Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tony on track to start the season? Does that matter at all when it comes to MVPaddy starting, tbh?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker moving to the bench MIGHT be enough to make up for our best bench player, Simmons, leaving. Again, MIGHT.

A bench of MVPau, MVHead, BP3, Forbes, MVParker

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker moving to the bench MIGHT be enough to make up for our best bench player, Simmons, leaving. Again, MIGHT.

A bench of MVPau, MVHead, BP3, Forbes, MVParker
    More like Pau/Bertans/Anderson/Murray(or Manu)/Parker

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Parker is healthy for opening night. I think Murray starts and Patty keeps coming off the bench until Tony is ready, then Tony starts and Murray gets spot minutes at the 1 or 2 unless Parker is resting.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Pau/Bertans/Anderson/Murray/Parker
    I like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance Porker just retires?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Patty start this season, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it, Patty is second unit material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to say no, Dejounte starts, but we haven't seen Dejounte lately, and last time we saw him he wasn't balling well enough. Hopefully he's put in time to make himself better. Otherwise we might see a revolving door of Pops trying all if his fresh faced guards, or he will call back Andre Miller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just thought that Patty with Kyle Anderson starting is a good mix. If Murray starts, then I think Bertans needs too instead of Anderson. I think Leonard will get a chunch of minutes at the 2 this year with Ruby playing the 3 and 4. I dare say if Green goes down with an injury, Ruby starts at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruby

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray will get the job to start the season. After he has a five or six game stretch shooting about 29 FG%, Patty will be moved into the starting lineup, tbh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be our starter for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As there is no sign Tony is there to start the season, I'm guessing Mills, but Pop might want continuity and start Murray for now. I'm thinking Mills starts along with Green, Kawhi, Gasoline, LMA ...only to insert Gay eventually to close

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be our starter for the playoffs.
    tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, not a chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Murray starts as long as Parker is out ... rather have Murrays deficits covered up in the starting five and Patty in his known role firing off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Murray starts as long as Parker is out ... rather have Murrays deficits covered up in the starting five and Patty in his known role firing off the bench
    This. Patty won't get his shots in the SL, and his offense is his greatest strength. He's spend most of the game deferring to LMA/Gay/Kawhi, and we won't have anybody scoring off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills has peaked. When you've peaked that means you've been "exposed"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure of how pop is gearing the offense. Based on the current personnel on the roster and the ability to space the floor and most players except aldridge and green can pass and dribble, we might see patty starting with Kawhi doing most of the ball handling.

The other options are starting murray. The pros are if he starts out alright it will build confidence in himself and confidence and the trust of pop. Cons are if he flops pop is going to have no faith in him to start the season and then his rotations get all weird for the first few months of the season.

He's not ready to start day in and out in my opnion. I say roll with patty, token start manu or forbes.

Forbes d I'd awful, but he should theoretically get alot of spacing aND might light it up offensively as an off the ball scoring option. Higher reward and less risk with this expirement. If forbes swims then that's great. If not, no big deal. Any positive production out of forbes is icing on the cake. No draft pick invested in him and can cut ties quickly with forbes.

If forbes sucks then pull him. If murray sucks then that would be a bigger long term issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would think Pop's going into camp planning on Murray/Green/Leonard/Gay/Aldridge. The logical result of that is likely that Murray is still bad at spotting up and is pushed to the second unit for Patty. But a number of things can happen, whether it be Pau starting next to LMA, Gay going to the bench, Green going there, or someone like Derrick White showing enough for Pop to give him the starting nod. Kyle's Understudy may have been brought in to replace Green eventually as the starting two, but his age and game make him an intriguing fit for a spot that should go to a player who can spot up but also score off the dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray will be better than a lot of people here are anticipating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Yes. I have discounted White bc he's a rookie, but in reality he's older than Dejounte is and can shoot, or at least he shot well in college. We really don't know if he'll be good enough in a small role to be serviceable early in the season. It is a big adjustment to play in the NBA coming from college and it tends to be tough on all rookies to make the adjustment except for the really exceptional players.

In reality, minutes are up for grabs (whether starting or not) and might be Dejountes to lose to begin with. Aside from shooting, what gives me pause with Dejounte is his unsteadiness taking care of the ball. He is so young however, that I do expect him to have a better season than last one. It would be a red flag I think if he's not improved... not the end of his career but one expects improvement in the basics from young players like him. Anyways, I think when he's on his game he's so disruptive on defense that the SL with him could be awesome.... but that is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario (for him), he looks like he did in summer league and Forbes and White snatch his minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray will be better than a lot of people here are anticipating.
    I sure hope so. He pretty much looked like dog in the Summer League games he actually played in. I'm still wondering if he was fully healthy considering his performance and limited minutes.

That being said, it's much easier to shine when you are surrounded by guys like Kawhi and Aldridge in a system than it is when you are trying to carry a bunch of DLeague scrubs playing glorified pickup ball.

Hopefully he will look more like the player we got to see in the playoffs come the start of the season.

Thread Information