Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Husband or Wife: "Are you cheating on me?!"

Snatches phone and points it at their spouse's face. Ding! Phone unlocks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The X looks great, but I'll get an 8 in a few months. Rather stick with TouchID. Apple Pay works instantly, it's pretty slick.
    And is fluid as you take out your phone and point it at the terminal with your finger already on the home button. Considering like 90% of POS terminals in Canada have Apple Pay capabilities, it was a blast going back there a few weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The X looks great, but I'll get an 8 in a few months. Rather stick with TouchID. Apple Pay works instantly, it's pretty slick.
    have an iWatch here, so makes no difference to me on that aspect...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have an iWatch here, so makes no difference to me on that aspect...
    Did you see you can now buy Microsoft's answer to the Apple Watch again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rofl... actually, saw one of those at Fan Expo Toronto, and was planning to grab it, but forgot. I do want to get one of them even if it's probably cheap molded plastic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunno why ppl need 256gb version, when 64gb should be enough

anyway the sg8/8+ are dirt cheap now......

I have a cousin who worked as tech support for fapple...lol wanker discounts is no different to reseller discounts max they can give out cause the margins for them are low on them products... since some countries has earlier release date he stocks them up and resells them overseas where bunch of brainwash materialistic clowns must have them at whatever costs... his got like 3 iPhone 7+ 256gb brand new in a box his trying to get rid of after his friends did a runner cant afford to buy them...what idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunno why ppl need 256gb version, when 64gb should be enough

anyway the sg8/8+ are dirt cheap now......

I have a cousin who worked as tech support for fapple...lol wanker discounts is no different to reseller discounts max they can give out cause the margins for them are low on them products... since some countries has earlier release date he stocks them up and resells them overseas where bunch of brainwash materialistic clowns must have them at whatever costs... his got like 3 iPhone 7+ 256gb brand new in a box his trying to get rid of after his friends did a runner cant afford to buy them...what idiots
    Fapple margins are best in the industry... they're easily going to be making $500+ on each iPhone X... you can about the tech and features on their products, but nobody is beating their margins.

Most big companies don't do big discounts for employees anyways. I know of at least one other big company that only does 5% for employees and you get refurb (certified). Then again, anything in high demand normally goes to the highest bidder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never have and never will give a dime to the slave masters at Apple, and my upgrade is around the corner...

No bias, just opinion...

An LG G6 or the S8?

Haven't had anything but either brand sans the short time I had a Moto X (really awesome and quick phone) and the G2 was probably my favorite smartphone of all time, but which do the hardcore techies think would be better?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never have and never will give a dime to the slave masters at Apple, and my upgrade is around the corner...

No bias, just opinion...

An LG G6 or the S8?

Haven't had anything but either brand sans the short time I had a Moto X (really awesome and quick phone) and the G2 was probably my favorite smartphone of all time, but which do the hardcore techies think would be better?
    I loved my G3 and I still love my G5...so if it was me I'd go with the G6. I know Cry Havoc and DJR have both said they've had good experiences with their G series phones as well. I'll either go with the G6 or V20 when I upgrade. That said, from what I've heard about both the S8 and the G6 I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to get a s7 soon. frugal for the win
    Yeah...I can't see paying out the ass for the latest/greatest when last year's phone does all I need it to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No bias, just opinion...

An LG G6 or the S8?

G6 is nice but I would take the S8

However the V30 is around the corner, it seems to be the real deal..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're ING PHONES you tool. The fact that you overcompensate for your tiny by debating utterly meaningless minutiae like this is mind boggling. Samsung and Apple both make amazing devices, just buy one and use it, don't let your entire ing existence revolve around if your phone is better than everyone else's.
    This is my opinion as well. All I care about is battery life but since I have 3 22000mAh battery packs with me when I travel, it's not an issue. Carrier is much more important than device. Right now AT&T is my carrier but that's because of coverage area where I travel. I hate new phones, hate new icons when the phone updates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I bought one of those for $120. Sold it the day before it arrived for $245.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No bias, just opinion...

An LG G6 or the S8?

I loved my G4 before it died (boot loop). So I bought a G5 a couple months ago and like it also. I'm not one to pay full price for the latest phone and I refuse to lease them through my carrier so I've been buying phones a generation or so old when I need to.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I buy cheap phones. having the newest phone. Right now I have a k7, I think.

I've had the 4s, S4, g3, g4 and the s7 edge all when they were new. having the newest, most fancy phone. The things depreciate faster than a car.

I can live with this phone, have it break and get another one, or another best iteration of a phone that's about 120 bucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved my G4 before it died (boot loop). So I bought a G5 a couple months ago and like it also. I'm not one to pay full price for the latest phone and I refuse to lease them through my carrier so I've been buying phones a generation or so old when I need to.
    With the monthly "installment" on the phone, my monthly bill will be $60 all unlimited with ATT, which is pretty solid, each line on my plan is anywhere from 50-70, all unlimited, which is like Sprint rates, so having a gen off is cool with me as well. Probably gonna roll with the LG since I don't experience slowdown after mandatory updates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can live with this phone, have it break and get another one, or another best iteration of a phone that's about 120 bucks.
    That's exactly what I paid for my G5 (maybe 125). And I honestly would've held on to my G4 for a of a lot longer had it not died. I've given up trying to keep up with technology, because like you said the depreciates fast.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...I can't see paying out the ass for the latest/greatest when last year's phone does all I need it to do.
    And seems this is the crux of the entire debate.
    What one needs and/or wants it to be capable of.

Phones are mobile and I don't have to remember numbers. Have a camera so I can take minimalist pictures of important data/info in journals. I don't wanna watch sports, play games, or read anything lengthy on a tiny screen. Don't want a signal when I am in the middle of nowhere because I am in the middle of nowhere for a reason.

I have a friend who constantly sends me pictures of food. I get messages on minutiae others should be able to figure out on their own, leave me alone. Deleting like a madman. I sound like an old fart throwback. Fckn sit down to eat so we can hash out a problem and everyone has their damn phone on the table. I say get the phones off the damn table. Concentrate. One ONE thing. Look at me in the face (it's not pretty) I need an answer in your eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using a 5S forever... battery is starting to die though, that's probably why I'll switch this year (although I could probably change the battery relatively easily).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still using a Galaxy Note 3. Haven't seen a need to upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a Moto x pure. Bought it for new for $200 over a year ago. No bloatware, just stock Android. Does everything I need it to. I hardly download any apps. I dont do FB, Twitter, etc.

It does the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still rocking the S6 tbh...

Battery is meh, but still a great phone and has a great camera tbh...

Also has the IR blaster, the ultimate trolling tool

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended up splurging. On 6 Note 8s. $5k. FML.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Eh. Stupid attention wannabe YouTuber, with fake crying. Even in her apology video she's talking about YT views, not taking any personal responsibility, and throwing her dad under the bus.

Father deserves it for raising such a y daughter imo

Thread Information