My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Joint will start opening day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray is unplayable, badly outplayed by Forbes or White or gets injured, Mills could temporarily start while Parker is out.

Either way, expect his minutes to be elevated to roughly 26-28 per game and him to generally finish close games, along with Green, Leonard, Gay and Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cautiously excited for BP3 and White off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reasons why Patty may not start
    Not over 30 yet
    Declining, but not enough yet. Needs a couple more seasons of declining and aging.

Reasons Patty may start
    massively overpaid
    shoulder injury may have hastened decline enough to justify
    more time may be needed to block Murray / screw up Murrays progress by forcing more "Be like CPO" agenda

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cautiously excited for BP3 and White off the bench
    Why? They aren't currently slated to get a second of normal rotation time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, White is exactly the type of guy you'd want starting:

Good defender (All Pac-12 Second-Team D I think)
    Good shooter (40 percent from three his senior year)
    Can penetrate/get his own shot
    Decent passer (five assists per 36 last year)
    Good intangibles (used to overcoming long odds and being tossed into unfamiliar situations; older and likely more mature than the average rookie).
    Good rebounder for a PG (five per 36 last year)

It you could give this report about Murray, we'd all be feeling great. DeJounte has length and some athleticism over Derrick as well as a year in the system. But I wouldn't be quick to dismiss White beating him out. The Spurs had to like Derrick for a reason, after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gawd, I hope not. Mills is garbage.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, our bench looks mediocre on paper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, our bench looks mediocre on paper
    Our best bench player (assuming Gay doesn't start or isn't what he used to be) will be 40 year old Manu.

How sad...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, White is exactly the type of guy you'd want starting:

Good defender (All Pac-12 Second-Team D I think)
    Good shooter (40 percent from three his senior year)
    Can penetrate/get his own shot
    Decent passer (five assists per 36 last year)
    Good intangibles (used to overcoming long odds and being tossed into unfamiliar situations; older and likely more mature than the average rookie).
    Good rebounder for a PG (five per 36 last year)

It you could give this report about Murray, we'd all be feeling great. DeJounte has length and some athleticism over Derrick as well as a year in the system. But I wouldn't be quick to dismiss White beating him out. The Spurs had to like Derrick for a reason, after all.
    Dejounte looked so bad in summer league that even the guards in that team who aren't in the NBA looked better. He should be freaking ashamed. JSimms was all star caliber next to the atrocity Dejounte laid on Vegas.

Not enough is being said about it bc he's black (don't understand the racial fixation in this forum from some guys and don't care either but it's an issue for many posters), and I guess he doesn't have a fat head so guys can't comment about it, but he was awful. Just horrible, one of the worst summer league players in fact by any metric. Out of like 410 Dijon was 404 or something. Pitiful.

As I said it wasn't just the shooting. I am going to disregard that completely reminding myself of George Hill terrible summer league back then too and assume Dijon will have it easy with better players than himself commanding more attention. If he cannot get his ballhandling to be better and more careful taking care of the ball, he will find himself on Pops doghouse. He better come back improved or he is going to find himself back in the dleague getting over himself first.

White being picked up might be Manu backup plan, Danny e or offseason opt out back up plan, or even Dejounte busting hard backup plan. Spurs guard situation is so rickety and unknowns that picking up White wasn't enough for Pop. They got BPaul and about 2 more guards (one as a 2 way contract just in case)...
    Just you wait bc Pop is also going to play Slowmo as the sloth 6'9" lanky guard ( that bit is a joke, I hope he's played at the position he's best at and Pops stops the shenanigans)...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-14-2017 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough is being said about it bc he's black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte looked so bad in summer league that even the guards in that team who aren't in the NBA looked better. He should be freaking ashamed. JSimms was all star caliber next to the atrocity Dejounte laid on Vegas.

Not enough is being said about it bc he's black (don't understand the racial fixation in this forum from some guys and don't care either but it's an issue for many posters), and I guess he doesn't have a fat head so guys can't comment about it, but he was awful. Just horrible, one of the worst summer league players in fact by any metric. Out of like 410 Dijon was 404 or something. Pitiful.

As I said it wasn't just the shooting. I am going to disregard that completely reminding myself of George Hill terrible summer league back then too and assume Dijon will have it easy with better players than himself commanding more attention. If he cannot get his ballhandling to be better and more careful taking care of the ball, he will find himself on Pops doghouse. He better come back improved or he is going to find himself back in the dleague getting over himself first.

White being picked up might be Manu backup plan, Danny e or offseason opt out back up plan, or even Dejounte busting hard backup plan. Spurs guard situation is so rickety and unknowns that picking up White wasn't enough for Pop. They got BPaul and about 2 more guards (one as a 2 way contract just in case)...
    Just you wait bc Pop is also going to play Slowmo as the sloth 6'9" lanky guard ( that bit is a joke, I hope he's played at the position he's best at and Pops stops the shenanigans)...

Very dissapointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean surely if he was white his fate as not NBA material would have been proclaimed on draft night around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just saying... Dejounte is going to get an opportunity here. He better com back better, otherwise he's going to need some humbling. For a guy who has yet to achieve anything at the NBA level he has a high ego. It's fine if he comes in this season and blows us away with his potential greatness. I would like nothing better, but if he comes in as one of the worst guards in the league... what can you do if you are Pop? Think about it. You draft the best guard you can and then you scour the summer league for any better and sign him. Then you feature Forbes to see if he can instead help the team next season and not done with that you sign London Perrantes who schooled Dejounte in summer league and stole a game the team had already won from him, and just then in case sign another guard to a 2 way contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean surely if he was white his fate as not NBA material would have been proclaimed on draft night around here.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was starting to get excited about the season, until I saw this thread again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my nigg' the great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really concerned with who starts. You could have Kyle start and see how he handles the PG position in the NBA and if he excels or is very average. Bryn Forbes would probably be my personal favorite but with either of those guys you'd have to be winning games to even stick with it for a decent amount of time. Derrick White probably sees little to no minutes this season but I wouldn't mind starting him either bc it'd build his confidence and it's only a temporary thing. Again, it'd have to be on a pretty short leash. Murray has started some games but he's been very hit or miss, that's why I think Patty is most likely to start. He's going to be the guy Pop's most confident in bc he's a known commodity. And honestly it's probably not a dumb move. Starting some scrub which any of the other guys MIGHT be could cost us to lose games we have no business losing. Patty's been on the team a while and while he is what he is at this point he won't be overwhelmed and knows how to play with this team. If Kawhi is going to be handling the ball 90% of the time with the starting group then a shooting PG is ideal. Would prefer a more natural ball handler playing PG with that starting unit though to move the ball better, that's why I suggested Kyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Patty gets the start if Tony cannot simply because Patty understands the offense. Murray will get a lot of backup minutes though and Tony will be waiting for him on the bench to chastise him any time he returns to the pine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray will start so the bench isn't complete dog . If he bombs then Mills will take his spot until TP returns.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be our starter for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker moving to the bench MIGHT be enough to make up for our best bench player, Simmons, leaving. Again, MIGHT.

A bench of MVPau, MVHead, BP3, Forbes, MVParker
    damn, TGY giving kudos to Pau, Forbes, BP3 and Kyle!

solid bump, tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, TGY giving kudos to Pau, Forbes, BP3 and Kyle and porker!

solid bump, tbh

Thread Information