Kidd is ridiculous. CP3 and Nash are both pure PGs. They may not play the style you like, but they are pure PGs. They set up the offense as well as anyone and that is the primary job of a PG.

Lonzo looks good so far, not going to lie. I think he obviously has to fix his horrible shot, not that he won't make some of them, but he'd be horribly inconsistent, and if the Lakers have playoff aspirations you can't have your PG/best player be an offensive liability, or at least unreliable offensive player when you HAVE to win 4 of 7. His vision is great, his rebounding is OK. He's not overly athletic but I can see him be a PG version of a Brandon Roy where he can use his smarts and positioning to create situations that are advantageous to the Lakers.

That said, I think he will be lit up regularly on defense though. The Lakers Lakers signing Caldwell Pope is actually one of the more underrated moves in the off season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Carmel ranking is disrespectful tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Point isn't about how highly regarded he is with absolutely nothing to back it up, the point is that Thread continues to say how the media has a bone to pick with the Lakers, when it is clear as a highland desert sky that the media loves everything Lakers.

This is but the latest example.

Saying he'd be the best pure PG since Kidd is ridiculous. CP3 and Nash are both pure PGs. They may not play the style you like, but they are pure PGs. They set up the offense as well as anyone and that is the primary job of a PG.

Lonzo looks good so far, not going to lie. I think he obviously has to fix his horrible shot, not that he won't make some of them, but he'd be horribly inconsistent, and if the Lakers have playoff aspirations you can't have your PG/best player be an offensive liability, or at least unreliable offensive player when you HAVE to win 4 of 7. His vision is great, his rebounding is OK. He's not overly athletic but I can see him be a PG version of a Brandon Roy where he can use his smarts and positioning to create situations that are advantageous to the Lakers.

That said, I think he will be lit up regularly on defense though. The Lakers Lakers signing Caldwell Pope is actually one of the more underrated moves in the off season.
    i didnt say i didnt like their style both are very entertaining to watch but i prefer my PGs not always insist on the assist coming from them.
    i did not say i agree Lonzo is best pG since those guys just saying like them they value the pass ahead which is PG play on its most pure form. where you can dicate pace without the ball in your hand ...when you will outlet even if you only get a hockey assist.
    another example of pure to me is Kiwi ...when locked in he doesnt seek the highlight block or gamble for steals if his,job is to lock down Durant harden Lebron he focuses on his man and though a good theif doesnt gamble like westbrook or CP3 for hero steals or leave his man to pad rebounds or hero blocks.
    Before he had to carry the offense he played d in its purest form ...

you have your definition ofvpure i have mine doesnt mean those guys arent great but id rather have kidd or magic over cp3/nash even though both shoot better than the big PGs

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    With the amount of hype this scrub is getting from Media, he'd better be Magic with Curry's jump shot from day one to justify it. And it's all because he's playing for Media's favorite team.

If Lonzo was drafted by the Suns, Kings or Magic, he and his loudmouth father would already be forgotten. It'd be all Ben Simmons, all the time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With the amount of hype this scrub is getting from Media, he'd better be Magic with Curry's jump shot from day one to justify it. And it's all because he's playing for Media's favorite team.

If Lonzo was drafted by the Suns, Kings or Magic, he and his loudmouth father would already be forgotten. It'd be all Ben Simmons, all the time.
    lonzo was hyped before he was on Lakers tho

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

was going to post this tbh

lonzo is not highly regarded like the OP said. he's simply hyped and the reality show has definitely put him in a pedestal not seen since LeBron.

forget the '17 draft class. its ben simmons year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    lonzo was hyped before he was on Lakers tho
    Before he was on the Lakers, he and his dad were already colluding to force their way to the Lakers. Media was just laying the groundwork for the next few years of Laker hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is 6 spots ahead of ball. ing hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzo Testicle is my pick for MVP

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wiggins is 6 spots ahead of ball. ing hilarious.
    wiggins like ball is overrated and overhyped comingvout of college so makes sense to me . .
    TBS, this list is espn sux

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wiggins like ball is overrated and overhyped comingvout of college so makes sense to me . .
    TBS, this list is espn sux
    There are 56 players in the league you'd take over Wiggins right now? At least dude has been on the court. He was a beast in the 2nd half of last season.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like ESPN is now pushing Ball in its promos. They have to justify having the Lakers on TV
    so much so they are making him rookie of the year .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This kid is going to be great. I wish he's playing for the Clippers. I'd trade Blake Griffin for Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 1st game of the preseason, but I love that Jason Kidd line: 5 points, 7 boards, 8 assists on 2-9 shooting

Might have a hidden gem in Kuzma, whom I called the Lakers Summer League MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 1st game of the preseason, but I love that Jason Kidd line: 5 points, 7 boards, 8 assists on 2-9 shooting

Might have a hidden gem in Kuzma, whom I called the Lakers Summer League MVP.
    not so hidden, the guy looks like the best lakers pick since bynum... which granted, isn't saying much...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll give it four years, Lonzo will be gonzo from laker land by then (provided there are any takers)

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This kid is going to be great. I wish he's playing for the Clippers. I'd trade Blake Griffin for Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram.
    It's official: you would be a worse GM than Doc.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most overrated weeble wobble headed muh a by far

Thread Information